Sign in to follow this  
Rev. Clarence Gentlefinger

Plastic Finder General

Saturday''s game is vital. The travelling support will need a strong constitution. There have been some ''fans'' on here whining about their hearts being broken blah, blah, blah. These are precisely the sort of lilly-livered plastics who should not be going. They should stay at home and write poetry or something. Damp-eyed pansies should steer well clear of Craven Cottage.

I can see some may find it difficult to know whether they are up to the job or not. Accordingly, I have appointed myself as the Plastic Finder General. You can contact me in complete confidentiality via this message board and I will decide whether or not you are a plastic. You can, of course, contact me on behalf of a "friend" or someone you may suspect of being a plastic.

If you are deemed to be a plastic you will, of course, be required to return your Fulham ticket to the box office for reallocation to ''real fans''.

[quote user="Rev. Clarence Gentlefinger"]Saturday''s game is vital. The travelling support will need a strong constitution. There have been some ''fans'' on here whining about their hearts being broken blah, blah, blah. These are precisely the sort of lilly-livered plastics who should not be going. They should stay at home and write poetry or something. Damp-eyed pansies should steer well clear of Craven Cottage.

I can see some may find it difficult to know whether they are up to the job or not. Accordingly, I have appointed myself as the Plastic Finder General. You can contact me in complete confidentiality via this message board and I will decide whether or not you are a plastic. You can, of course, contact me on behalf of a "friend" or someone you may suspect of being a plastic.

If you are deemed to be a plastic you will, of course, be required to return your Fulham ticket to the box office for reallocation to ''real fans''.[/quote]

Perhaps our troll friend could take note, that if you are going, shouting out "you don''t know what you''re doing"  is not a helpful chant to encourage a football team, when they are up against it.  Real fans get behind the team ALL the time, regardless of what they think of the manager.  So if we go down a goal or even two on Saturday, what are you going to do?   You  seem to think only hard core fans should go.  Well whoever does go needs to give everything to help the team, that is for sure. They have no Hughton to blame this time - and they have to stay positive however tough it gets - and hopefully we can come away with something.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rev. Clarence Gentlefinger"]Saturday''s game is vital. The travelling support will need a strong constitution. There have been some ''fans'' on here whining about their hearts being broken blah, blah, blah. These are precisely the sort of lilly-livered plastics who should not be going. They should stay at home and write poetry or something. Damp-eyed pansies should steer well clear of Craven Cottage. I can see some may find it difficult to know whether they are up to the job or not. Accordingly, I have appointed myself as the Plastic Finder General. You can contact me in complete confidentiality via this message board and I will decide whether or not you are a plastic. You can, of course, contact me on behalf of a "friend" or someone you may suspect of being a plastic. If you are deemed to be a plastic you will, of course, be required to return your Fulham ticket to the box office for reallocation to ''real fans''.[/quote]

Perhaps our troll friend could take note, that if you are going, shouting out "you don''t know what you''re doing"  is not a helpful chant to encourage a football team, when they are up against it.  Real fans get behind the team ALL the time, regardless of what they think of the manager.  So if we go down a goal or even two on Saturday, what are you going to do?   You  seem to think only hard core fans should go.  Well whoever does go needs to give everything to help the team, that is for sure. They have no Hughton to blame this time - and they have to stay positive however tough it gets - and hopefully we can come away with something.

[/quote]

Jesus LDC, it''s not like Hughton got it wrong just the once! Given we have only picked up 8 points away from home, it''s little wonder and understandable that the fans did chant "you don''t know what your doing"

The fact is Hughton Mr Nice Guy fell on his sword and it was the board who sacked him, not the fans!

Back to the topic, I have to hope that with a positive manager the players will be free to play amd the fans will feed off them, giving an all round circle of support and perfromance!!!! OTBC.

