Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

I wonder what the Messiah is thinking

About events at the carra over the past 24 hours.

I bet he is wondering how can he engineer a move back to the Carra. I bet his agent will be contacting McNasty to prepare the ground work.

NA is just a short term fix until the Messiah becomes available in the summer

One thing he definitely won''t be thinking about is coming back here as Manager at any time, at least not as our Manager.

He''s got hisw own problems. The Lambert Outers have got a new stick now. Apparently the defeat by Fulham was their 10th home defeat of the season. The most in a single season during their 140 year history. That clock is apparently ticking...

Lambert never struck me as the kind of guy that would ever contemplate a backward step. He had to much confidence in his own ability for that. We had three wonderful years and you would need to live a second lifetime to hope to experience that again.It will never be seen again but I am eternally grateful to him for what he did.

I agree with all of that Ricardo, he and his coaching team were absolutely brilliant for us.....BUT....having decided not to take on that tricky second season back in the EPL he decided to walk out on Norwich City to go to a bigger club (which Villa are) to further his career, and from what I can see he has achieved very little and has fallen way short of the Villa fans expectations, so my guess is that he is thinking he may get a call from their Chairman very soon.     

[quote user="lappinitup"]Hughton''s Norwich.....P71 Pts76......Lambert''s Villa............P70 Pts75....."Messier" lol. [:D][/quote]Lambert''s Norwich P142 Pts 216''"Messiah"  lol

As you asked!

I''m thinking, why do fans always look to the past. Pretty much like any Town fan who reminisce in Those Were The Days and can never look to the future.

Is your true Messiah in-fact George Burley?

[quote user="The Messiah"]As you asked! I''m thinking, why do fans always look to the past. Pretty much like any Town fan who reminisce in Those Were The Days and can never look to the future. Is your true Messiah in-fact George Burley?[/quote]

You are not the Messiah. You are a very naughty boy.

[quote user="The Messiah"]As you asked!

I''m thinking, why do fans always look to the past. Pretty much like any Town fan who reminisce in Those Were The Days and can never look to the future.

Is your true Messiah in-fact George Burley?[/quote]

With such uncanny perceptiveness, it almost makes you believe...

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lappinitup"]Hughton''s Norwich.....P71 Pts76......Lambert''s Villa............P70 Pts75....."Messier" lol. [:D][/quote]Lambert''s Norwich P142 Pts 216''"Messiah"  lol[/quote]I was talking about their comparative records since Lambert left Norwich. (explanation needed for the hard of understanding). [:''(]

There''s no point in wondering, WC, as understanding God is beyond human comprehension, so even if you knew what he/she is thinking you wouldn''t understand it - unless you are not human, in which case you might stand a chance.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lappinitup"]Hughton''s Norwich.....P71 Pts76......Lambert''s Villa............P70 Pts75....."Messier" lol. [:D][/quote]Lambert''s Norwich P142 Pts 216''"Messiah"  lol[/quote]I was talking about their comparative records since Lambert left Norwich. (explanation needed for the hard of understanding). [:''(][/quote]Yes and I was then showing a comparison of Lambert''s form whilst at Norwich to help you better understand why we call him the messiah.

To quote a great man "Explanation needed for the hard of understanding".

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lappinitup"]Hughton''s Norwich.....P71 Pts76......Lambert''s Villa............P70 Pts75....."Messier" lol. [:D][/quote]Lambert''s Norwich P142 Pts 216''"Messiah"  lol[/quote]I was talking about their comparative records since Lambert left Norwich. (explanation needed for the hard of understanding). [:''(][/quote]Yes and I was then showing a comparison of Lambert''s form whilst at Norwich to help you better understand why we call him the messiah.

To quote a great man "Explanation needed for the hard of understanding".[/quote]

Totally irrevelant comparison given that Hughton didn''t manage us in the lower divisions. And short of the board resigning almost en bloc, do these muppets understand things so poorly as to see Lambert ever returning?

[quote user="danielsroundabout"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="lappinitup"]Hughton''s Norwich.....P71 Pts76......Lambert''s Villa............P70 Pts75....."Messier" lol. [:D][/quote]Lambert''s Norwich P142 Pts 216''"Messiah"  lol[/quote]I was talking about their comparative records since Lambert left Norwich. (explanation needed for the hard of understanding). [:''(][/quote]Yes and I was then showing a comparison of Lambert''s form whilst at Norwich to help you better understand why we call him the messiah.

To quote a great man "Explanation needed for the hard of understanding".[/quote]

Totally irrevelant comparison given that Hughton didn''t manage us in the lower divisions. And short of the board resigning almost en bloc, do these muppets understand things so poorly as to see Lambert ever returning?[/quote]Obviously he''s not going to return but Lambert''s form with Norwich in his first season in the Premier League was better than either of Hughton''s two attempts. Additionally the security of a 3rd season in the Premier League and a £25m player budget probably put him in a comparative position this year than Lambert had when he''d just got us out of League One and was spending £500k on Simeon Jackson, where he went on to finish 2nd in a league the club had previously been finishing in around 18th or lower under Grant, Roeder and Gunn. I''m fascinated why comparing the performance of two ex-Norwich managers annoys people so much as to start hurling insults. Perhaps some meditation, a cup of warm horlicks and a bit of perspective would help?

You''re right buddy. People do get out of their trees about it. But it''s not comparing Lambert at Norwich with Hughton at Norwich. It''s comparing them over the last two seasons over the same time in the same league against the same teams.

I think Lambert has huge problems at Villa. Their fans are not as patient as ours and crucially his big problems are at Villa Park for all of them to see. The Fulham win last Saturday was their 10th home defeat. The most in one season in their entire 140 year history. Here Lambert was renowned for changing games bringing on subs. At Villa only one sub has scored this season same as Hughton''s Norwich.

I don''t want to see Lambert fail. He gave us three fantastic years. I hope Hughton goes on to be successful somewhere too. I think Lambert will be ok if he can get over the line in the next couple of weeks which I think he will. He''ll have to show improvement next season though and if he''s not confident he can I think he may walk.