Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Mick Dennis Tweet...

Working at Chelsea. Saw Chris Hughton outside. Gave him hug. He said: "Hope the lads win Sat" #ncfc

Can''t help but feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Just a shame the board didn''t see the writing on the wall before things turned nasty.

He''s a genuine bloke and I sincerely hope he goes on to be successful elsewhere! Good luck Chris!!

I don''t think Hughton will be scarred by his time at Norwich.

Whilst I don''t recall many chorus''s of Chris Hughtons Green and Yellow Army he really got very little abuse and even the most rabid outers would always concur he was a lovely man.

Shame it didn''t work out, move along everyone.

He should''ve gone at Christmas..

Did he deserve to be smacked round the face with a clap banner? No.

He was the job to best of his abilities.. blame the board not Hughton!

He is hoping to make an incisive move forward towards the turnstiles. So far he has moved backwards and sideways and after 60 minutes hasn''t made a meaning full effort in front of the entrance.

Or is he doing a managerial Peter odemwingie

I''m sure he''s a very nice bloke. He''s just tactically inept, and not good enough to manage in the Premiership.

[quote user="STAN"]Working at Chelsea. Saw Chris Hughton outside. Gave him hug. He said: "Hope the lads win Sat" #ncfc Can''t help but feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Just a shame the board didn''t see the writing on the wall before things turned nasty. He''s a genuine bloke and I sincerely hope he goes on to be successful elsewhere! Good luck Chris!![/quote]

Stan , dont feel too sorry for any Premier League Manager. CH will walk away with his last years contract paid up I assume,  and either a cushy media job for a few months, a job at the FA or even a role at the LMA.

Nice work if you can get it.

whilst i wanted him sacked, the downside of this is, on whichever day it is we relegated he''ll be lying on a beach somewhere instead of in the firing line to recieve the full flak he would have deserved for an appalling managieral display this season..

Does that make you feel cheated GJL?

Console yourself by reminiscing the full flak he''s received on here for nearly 2 seasons..

That was nice of Dick Mennis, was Hoots selling big issues outside Stamford bridge then tonight.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Console yourself by reminiscing the full flak he''s received on here for nearly 2 seasons..

[/quote]

yes,frankly.....he''s the one who''s left us in this sh!t mess, but won''t be around when the full reprucussions of his failings are felt by the rest of us in about a months time.

I feel fairly sure he wouldnt have been reading these forums for the last 2 seasons...........he can consider himself fortunate that there was only around 3 minutes of "Hughton Out" chants at the back end of the WBA game...many other managers would/should have had weeks/months of it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

yes,frankly.....he''s the one who''s left us in this sh!t mess, but won''t be around when the full reprucussions of his failings are felt by the rest of us in about a months time.

I feel fairly sure he wouldnt have been reading these forums for the last 2 seasons...........he can consider himself fortunate that there was only around 3 minutes of "Hughton Out" chants at the back end of the WBA game...many other managers would/should have had weeks/months of it.

[/quote]

You need therapy GeeJay. A picture on a dartboard may help you. Or maybe you could make some Chris Hughton toilet blocks. Failing that there are plenty of self help books that could help you alleviate angst.

Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself. -- William Shakespeare

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You need therapy GeeJay. A picture on a dartboard may help you. Or maybe you could make some Chris Hughton toilet blocks. Failing that there are plenty of self help books that could help you alleviate angst.

Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself.
-- William Shakespeare

[/quote]

therapy eh?....well I don''t really see how the situation Hughton has left us in to be too disimilar relatavely speaking than that which the unpopular Glenn Roeder did.  The only difference appears to be that the former is percieved as being a "nice guy". Well I''m able to see through that and I''m afraid it is just as unforgivable if not moreso.

Hughton didn''t "leave us" he was sacked.

Upon his sacking the club were left 5 points above the drop with 5 tough games to play. If we go down, he won''t be there to take the flak.

If we stay up, you won''t be able to thank him for the 32 points we had in the bank either.

Swings and roundabouts really...;-)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself.-- William Shakespeare

[/quote]

therapy eh?....well I don''t really see how the situation Hughton has left us in to be too disimilar relatavely speaking than that which the unpopular Glenn Roeder did.  The only difference appears to be that the former is percieved as being a "nice guy". Well I''m able to see through that and I''m afraid it is just as unforgivable if not moreso.

[/quote]

It''s worse than we thought Doc...

Forget the therapy and get straight on the meds!

Chris Hughton has been sacked by the board, who thought it the best thing to do, the same board that hired Chris Hughton, any ire you have in respect of our position should be distributed evenly bettwen Chris Hughton (he has received his punishment) and the board, and to a certain extent the players........