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rev. Clarence Gentlefinger"]Saturday''s game is vital. The travelling support will need a strong constitution. There have been some ''fans'' on here whining about their hearts being broken blah, blah, blah. These are precisely the sort of lilly-livered plastics who should not be going. They should stay at home and write poetry or something. Damp-eyed pansies should steer well clear of Craven Cottage. I can see some may find it difficult to know whether they are up to the job or not. Accordingly, I have appointed myself as the Plastic Finder General. You can contact me in complete confidentiality via this message board and I will decide whether or not you are a plastic. You can, of course, contact me on behalf of a "friend" or someone you may suspect of being a plastic. If you are deemed to be a plastic you will, of course, be required to return your Fulham ticket to the box office for reallocation to ''real fans''.[/quote]

Perhaps our troll friend could take note, that if you are going, shouting out "you don''t know what you''re doing"  is not a helpful chant to encourage a football team, when they are up against it.  Real fans get behind the team ALL the time, regardless of what they think of the manager.  So if we go down a goal or even two on Saturday, what are you going to do?   You  seem to think only hard core fans should go.  Well whoever does go needs to give everything to help the team, that is for sure. They have no Hughton to blame this time - and they have to stay positive however tough it gets - and hopefully we can come away with something.[/quote]

Jesus LDC, it''s not like Hughton got it wrong just the once! Given we have only picked up 8 points away from home, it''s little wonder and understandable that the fans did chant "you don''t know what your doing"The fact is Hughton Mr Nice Guy fell on his sword and it was the board who sacked him, not the fans!  Back to the topic, I have to hope that with a positive manager the players will be free to play amd the fans will feed off them, giving an all round circle of support and perfromance!!!! OTBC.

[/quote]Its ok Indy, the troll who started the thread was having a little dig, I''m just having a little dig back.  All fans wherever they live, are entitled to go and give their support, not just small minded "little Norwich" fans.

Totally agree with every City fan entitled to their view and support matey and agree with your sentiment regarding negative chanting, but after 16 away games where the poor City faithful have had to endure 12 defeats and mostly players so scared in case they make a mistake they get a hiding!

I think we will now get our fottball back and most important our Identity!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Lakey does have a point though Indy because IMO support shouldn''t be conditional.

[/quote]

In a perfect supporting world that may be the case Nutty, but in reality supporters are here for the long haul and when a manger is not living up to the expectations then they will vent their frustrations, it''s just the way of the fan!

Though I don''t get it, I can understand it.

[quote user="Indy"]I think we will now get our fottball back and most important our Identity![/quote]But what if we don''t Indy?If we get tonked on Saturday it will be the players fault and McNally and the board, Adams will be immune but the fans will need to blame somebodyBut if he loses all five games and we''re relegated, he''ll be pilloried just as Gunn was. Would anyone want him to be given the job long term then?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Lakey does have a point though Indy because IMO support shouldn''t be conditional.

[/quote]Well, I''m sorry, nigel, but my support IS conditional. It entirely depends on the quality of the food and drink served in the Carrow Road boardroom. And, sad to say, I have had to have words with Delia about this during the course of the season. There were all sorts of excuses about changing suppliers. We needed to give the new lot of waiters and waitresses time to bed in. The head chef had to be allowed to experiment with different menus etc etc etc. "Porridge is the new taramasalata" was one mantra I got fobbed off with. And I am not even going to mention the "innovation" of non-alcoholic wine...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]I think we will now get our fottball back and most important our Identity![/quote]

But what if we don''t Indy?

If we get tonked on Saturday it will be the players fault and McNally and the board, Adams will be immune but the fans will need to blame somebody

But if he loses all five games and we''re relegated, he''ll be pilloried just as Gunn was. Would anyone want him to be given the job long term then?
[/quote]

Then each to their own, all in the hands of the gods, the result will be there for the team who wnats it most! If the players and manager lose all 5, the die was cast long before the last 5 games!

