Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Who will Adams play vs Fulham?

It''ll be interesting to see who Adams will fancy and who will be dropped. There''s always a few surprises when a new manager comes in, so place your bets now..

I don''t know why, but I''m fearing a two flat lines of 4 in a 442. And a good hiding.

Don''t know who he''ll play though, maybe Pilkington will come back into it.

Just a thought, maybe he will pick pretty much the same team, motivating then by allowing more freedom and expression and letting them know this is their opportunity to right the wrongs. IMO that would be more appropriate than sending in those who up until now have been ''sidelined''. The encumbents will have something to prove to themselves and the fans.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him stick with his 451/433 that he uses for the youth team. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Murphy brought back into the squad. May also be chance for someone like Fox to get back into squad. Dont think Jonas or becchio will be involved anymore though

He''ll stick Wolf & Hoops in and select the formation/team around them imo.

If Adams is that good. He''ll instruct the rest to feed them the ball how those two want it.

"I don''t know why, but I''m fearing a two flat lines of 4 in a 442"Lambert got it to work at times.

I was thinking about this last night. I don thtink in terms of personnel there will or can be radical changes. Suppose the big dilemmas will be whether he plays inverted or convetional wingers, two up front and which two, or whether the team revolves around Wes again. Anybodies guess really. Think any change will be in how over or under coached the players are. If Hughton and co have been drilling certain mentalities and tactics into them, Adams may change this, rather than who gets picked. Sherwood apparently basically just told Adebayor how much he was valued and how much he believed in him and he started scoring again. Maybe thats all that is required, a change in mentality and psychology

The real point is that Felix Magath is now not going to have a clue as to who and how we will play from the start, or about how the team and tactics might change during the game.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]The only thing I hope he ditches, and as a previous winger at the club I hope he will, INVERTED WINGERS![/quote]

Me too, just for experimentation''s sake. But, Snoddy has been good recently (but had a poor 1st half vs WBA) and he doesn''t seem to be able to play anywhere else.

I fear this might mean he stays there for sat.

Hopefully though, it''ll be Redmond on the right, and a rejuvenated Pilks on the left, with the pair of them told to ping in crosses early and often.

Will he go with Ricky and Hoops upfront, away though? Or maybe Elmander with one of those, as maybe if the service/crossing was the problem, he''d be a good target for knock-downs, flick ons to Hooper or RVW?

Tettey had a stinker against Swansea and West Brom, would you bring Johnson back in? Howson was also poor, but is Hoolahan worth the gamble away? So many interesting decisions.

I''m guessing the back 5 (inc Ruddy) is the only thing that will stay the same.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The real point is that Felix Magath is now not going to have a clue as to who and how we will play from the start, or about how the team and tactics might change during the game.[/quote]

Nor did Chris.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Ruddy in goal, Martin, Turner, Yobo, Olsson, Snodgrass, Tettey, Howson, Fer (or Wes), Redmond, Hooper[/quote]

Is Fer back from injury ?

Wouldn''t be surprised to see Snodgrass in a more central role behind Hooper, with Redmond, a Murphy or Pilks on the flanks. Johnson and Tettey in CM, Howson on bench for Snods if that is not working.

He wont change much, IMHO. He doesn''t have time to do that. I suspect either Pilks or Jonas might replace Wes.All we need is some players playing with a bit of freedom and confidence and a will to win.

Drop Bassong and play Turner and Yobo, but remember Fulham play one of two 17 year olds up front need 5 in midfield to counter. Johnson and Tettey, Snoddy and Pilks on the flanks, Howson or Hoolahan as playmaker. With RVW as solitary striker he will be delighted CH gone there was friction and Ricky more mobile than Hoops.

[quote user="pete"]Drop Bassong and play Turner and Yobo, but remember Fulham play one of two 17 year olds up front need 5 in midfield to counter. Johnson and Tettey, Snoddy and Pilks on the flanks, Howson or Hoolahan as playmaker. With RVW as solitary striker he will be delighted CH gone there was friction and Ricky more mobile than Hoops.[/quote]

Pete, are you basing this report of friction between CH and RVW on the fact Ricky walked down the tunnel after being subbed?

So a lot of us (me included) going for Pilkington to come back in - but he hasn''t shown much ability/confidence/desire in recent performance has he? Are we just hoping he didn''t like CH and the tactics and will be rejuvenated under Neyul?

