Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Time for Turner?

We all know what Fulham have, a strong midfield but not much up front. Perhaps having Turner there with no real pace to deal with could be the answer. He''ll win pretty much everything in the air. Him and Yobo could be just what we need.

I couldn''t agree more Jimmy. At least he will put his body on the line in attempting to block goalbound shots, unlike Bassong who flicks out a limp leg in his attempts, as per Saturday.

Turner you know will give 100% commitment for the duration of the game and I think him and yobo could be the preferred partnership for the rest of the season.

I agree. I was going to say put Bassong back in for Liverpool, but what''s the point! I say we keep Turner and Yobo in against liverpool, and park the bus! Leave Redmond Murphy/Pilks and Hooper upfield, and hit em on the counter.

Not so sure with Turner. Think he has to be 100% match fit for him to perform well. He had a shocker against Fulham on his first appearance for us.

Neil Adams will obviously have a much better view on whether Turner is ready etc
but for me Yes I would like to see him and Yobo starting.

[quote user="vlad666"]Not so sure with Turner. Think he has to be 100% match fit for him to perform well. He had a shocker against Fulham on his first appearance for us.[/quote]*on his first appearance for us*I don''t think you can compare this weeks game to his first. How many players are ''outstanding'' on their first game for their new club?!

[quote user="You absolute beauty"][quote user="vlad666"]Not so sure with Turner. Think he has to be 100% match fit for him to perform well. He had a shocker against Fulham on his first appearance for us.[/quote]

*on his first appearance for us*

I don''t think you can compare this weeks game to his first. How many players are ''outstanding'' on their first game for their new club?!
[/quote]

I think the point he''s making is that Turner probably didn''t go into that game fully fit and sharp and so wasn''t at his best. Which could be the case now after a long injury lay off.

I''d like to see Turner back as I think he defends better than Yobo but it could be a risk if he''s not up to speed.

I think whatever condition he is in turner will do a better job than bassong. He is awful atm and yobo is spending find trying to cover him.

Turner and yobo