Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Sacking Hughton was the only option (blog)

[quote user="Brienne"]It would have meant that we would have avoided the "desperate knee jerk reaction" as Morty calls it. Or do you think Norwich would sack two managers in one season?[/quote]
To me it doesn''t matter when you sack a manager, it is always a desperate situation, frankly I''d rather support a club that only sacks it''s managers as a last resort. I think we have made the right decision to wait, as sad as it is that it has come to this, the action pulls everyone together, there will be very few people at the club, fans and staff alike, that have little doubt that it was the right decision.

Good blog by the OP.  For me, having supported Hughton, the concern has been that away from home we''ve gone from some games when we played well but were unfortunate to lose, like West Ham, to poor performances where we didn''t really turn up, Swansea being the obvious example - you''d never believe they were below us before that game.  When that infected our home form on Saturday, I came to the conclusion it was unfortunately necessary to sack Hughton otherwise we''d probably sleepwalker to relegation.

For anyone to say they don''t care what the national media say about us is silly really... by posting on a thread about it you demonstrate that it matters to you. 

I disagree with much of what is said in the nationals about my team, but I still care what they say.  I just wish they were better informed about us.

For anyone to say they don''t care what the national media say about us

is silly really
err, nofor the very reasons you state I just wish they were better informed about us.

I ''care'' about the OP and pointed out why I disagreed with it. I don''t care what the binners think of us either. Stating that standpoint doesn''t them mean I do care.

Ginja wrote the following post at 08/04/2014 3:24 PM:

Brienne wrote:

It would have meant that we would have avoided the "desperate knee jerk reaction" as Morty calls it. Or do you think Norwich would sack two managers in one season?

To me it doesn''t matter when you sack a manager, it is always a desperate situation, frankly I''d rather support a club that only sacks it''s managers as a last resort. I think we have made the right decision to wait, as sad as it is that it has come to this, the action pulls everyone together, there will be very few people at the club, fans and staff alike, that have little doubt that it was the right decision.

Of course it was the right decision, the point is it should have been made earlier, if its right now it would have been even RIGHTER earlier in the season.

a bit like when you get a new character on coronation street i took a while to warm to DB and his  blogs ,but now i read them every week as soon as i notice them on the board and they''re always worth a look and often very funny [:D]

So Brienne, did you predict we''d lose on Saturday or not?

Its okay to admit you were wrong.

[:)]

[quote user="Brienne"]Of course it was the right decision, the point is it should have been made earlier, if its right now it would have been even RIGHTER earlier in the season.[/quote]
That is truly some god awful logic right there...

We can never know if there have been a right time (it''s a bit like the ''frog in boiling water'' scenario, you don''t know till it''s too late) but you could say that last weekend was maybe the ''least wrong'' time.

The board did a good thing in principle by sticking with CH, giving him the chance to get points on the board and vindicate his approach. Likewise in practice they did a good thing by twisting, when his risky (but ironically fear-based) ''last-resort win at home'' formula failed.