Sign in to follow this  
yella fella

phantom fireworks

did anyone else notice the possible reason for the poor corners in the first half ?

everytime there was a norwich player near the newcastle fans, taking a free kick, corner, throw in, cross etc some toon fan did a very passable impression of the noise of a firework going off, which is why some of our set pieces had a poor delivery, as it was putting the taker off.

this stopped in the second half, apart from when green had to take a goal kick.

i have to admit i did notice this, but didnt really take much notice.

Prehaps he/she was arrested or something.

I didnt notice the fireworks but it doesnt explain the poor corners from the snake pit corner.  I just looked like being one of those days - until the 94 min that is

OTBC

I heard these on the sky coverage ( and Canariesworld), it was a bit distracting - they werent real fireworks? Someone with a loud firework mimicking penny flute? Marvellous mechanical mouth organ?

Yeah I heard this it sounded like a rocket going off every time the ball was pumped up field or passed any distance.  One thing that does strike me though is the poor quality of corners not just from Norwich but every other team if you watch.  The inability to lift the ball above the first defender is really frustrating especially when it is Norwich doing it.