Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

What do we know about the lieutenants?

I have to say that I was shocked by the appointment of Neil Adams. Not because I think he could not become a Premiership manager but because I feel he or anybody else need involvement at that sort of level before diving in. Certainly his U18 experience gives a basis for progressing to the higher level of football but as an assistant or coach, not the big job. Preparing a team for a Premiership game and preparing youngsters for an U18 match bear no comparison.

Which leads me to ask what experience Messrs. Robson and Nevin have of football at this level. Is it that the only experience we will have in the dug-out will be the goalkeeping coach?

It''s little wonder McNally is trying to rally support behind NA today because it is his hopeless handling of things in the past year which have put us where we are. He was happy to take the plaudits when the Lambert appointment went as well as it did but he will not answer questions on his own future if things can''t be turned round.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. A step to far.

It is 5 games.Really it is pretty much a one game season for Adams and enthusiasm will get him a long way for a couple of weeks. If he were appointed in January/February inexperience could be a big problem but not now. He is a football man with good knowledge and experience of professional football and the club, that is what is needed for a short term bounce which is all we are playing for right now.

danielsroundabout wrote

t''s little wonder McNally is trying to rally support behind NA today because it is his hopeless handling of things in the past year which have put us where we are. He was happy to take the plaudits when the Lambert appointment went as well as it did but he will not answer questions on his own future if things can''t be turned round.

Purely my opinion but I think the dynamic within the board has changed since we gained promotion. Bowkett was fully backed by the creditors to do whatever to ensure the club was run efficiently. McNally therefore was a powerful man during that time. Once we were promoted the creditors walked away happily and the balance of power swung away from McNally. All this was aggravated by Bowkett being away from the club for long periods this season as well.

Many have commented on the silence of the CEO this season and his apparent change of attitude and this may be the main reason for it. I hope he is happy in his job and doesn''t walk away in frustration.

Meanwhile, off to Fulham - let''s get these points for safety

I am beginning to wonder what some people were expecting points wise from our last five games had the previous manager remained. Dreamers could have continued to dream but I like to call myself a realist and based on what I had seen the results and performances especially away from home this season meant outlook was very  bleak.

I now go to Craven Cottage not with expectancy but hope and belief that we will see a better performance. Adams will mastermind that I am sure and in all honesty I know nothing of Robson or Nevin but then again the previous two assistants hardly had glowing CV''s did they ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I am beginning to wonder what some people were expecting points wise from our last five games had the previous manager remained. Dreamers could have continued to dream but I like to call myself a realist and based on what I had seen the results and performances especially away from home this season meant outlook was very  bleak.

I now go to Craven Cottage not with expectancy but hope and belief that we will see a better performance. Adams will mastermind that I am sure and in all honesty I know nothing of Robson or Nevin but then again the previous two assistants hardly had glowing CV''s did they ?

[/quote]

Never agreed with a policeman before [;)], but this is exactly how I feel. Not expecting to win at Fulham, but conversely not absolutely certain that we are going to lose, as I would have been under CH.

I think that the OP has missed the fact that under CH our awy record has been absolutely woeful, had he still been in charge for the Fulham game I would suggest the probability of defeat would have been extremely high. I really do not believe that Neil Adams can do any worse than Chris Hughton for the last five games, we may even get something at Fulham.......

ricky martin who runs our academy coulnt get in the wroxham let alone professional ! my point being you don''t have to be a big name to be a good coach / manager neil adams job is to talk and motivate a bunch of players who have not been allowed to express their talent which got them to here in the first place !

Robson is an excellent coach and has plenty of admirers in the professional game

I know nothing of nevin

Profile on Nevin here: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140409-paul-nevin-norwich-city-profile-1478759.aspx

Posted this on another thread, but sounds like he''s had a diverse footballing education. His main role is to oversee the implementation of the "Norwich Way" through the youth teams. The Norwich Way is loosely defined as passing football throughout the team with incisive attacking- so not just possession for possession''s sake. Sounds ideal for the role he''s been fulfilling in the academy, whether he works well with the first team remains to be seen.

Let''s hope the new coaching trio arrive in post with plenty of ''beginners luck''; whereby they just get on with it without realising how difficult it''s supposed to be!