Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Will the wounds ever heal?

I still desperately miss the Lambert years, it is hard to explain. I watch the Simeon Jackson goals, the 3-2 win against Derby, the Ipswich trashings including the Holt hat-tricks. The 2011-12 season review DVD, watching Fox look like Paul Scholes in this league - Holt getting one over on Terry and Ferdinand. Those highlights are enough to make my eyes a little watery. Makes me wonder what Snodgrass would be have been like in a Lambert team. I can''t remember a legendary striker quite like Holt, what a #9.  It hurts seeing him playing for Villa, probably a shadow of his former self but what a header - what I would pay to see Holty score one more bullet like that in the yellow and green. That goal hurt too. I know that good times will come again one day but the wounds appeared when Lambert left, and just got deeper and deeper, none of the wounds have been healed. How can they have been? We''ve been going backwards, with no new heroes. I hope that Sunday was the beginning of a new dawn, despite the terrible season it isn''t too late for somebody to make a hero of themselves this season. It''s a new start for us fans, and the players. Five games and the players have the chance to make themselves a cult hero - an Elmander winner Arsenal? Van Wolfswinkel last minute header against Man Utd? Hooper brace against Fulham? Pilkington coming back and showing us the form that he did last year and the year before?Literally overnight I''ve gone from feeling that our hapless manager and hopeless players are destined for the Championship, to wondering whether there is a hero amongst that squad ready to write themselves into history like Simeon Jackson..... 8 months of rubbish football and missed sitters could all be forgiven with one goal. Is a strange feeling, a small bit of belief that this time next month we could have finish this season with a hero. Things would be quite surreal if that hero was to turn out to be Beccio, or Fox, or even Elmander. If the players feel like that too, that any one of them could become a hero over the next 34 days, then we have to be in with a chance don''t we?

Put your wounded heart back in your purse love. There''s work to be done.

[quote user="Juggy"]I still desperately miss the Lambert years, it is hard to explain. I watch the Simeon Jackson goals, the 3-2 win against Derby, the Ipswich trashings including the Holt hat-tricks. The 2011-12 season review DVD, watching Fox look like Paul Scholes in this league - Holt getting one over on Terry and Ferdinand. Those highlights are enough to make my eyes a little watery. Makes me wonder what Snodgrass would be have been like in a Lambert team. I can''t remember a legendary striker quite like Holt, what a #9.  It hurts seeing him playing for Villa, probably a shadow of his former self but what a header - what I would pay to see Holty score one more bullet like that in the yellow and green. That goal hurt too. I know that good times will come again one day but the wounds appeared when Lambert left, and just got deeper and deeper, none of the wounds have been healed. How can they have been? We''ve been going backwards, with no new heroes. I hope that Sunday was the beginning of a new dawn, despite the terrible season it isn''t too late for somebody to make a hero of themselves this season. It''s a new start for us fans, and the players. Five games and the players have the chance to make themselves a cult hero - an Elmander winner Arsenal? Van Wolfswinkel last minute header against Man Utd? Hooper brace against Fulham? Pilkington coming back and showing us the form that he did last year and the year before?Literally overnight I''ve gone from feeling that our hapless manager and hopeless players are destined for the Championship, to wondering whether there is a hero amongst that squad ready to write themselves into history like Simeon Jackson..... 8 months of rubbish football and missed sitters could all be forgiven with one goal. Is a strange feeling, a small bit of belief that this time next month we could have finish this season with a hero. Things would be quite surreal if that hero was to turn out to be Beccio, or Fox, or even Elmander. If the players feel like that too, that any one of them could become a hero over the next 34 days, then we have to be in with a chance don''t we?[/quote]

Man up man

What goes up must come down. Roller Coaster''s are exciting but they can make you sick.Some of us are still smarting over Billy Bingham''s goal for Luton in 1959 Juggy boy.But time heals all wounds.

Kipling had it sussed:-If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

Can I get over it and the wounds heal?Morgan Saunders Bond Brown

Stringer Williams Walker Deehan Megson O Neill Franklin Megson Walker

Faulkner Rioch Hamilton Worthington Hunter Grant Duffy Roeder Gunn

Butterworth Lambert Hughton Have done every other time.

[quote user="ricardo"]What goes up must come down. Roller Coaster''s are exciting but they can make you sick.Some of us are still smarting over Billy Bingham''s goal for Luton in 1959 Juggy boy.But time heals all wounds.

Kipling had it sussed:-If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;
[/quote]I once had a Triumph (car not bike) and that was a disasterdoes that count ?ps exceedingly nice cakes