Sign in to follow this  
Perky Canary

The return of the diamond

After a cheeky chat with the right people, I was given the provisional team that Adams wants to play. It will be a 4-4-2 diamond with one or two unexpected names in certain places.

Ruddy

Whittaker, Martin, Yobo, Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Howson

Hoolahan

Hooper Redmond

Josh Murphy is also a guaranteed man on the bench. He wanted to recall Loza as well but unfortunately it isn''t permitted in the contract. He also commented on Ricky, and said he is a quality player and at a club like Everton he is a 20 goal man striker, however we don''t have the quality of players as of yet to see the best of him.

I know a lot of you will think this is rubbish and me trying to get a bit of attention, but I can guarantee that the team will look a lot like this on Saturday, but it could change, this was his provisional squad on Monday. And yes, he does want to play Redmond upfront.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]If this is even remotely correct, I''ll donate my left testicle to medical research.
[/quote]

Boll*cks to that..

[quote user="Perky Canary "]the team will look a lot like this on Saturday, but it could change, this was his provisional squad on Monday. [/quote]First day in the job and he''s already decided on his line-up....although "it could change". Yeah, right. [:S]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]If this is even remotely correct, I''ll donate my left testicle to medical research.[/quote]

LOLs [:D]

[quote user="Perky Canary "]After a cheeky chat with the right people, I was given the provisional team that Adams wants to play. It will be a 4-4-2 diamond with one or two unexpected names in certain places.

Ruddy

Whittaker, Martin, Yobo, Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Howson

Hoolahan

Hooper Redmond

Josh Murphy is also a guaranteed man on the bench. He wanted to recall Loza as well but unfortunately it isn''t permitted in the contract. He also commented on Ricky, and said he is a quality player and at a club like Everton he is a 20 goal man striker, however we don''t have the quality of players as of yet to see the best of him.

I know a lot of you will think this is rubbish and me trying to get a bit of attention, but I can guarantee that the team will look a lot like this on Saturday, but it could change, this was his provisional squad on Monday. And yes, he does want to play Redmond upfront.[/quote]

It is an interesting idea.   I wondered if Martin might appear as a central defender, but thought maybe the form of Whittaker recently might prevent that. The diamond would obviously suit Hoolahan and with Tettey as main holding up midfield, Snodgrass a little tighter and Howson tighter on the left - with Redmond having a bit of freedom to explore the flanks and Hooper the focal point.   I like it.  

Every manager has to have provisional squad from the start of the week, but obviously it''s only a provisional one so can change. Chances are it wont change too much unless there''s training injuries.

As for Ricky, it''s true we need to be playing a different style to get more from him, mainly quality balls played in to the box from further up the field, at least level with the penalty area. Ricky should be recieving the ball in the box from there with pace.If you can cast your mind back real far to his one and only goal, this came from a mishit shot by Whittaker from the edge of the box and his header had to be quick and instinctive. This, imo, seems to be the way he prefers to operate.

But it''s a nonsense to suggest we don''t have the players who can give him that service. It''s the sort of service we gave Holt under Lambert using the full backs and it''s the sort of service the likes of Redmond and Pilkington and Snodgrass could easily provide if we played higher up the pitch and weren''t so pedestrian and predictable in our attacks. 

The idea of Redmond upfront is interesting, I think this could be the only thing that might change from the squad. But apparently he wants his strikers to create a chance for themselves just as much as he wants them to be scoring. That''s why at the moment he prefers Hooper over Ricky, Hooper has the edge about him to take a pop shot from 30 yards, where as Ricky prefers to link up and get in the box.

[quote user="Perky Canary "]He also commented on Ricky, and said he is a quality player and at a club like Everton he is a 20 goal man striker, however we don''t have the quality of players as of yet to see the best of him.[/quote]Just wanted to pick up on this point and say - what a load of garbage.RVW was the ONLY player in Sportings team to hit double figures in both seasons before joining us, they did NOT have a great midfield backing him up (Capel was the only genuinely good player in there), and yet despite the poorer quality of players they still managed to provide him with the relevant ammunition to score goals.The problem is NOT that we don''t have the quality of players needed to get the best out of him, it''s simply that he''s been asked to play an inappropriate role for his abilities, and the supporting players haven''t been asked to play the type of balls needed to get the best out of him.Fer, Snoddy, Wes and Howson are all perfectly capable of playing good through balls and balls across the area for him to finish, so to suggest otherwise is complete nonsense tbh.

Care to wager a £50 charity bet that I can get closer to starting line up Perky????

Here we go;

Ruddy

Martin                           Turner                  Bassong                 Olsson

Howson               Tettey

Redmond                                      Snodgrass                              Pilkington

Hooper

If you are so sure, no need to back down.......

Perky,

Me thinks you are on a winner, not saying it will be exactly as you said, but very close and if Canary Willo is brave enough to take us both on then I''m in.

Purely based on how Adams set up the youth team I would be somewhat surprised if we played such narrow formation. I can see that team being right but I suspect it would be more likely to be setup like this:

RuddyWhittaker       Martin        Yobo           Olsson                      Tettey         Howson     Snodgrass        Hoolahan         Redmond                              Hooper

I''m surprised there hasn''t been more people slamming me for posting this, I know it''s only my word, but all the info was from a very good source, I just hope nothing changes too much during the build up to the game because I''m going to look like a mug!

It wouldn''t surprise me at all if one of the youngsters is thrown in. Personally i think Carlton Morris could make a surprise appearance on the bench he is very talented that lad! Murphy and Redmond on either wing anybody?

People seem to forget that Jonas played very well on the left of a midfield diamond for Newcastle.Therefore the logical diamond midfield choice for Norwich would be would be:        WesJonas     Snodgrass       Tettey

[quote user="tom cavendish"]People seem to forget that Jonas played very well on the left of a midfield diamond for Newcastle.Therefore the logical diamond midfield choice for Norwich would be would be:        WesJonas     Snodgrass       Tettey

[/quote]

[Y]   That looks better. 

Interesting post. I do wonder though, if I had access to such priveleged information as to whether I would divulge it on the internet ahead of such a big game. Redmond up front is interesting, would work well against a team playing a high defensive line

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="tom cavendish"]People seem to forget that Jonas played very well on the left of a midfield diamond for Newcastle.Therefore the logical diamond midfield choice for Norwich would be would be:        WesJonas     Snodgrass       Tettey

[/quote]

[Y]   That looks better.  [/quote]Yes, we do actually have the right players to do that particularly when

you consider the full-backs also like to get forwards and both Hooper

& RvW like to have a strike partner.That is why I also suggest this:     Hooper   SnodgrassWes       Redmond  Jonas TetteyWhen attacking, Wes would move inside with Jonas & Ollson both able to cover the left.That

would be a very attacking approach but also make us defensively

stronger. It is a way of playing that would suit RvW too.

The problem I have with this line up is lack of physical presence.  It''s a relegation six pointer so it''s fair to assume things may get a little spicy.At the moment Elmander is the closest thing we have to a big striker who can hold the ball up and mix it with the opposition.So I''d prefer to see us start with him as target man (or at least have him on the bench in case).But an attacking formation with a diamond in midfield - bring it on!

Well.. if it is true then you''ve done the right thing in taking that private conversation and posting it online where it can be read by potentially thousands.

Well done! Our knowledge pre-match is more important than picking up points this weekend.

Redmond is hardly prolific - but I suppose nobody else is either.

Spot on Yorkshire we badly need some speedy finishers in the centre of our attack fed by less pedestrian wingers. All the best strikers and leading goal scorers in the league have speed as their major asset. It is goals that win games and that has been our greatest failing.