Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Predictions for last five games.

Optimisitic! I would take them results! I''d pay handsomely for that set of results too! Would we be guaranteed safety from them results?

Looking at my pre-season predictions I have given us 2 points. I hope I''m wrong because it''s going to need at least 3 points and maybe 4 to be safe.

Looking at my pre-season predictions I had us on 44 points at this point with zero points for the next five games but let''s not get in to the second half of this season being more difficult than the first.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Looking at my pre-season predictions I had us on 44 points at this point with zero points for the next five games but let''s not get in to the second half of this season being more difficult than the first.[/quote]

I had forecast the same final points total but had us on 42 points at this stage.It always looked to me that people forecasting a 50+ points haul had lost touch with reality. After a dozen games I had revised my original forecast down to 38 points and until quite recently that seemed not far off the mark. Unless there is unexpected success against the big boys then the future is looking quite dark.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]WLLLD[/quote]

^^^^^^This would just fine [Y]

Personally my predictions for the "last" five games are a 1-1 draw with Stoke, 4-2 defeat at Southampton, a 2-0 victory against Sunderland, a 3-0 defeat to Swansea and then a 1-0 home defeat to WBA.However if you wanted my predictions for the next five games that may prove that bit harder.

WLLLLBut we will stay up as Fulham would have to win 3 out of their 4 games left. (bearing in mind the goal difference, as long as we dont take 3 hammerings)Fulham have Tottenham (A), Hull (H), Stoke (A), Crystal Palace (H) - Three wins possible but unlikelyCardiff the same but minus a point so that would take a miracleSunderland''s next 3 games make''s ours look easy.This is without thinking about the other teams too. e.g. wba, swansea

If this dead cat bounce exists then we''ll win at Fulham. But I can''t imagine dead cats bounce very high and once they land again that''ll be it. So it will be WLLLL.

But then again cats have nine lives so dead cats may have more than one bounce...

Think we might get something at home to Arsenal if their battle for 4th place has been wrapped up. But the preceeding 4 games have comfortable defeats written all over them. I''m afraid the damage to the player''s belief, particularly on the road, by Hughton and his coaching staff has been done. Adams is going to have to pull off a minor miracle to keep us up now in my opinion.

Even more than usual it seems impossible to predict these five games. As some people argue, getting rid of Hughton and his negativity could galvanise the players and we might get a couple of wins. As other people argue, the damage to confidence might have already been done and we lose all five. In short, God only knows.

I predict a draw on Saturday then nervousness and looking over our shoulder for the rest of the games, culminating in an unlikely win against a big team who are on the beach.Then the same next season.

I predict a win, the least we as fans can do is give Neil some positive vibes.

What does the same next season mean?

Pretty hopeless, really. (WBA were there for the taking, but we didn''t.)

For the rest -,D,L,L,D. Sorry can''t see better, unless Adams works a miracle. The last four games were always going to be very difficult, and our players are suffering from shell shock.