Fans might be down on a player, not rate a player or manager but at the end of the day they pay their money and have that right! if it''s wrong to us that''s our issue not theirs, call them fibckle or plastic but who are we to preach that support should be unconditional?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Well, I''m sorry, nigel, but my support IS conditional. It entirely depends on the quality of the food and drink served in the Carrow Road boardroom. And, sad to say, I have had to have words with Delia about this during the course of the season. There were all sorts of excuses about changing suppliers. We needed to give the new lot of waiters and waitresses time to bed in. The head chef had to be allowed to experiment with different menus etc etc etc. "Porridge is the new taramasalata" was one mantra I got fobbed off with. And I am not even going to mention the "innovation" of non-alcoholic wine...[/quote]

Agreed this is a problem for you toffs Purple.[D] But only a problem you face as a consumer. Once that whistle goes I''m sure your support is as unconditional as mine[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Well, I''m sorry, nigel, but my support IS conditional. It entirely depends on the quality of the food and drink served in the Carrow Road boardroom. And, sad to say, I have had to have words with Delia about this during the course of the season. There were all sorts of excuses about changing suppliers. We needed to give the new lot of waiters and waitresses time to bed in. The head chef had to be allowed to experiment with different menus etc etc etc. "Porridge is the new taramasalata" was one mantra I got fobbed off with. And I am not even going to mention the "innovation" of non-alcoholic wine...[/quote]

Agreed this is a problem for you toffs Purple.[D] But only a problem you face as a consumer. Once that whistle goes I''m sure your support is as unconditional as mine[;)]

[/quote]Well, nutty, I didn''t join (you?) in that standing ovation RvW got for playing badly against Spurs, so I''m not so sure that''s true...[:D]

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]I think we will now get our fottball back and most important our Identity![/quote]But what if we don''t Indy?If we get tonked on Saturday it will be the players fault and McNally and the board, Adams will be immune but the fans will need to blame somebodyBut if he loses all five games and we''re relegated, he''ll be pilloried just as Gunn was. Would anyone want him to be given the job long term then?[/quote]

Then each to their own, all in the hands of the gods, the result will be there for the team who wnats it most! If the players and manager lose all 5, the die was cast long before the last 5 games!

Fans might be down on a player, not rate a player or manager but at the end of the day they pay their money and have that right! if it''s wrong to us that''s our issue not theirs, call them fibckle or plastic but who are we to preach that support should be unconditional?

[/quote]

I don''t think we can preach to anyone Indy. We all have different opinions. We strongly believe in different players but come kick off we support the eleven in the shirt. We can go to the ground and not support the team when things go wrong, it''s a free country and id doesn''t make those who withdraw their support bad people. But a supporter by the very nature of what we claim to be implies that we support the team. If for some reason that stops then we stop being a supporter. Which means it''s conditional.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Well, nutty, I didn''t join (you?) in that standing ovation RvW got for playing badly against Spurs, so I''m not so sure that''s true...[:D][/quote]

I''m sure you would have done if it hadn''t meant you''d drop your prawn sandwich[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Well, nutty, I didn''t join (you?) in that standing ovation RvW got for playing badly against Spurs, so I''m not so sure that''s true...[:D][/quote]

I''m sure you would have done if it hadn''t meant you''d drop your prawn sandwich[;)]

[/quote]Lobster, nutty. It was an open lobster sandwich with a touch of tarragon-flavoured dressing...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Lobster, nutty. It was an open lobster sandwich with a touch of tarragon-flavoured dressing...[/quote]

I hope you had your napkin tucked under your chin[;)]

I feel I must interject. This new service is NOT a medium for geriatrics to carry on their rambling conversations. Neither is it a place for known plastics to tell real fans who will be attending how to behave.

Those who need to know whether or not they are plastics can communicate in confidence.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Lobster, nutty. It was an open lobster sandwich with a touch of tarragon-flavoured dressing...[/quote]

I hope you had your napkin tucked under your chin[;)]

[/quote]Well, yes. Otherwise it is pretty hard to juggle the plate with the tarragon-flavoured open lobster sandwich, a champagne flute, a copy of the Racing Post, a copy of the Wall Street Journal AND a programme while trying to throw one of those bl**dy clapper things in the direction of the manager''s dugout...

I totally agree Your Highness Your Highness.

Back to your ID service:-

I have some softish hair appearing in crevices of my body. Is this a fore runner of plastic forming or should I shave completely and apply for porno movies.

Hope to see you there with all the other Cottagers