I think that''s what I''m hoping, plus I have more confidence in Pilks'' crossing that I do Murphy.

And some people want to drop Howson.. interesting. And most want to see Turner in for Bassong. Can''t do any harm, I agree!

As others have implied, wonder if we might use wingers on their right sides rather than "inverted". Maybe Snodgrass not taking every single corner to create a bit more variation too.

Unless Adams is nuts not much will change.  It''s a case of trying to gee the boys up to perform, so chopping things around will complicate it for no reason.  So actually I reckon no different to Hughton, it''s the mentality changes that will be interesting to watch.Key thing to remember is no matter what you all want, Adams will just be thinking "don''t get beat".

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 07/04/2014 11:07 AM:

Ruddy in goal, Martin, Turner, Yobo, Olsson, Snodgrass, Tettey, Howson, Fer (or Wes), Redmond, Hooper

If he puts that team out we may as well have left Hughton in the job.

The first question to answer is "What will Adams expect from his wide men? Will he want them to hit the line and get crosses in early or will he want them to come inside at every opportunity and shoot (as we have been doing all season)?"

Answer that question and I think we will go a long way to knowing who he may play.

[quote user="MancCanary"]So a lot of us (me included) going for Pilkington to come back in - but he hasn''t shown much ability/confidence/desire in recent performance has he? Are we just hoping he didn''t like CH and the tactics and will be rejuvenated under Neyul? I think that''s what I''m hoping, plus I have more confidence in Pilks'' crossing that I do Murphy.  [/quote]

I don''t think it''s too much of a leap to think that Pilkington was very unhappy under Hughton. Yes, he''s had some injury problems but he has never been given a decent run to get himself back to his best - and that''s a real shame for a player with so much ability who has been very good for us in the past.

We struggle to score goals and we''ve overlooked/frozen out a player who has shown he can score goals and help to create them for others.

He obviously tried to leave in January so his mind might be made up on a move regardless of a change in manager but I hope we can get him wanting to do the business for Norwich again.

Just so long as Elmander is seen no where near the first team next weekend we might be in with a decent shot of actually scoring a goal. In fact I''m kind of hoping his loan deal gets terminated asap as he has been an unbelievable flop for us this season.

As to who plays - I''m hoping that we actually play two strikers and try to win the game, rather than trying to not lose as we would''ve done under Hoots. There''s a reason Fulham are in the bottom 3, they''re not very good. That''s the thing we need to remember when we line up with more than one striker on Saturday - we can beat them.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Just so long as Elmander is seen no where near the first team next weekend we might be in with a decent shot of actually scoring a goal. In fact I''m kind of hoping his loan deal gets terminated asap as he has been an unbelievable flop for us this season.

As to who plays - I''m hoping that we actually play two strikers and try to win the game, rather than trying to not lose as we would''ve done under Hoots. There''s a reason Fulham are in the bottom 3, they''re not very good. That''s the thing we need to remember when we line up with more than one striker on Saturday - we can beat them.

[/quote]

I hear what you''re saying Poirot, but I''m just not sure if Hooper and RVW can play well together. Perhaps elmander is worth it just to have someone who can cause trouble and win headers for one of the former? He was excellent against Sunderland remember. Neither Hooper nor RVW have been excellent for quite some time.

Agree with the latter part of your post completely.

ref89,

You said;

Key thing to remember is no matter what you all want, Adams will just be thinking "don''t get beat".

I certainly hope you are wrong, because this is the style of thinking CH had, if he was thinking, "do win" I would have greater hope of a result to see us safe.

Was thinking exactly the same. Adams youth team have pace wide. This would be my Adams team;

Ruddy

Martin                    Turner                    Bassong           Olsson

Howson             Johnson

Redmond                                   Snoddy                          Pilks

RVW/Hooper

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The real point is that Felix Magath is now not going to have a clue as to who and how we will play from the start, or about how the team and tactics might change during the game.[/quote]

The importance of this cannot be overstated. How on earth does he prepare now? Unfortunately, Fulham didnt know how to prepare for Hughton''s first game in charge either, and look what happened!

Unfortunately I can see us getting a tonking at Fulham. Magath has them a lot better organised than they were, and the element of surprise only gets you so far- we''ll still have a similar side to that which CH would have put out.

Of course I''ll get behind Neill and the team, but struggle to see us winning on Saturday. I hope I''m proven wrong.