Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Chris Hughtons Statement

What a refreshing statement from Chris H and how different to the one from Lambert, no bitterness, just disappointment.

I still think the board made the correct decision and his time was up.

Good luck to him in the future .

Characteristically dignified statement, exactly what you''d expect from him. Best of luck to him in the future, I think he''ll continue to be a decent manager at Championship level.

[Y] I''m sure everything will work out for him in the end, good luck in the future Chris and sorry it didn''t work out here.

a shame it didnt work out for him.. he is really well respected in the game, admired and looked up to..

just wasn''t meant to be. I wouldn''t be suprised to see him in the Premiership again one day and wish him all the very best

Top man. Very pleasing to hear him produce such a diginified statemtent praising the club. I think his tenure was a case of a mamager trying his hardest without quite ever finding the right formula.

He did however manage some brilliant performances along the way which sadly occured only sporadically when looking over his whole reign.

Best of luck for the future Chris.

Why would Hughton and Lamberts statements be similar anyway? One was sacked and the other left of his own volition.....Absolutely no need to compare the situation to Lambert whatsoever..... [8-)]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Why would Hughton and Lamberts statements be similar anyway? One was sacked and the other left of his own volition.....

Absolutely no need to compare the situation to Lambert whatsoever..... [8-)]
[/quote]

and yet the one sacked speaks highly of us and the one who left off his own back????

Dignified and eloquent to the end, maybe some on this board could take a leaf out of this man''s book!

Unfortunately It didn''t work out for him here but I''m sure our path will cross once again in the future.

I for one wish every success in the future.

Lots of regrets Chris from you and all of us. Sorry mate unless you change the playing style you insist on playing and get yourself some accomplished assistance I fear for your future prospects.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Why would Hughton and Lamberts statements be similar anyway? One was sacked and the other left of his own volition.....Absolutely no need to compare the situation to Lambert whatsoever..... [8-)][/quote]

and yet the one sacked speaks highly of us and the one who left off his own back????

[/quote]Probably because he knew he deserved it.....

What a shame that Hughton and the board couldn''t have seen the writing on the wall and had a mutually agreed parting of the ways instead of a sacking. Neither board nor Hughton have emerged with any credit, the club has attracted needless bad publicity from the media etc and Hughton appears "Clueless".

[quote user="Brienne"]Still no reaction, is he related to Steve Davies?[/quote]

Has always shown, and continues to show, considerably more class than you.

Brienne wrote:

Still no reaction, is he related to Steve Davies?

Well if you wanted someone with class my boy you certainly got one, for me the top of the person spec for a football manager is success.

[quote user="Brienne"]Brienne wrote:

Still no reaction, is he related to Steve Davies?

Well if you wanted someone with class my boy you certainly got one, for me the top of the person spec for a football manager is success.[/quote]

Ah yes.  Steve Davies.   One of the funniest characters on the snooker circuit.  His professional presentation was nothing like what he was like away from the snooker table.  I suspect you would find Hughton similarly "interesting" away from football.   Successful manager?   Successful at Newcastle and Birmingham and at Norwich, for one season.  The football world will see the decsion to sack him as rash (although us Norwich fans know the reasons why he was sacked) and he will have no trouble getting another job.  Imo, his progress was hampered here a little by the budget he had - large by our standards, but to play in the way he wanted us to play (no, not dull boring) he needed to get better quality players in across the board.   He actually may be better suited to a larger club who can get him top quality players, who are technically better able to manage his system.   We know it works, it just didn''t happen often enough at Norwich.Good luck to him.

He hasnt been sacked because he is succesfull!

It doesnt matter which club he goes to, if he cant motivate the players he will fail.

Dispite all the media tears, I await with interest to see how quickly he gets snapped up.

It wont be by a prem team thats for sure.

LDC popped out this afternoon to get a copy of that statement framed for his lounge wall.

Credit to Hughton for the general way he conducts himself. He continues to be a gentleman.

When it comes to his managing and coaching ability he is deluded though.

I hope he proves me wrong at the club he manages next. As long as it''s not Ipswich.

Thanks to hughton for what he did.

A philosophy of setting up not to lose as instead of to win was and will always be his downfall but I thank him for keeping us in the division last year and nearly doing it this year. I genuinely think he would have ground out another result to keep us up but the atmosphere wasn''t great towards the back half of the season. Signed some quality footballers, and although some have not quite hit it off yet and I hope they do over time with some more playing freedom!

Hard to see him sacked as he''s such a gent but ultimately I think the right decision was made.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Why would Hughton and Lamberts statements be similar anyway? One was sacked and the other left of his own volition.....Absolutely no need to compare the situation to Lambert whatsoever..... [8-)][/quote]

[/quote]
The one sacked got his payoff cheque. The one that left off his own back b1tched that he was owed money.

[quote user="Brienne"]He hasnt been sacked because he is succesfull!

It doesnt matter which club he goes to, if he cant motivate the players he will fail.

Dispite all the media tears, I await with interest to see how quickly he gets snapped up.

It wont be by a prem team thats for sure.[/quote]You''re probably right......When QPR sacked Mark Hughes there wasn''t any other premiership clubs willing to appoint him!!!