Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Leroy Fer - any fitness news?

I see physio room has him (and turner) back fit for this weekened crucial game.    Anyone know how close either are and whether Fer in particular is close?

Its clear we have missed Fer more than anticipated and having him back in Adams first line up would be a brilliant double boost at the right time;  he remains the central midfielder with the best win ratio and points won per game (all the other central mid players have lost more than 50% of games started), as well as the most successful tackles, goals,  assists, key passes.    He simply is a key member of the team and adds a physical presence that the others lack.

He was certainly doing running exercises ten days or so ago, and I suspect may have had some light training by now.

Whether he has joined in full training, is a question. Even if he has, and although he is an athlete, whether he can gain sufficient match fitness in a short time and for such an important game, is the big question. The answer to this big question will be kept under cover until Craven Cottage, I expect.

We have missed him all these weeks, and his return could give another confidence boost.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I see physio room has him (and turner) back fit for this weekened crucial game.    Anyone know how close either are and whether Fer in particular is close?

Its clear we have missed Fer more than anticipated and having him back in Adams first line up would be a brilliant double boost at the right time;  he remains the central midfielder with the best win ratio and points won per game (all the other central mid players have lost more than 50% of games started), as well as the most successful tackles, goals,  assists, key passes.    He simply is a key member of the team and adds a physical presence that the others lack.

[/quote]In the presser before WBA last week CH mentioned that he was returning to train with the team this week. Great news, but I would have thought this weekend may be too soon for him.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Given that this is our biggest game of the 5 without a doubt, we should risk him if possible.[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking - use him and see how far he gets,   start him central forward and replace with BJ or Wes depending on our needs!

We have clearly missed Fer more than most appreciated we would at the time he got injured.

Would be a massive boost to have him fit again for the weekend, but with only a few session''s of full training under his belt I think best case for Leroy this weekend would be to make the bench.