Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Open day

I was at the open day today with my two kids (I''m not sure if we''re plastics - I confess we have missed a home game owing to an inconvenient hospitalisation, and only made a couple of aways this season). Hard to pick up anything much of the mood in the camp, as it''s a busy and chaotic affair, although there was a great air of optimism, and many exhortations to have "Good luck on Saturday!".

All of the squad was present as far as I can recall and, I might add, all were going the extra mile for the fans, showing consummate professionalism and patience under what must have been (even more than usual) quite trying circumstances. Some on here might be surprised to learn that Wes, in particular, put in a lot of extra time he didn''t have to, providing chat, autographs and photos for the young ''plastics'' and didn''t leave until the last one was happy.

I''d like to express my thanks to them all for a great day out. And, of course: "Good luck on Saturday!"

That''s great to hear that they had time for so many ''plastics'', did they ask how many games you had attended before working out how much time to allow for each family member?… It''s clearly a concern for some on here, so hope the players are taking note of these things.

Good post by the way, was interested in the general mood up there today too so thanks.

Can''t stand these "family fun day" type events. If you must have one, why not make the kids line up according to the number of ticket stubs they''ve got. It would seem a reasonably empirical measure of whether they are real fans or not.

Back in the day group activities such as chucking half bricks through the windows of the Drum and Monkey were so much more fun.

why have it on a bloody work day?!?!?!

I used to go to the fans forums.. went to the one where Gunn was appointed and Doomcaster and Munby looked really sheepish.. Lee Croft fell asleep... and still showed more life than he did on the pitch!

[quote user="Rev. Clarence Gentlefinger"]Can''t stand these "family fun day" type events. If you must have one, why not make the kids line up according to the number of ticket stubs they''ve got.[/quote]
Or they could be cut, if they don''t bleed yellow and green they should be taken to the waveney and thrown in as witches?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The PUPs were represented[:)][&][/quote]

Who went Nutty?