Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

"Adams is like Gunn"

And similar such comments.

Firstly, no he bloody isn''t, Adams is one of the brightest young coaches around. Whether he is management material is still up for debate, because Peter Grant was one of the brightest young coaches around when we gave him his first job.

Bryan Gunn had been fannying around as commercial manager drinking pims with sponsors for a decade or more.

Secondly, I don''t care if he is like Gunn, Delia has said that Neil''s target is three points. Gunn won his first game. If Neil does nothing other than beat Fulham then he has drastically improved our chances, so if he wants to do a Gunn then fine, the mistake can only come in the summer when we are given a clear choice between keeping Adams or appointing somebody high profile.

A win against Fulham, or a draw at Fulham and another point or two before the end of the season, and Adams has improved our chances.

Gunn won his first game yes, but who was it against? And it was no way near as important as Saturday

The comparisons are certainly unfair on Adams, he has been coaching for a decent amount of time and seems like a good guy, whereas Gunn... well if he wasn''t a Norwich legend, I can''t say I''d be overly keen.

However it''s still a huge gamble to go with someone so inexperienced and I hope it doesn''t come crashing down on us.

Why worry?

Hughton has gone, Gunn went years ago, and comparisons should not yet be made. That is now history.

Give the bloke a chance, he might just surprise you!

I would say Adams is like Gunn in the sense that it is a huge gamble, no first team managerial experience, and someone who has played for us (so fits into the similar fashion of Delia''s "Dream Team" when we appointed Gunn, Crook, Deehan and Butterworth) I doubt he''d be at the club if he had never played for us.

However, at least he has some experience and on the back of a brilliant cup win last year with the youth team. Which is the key point, I would imagine managing youth players is a major contrast to managing a group of underperforming, under pressure first team players. Whether he can handle that remains to be seen.

I still can''t help but feel like I did when Gunn was appointed though. I remember at the time being majorly disappointed and underwhelmed. It feels the same this time. The only thing that could make it worse is if we go down and then get a press conference saying "The manager for next year is Neil Adams" as happened with the Bryan Gunn permanent appointment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8037372.stm

Still gives me nightmares...

Gunn was Mr. Hospitality and Corporate Cheeseboard. The only comparison between Gunn and Adams is that they are both ex players.

[quote user="SYG"]Gunn won his first game yes, but who was it against? [/quote]It was against Barnsley, who at the time were relegation rivals in the league at the time. It''s a good example.Adams job is to beat Fulham. It''s a tough job, considering we only won 4 away games in the league under Hughton. I hope he can do it, and the new manager bounce - be it a myth or not - can''t do any harm.

[quote user="basil brush"]Gunn was Mr. Hospitality and Corporate Cheeseboard. The only comparison between Gunn and Adams is that they are both ex players.[/quote]

Boom Boom !  [:D]