Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

From League Managers Site

Chris Hughton speaks for the first time since losing his job at Norwich and says he is "very disappointed" to have been sacked. The 55-year-old, in a statement published on the League Managers Association website, adds that he was confident the club would have survived in the Premier League under his management.

"I understand the recent frustrations, but I remained totally confident that we were on course to create history at the club by retaining our top-flight status and move into a fourth consecutive season in the Premier League," adds Hughton. "Collectively we were ready for the challenge that the final five games presented and we believed we would reward the club and the supporters by achieving that objective."

Norwich sacked Hughton on Sunday and replaced him with youth coach Neil Adams, with the club five points above the relegation zone with five games remaining.

If Hootin believed he''d keep us up then he was deluded.[:@]

Well I''m not sure how confident he was as he had lost the last 6 away games and that would leave him needing to beat Liverpool or Arsenal at home to pick up the points! Or does he think that even with a Fulham loss we could survive?

I know he was a nice guy and all but I think he''s being very optimistic and for the firt time positive about our club! A bit too late after the performances of Swansea and WBA, I have to differ to his view and say that I don''t think you would have kept us up Mr Hughton.

I do respsect and like him though and wish him thebest of luck with his next appointment.

Comment from LMA Hughton a top English Manager. Er wasn''t he Irish. Or do they recognise that it was all a sham and continues to be so.

[quote user="Indy"]

Well I''m not sure how confident he was as he had lost the last 6 away games and that would leave him needing to beat Liverpool or Arsenal at home to pick up the points! Or does he think that even with a Fulham loss we could survive?

I know he was a nice guy and all but I think he''s being very optimistic and for the firt time positive about our club! A bit too late after the performances of Swansea and WBA, I have to differ to his view and say that I don''t think you would have kept us up Mr Hughton.

I do respsect and like him though and wish him thebest of luck with his next appointment.

[/quote]

Whereas I Indy, much to my shame don''t.

Again more disrespect towards our great club. He should have kept this mouth shut collected the compensation and moved on.

Thank God he has gone. Bring on the Messiah

The thought of having another season with him in the premiership is the very reason i wanted him out.

Don''t think he''ll grasp that concept, though, it''s like telling someone they really should go away on holiday… for their own good.

Lovely guy of course! …and Calderwood, lovely men together!

[quote user="pete"]Comment from LMA Hughton a top English Manager. Er wasn''t he Irish. Or do they recognise that it was all a sham and continues to be so.[/quote]He was born in Stratford, London so he could be. Maybe he was also eligible to play for Ireland & choose thus to do.

What is it with all this respect and he is a nice guy etc etc.How do you all know he is a nice guy? I never met him, he came across as boring and dull everytime I heard him speak. and I for one am glad he has gone.I dont have any respect for him

Sounds like Gunn during the televised Leeds away game that he was a pundit for during our League One Season, where he said he firmly believed he''d have us similarly poised in the play-off places like his successor at that time, had he not been sacked... Thankfully it was all part of a road to success that even Gunn himself could not possibly suggest he was capable of mirroring with any degree of sanity or sincerity.Hopefully that proves to be the case once again.

It''s always telling about a Manager''s ability, when they get their next job (s). Now, please remind me, where Roeder and Gunn have managed since they left here.

Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth, and quite frankly c-rap being spouted...

Former Republic of Ireland boss Brian Kerr, who had Hughton as his international assistant, described the Norwich board’s decision as “absolute panic”.

“The thing is they probably only need a maximum of four points although if they don’t get them on Saturday [against Fulham] then they really are in trouble, and you’ve got a guy in place who doesn’t have any experience of managing against those teams or knows the teams the way Chris and his staff would. I know Chris and his energy and I know Colin Calderwood a bit as well and they would have been putting in massive hours. So I do think this is crazy stuff.”

Rarely do you get to read such bollox.

The LMA are paid to represent their members, by their members.

Hughton wouldn''t exactly have been presented with a cheque at the point of dismissal, he will want to get his pay off sorted before taking another job.

I''d hope that we will settle with him at the end of the season so he can just got and get another job, served two of his three years - could have been a much worse situation.

Of course he would put a statement like this out, because:

a) He is in the market for a job

and

b) Wants his compo.

He isn''t going to put out a statement saying "fair play, I underperformed, I deserved the sack".