Sign in to follow this  
pete

West Brom fixtures

Albion believe they are safe after beating City but a look at their remaining fixtures they look as difficult as ours not league contenders but

Tottenham H 12/4

Man C A 21/4

West Ham H 26/4

Arsenal A 4/5

Sunderland A 7/5 obviously good chance for 3 points

Stoke 11/5

Games against teams who will want to finish as best as possible and will see Albion as an easy touch esp at home.

Good post Pete it''s not over till the fat lady sings we are still 5 points above third from bottom

Saw all the fixtures in the paper this morning. And figured we definitely need one more win, 2 pts May be enough but I''d be happier with 4.

I think if we''d have beaten wba they may have still been in the mix( and us pretty much out of it) but I would expect hunger

to overcome whu and stoke at relevant times if needs be.

Do hope spurs go unbeaten till the end of the season though

Well their game in hand is the Sunderland one.

Their Spurs and Arsenal games are probably on a par with our Man Utd and Arsenal games. Their Man City game is probably on a par with our Liverpool one.

So would you rather have West Ham and Stoke or Fulham and Chelsea?

Mid-season, you might actually prefer Fulham and Chelsea - "should" be three points from that, whereas two midtable sides a few places above you, you could easily get 2, 1 or 0 points.

But at the end of the season, you''ve got two midtable sides with nothing to play for, or one side still battling for the title and another scrapping to stay up in what is pretty much a two horse race between you and them.

Ours is harder therefore, and that''s before you add the Sunderland game where they''d be hoping for at least one and probably three points.

Well, I''d rather we were in their position - an extra game, significantly better goal difference, and three ''winnable'' games as opposed to just one.

We now need to beat Fulham, I don''t think a draw and prayer will be enough.

Nothing to play for except pride and league psition games against West Ham and Stoke will be more difficult than you consider. Only easy game Sundeland but they''''re at home still won''t roll over.

We still need points but Albion not out of it and not checked Swansea fixtures.

And don''t forget that Stoke see WBA as a derby match - last game of the season, derby match, Stoke aiming to finish as top midlands club for the first time in their history - definitely NOT a straightforward fixture for the Baggies.