Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Sacking Houghton could relegate us......

Reckon I''d note we''ve just sacked a manager who beat Arsenal and Man

Utd at home last season, and got a draw with Man City and beat Spurs at

home this season.  Also a creditable effort against Chelsea until we got a bit over-excited.So given our last few games are against "top

sides", that may not have been all that wise to kick the poor sod out

and replace him with the kids team coach.If we go down, that''s got to be McNally''s head that rolls, agreed?

Spot on. Yes, sacking CH COULD have relagated us. We will soon find out but whatever we will never know for sure. Just opinions.

And I think the the OP is right.

So the club should of kept a failing manager?

CH was kept for far too long and was lucky to hold his position as long as he did.

There is no sane reason to have kept him - even Mick Dennis accepts he lost the argument, on they don''t come more blinkered than him! - at least on CH.

Reckon Houghton had a track record of comparative overachievement against the top sides (compared to Lambert, at least) so when you have your 4 last games against them big sides, gambling on a kid''s team manager is a very bold move.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Reckon Houghton had a track record of comparative overachievement against the top sides (compared to Lambert, at least) so when you have your 4 last games against them big sides, gambling on a kid''s team manager is a very bold move.[/quote]

Did u do arsenal away, man city away, spurs away etc etc

Hopeless hapless he didn''t have a clue

It could go both ways. The worst thing is that ''we''ll never know''. I think there would have been a more of a definitive answer after the fulham game

Lets base results on this season alone, our record vs top 7 this season:

Games played - 10

Points Won - 5

Well of course the problem is those 3 points we got for beating West Ham. They will be to blame in the final reckoning...

It is the defeats by the teams around us that may lead to our demise not the fact that we were half decent against top sides.

Bor Bor Bor is what our manager fed us with, are you related to him?

''lets base results on this season alone''

what does that mean? Are you saying that because we haven''t picked up many points against the big teams, we won''t get any points against them in the last 4 games?

Mrs miggins, no not at all, i was making the point that someone was saying how good Hughtons record against the top teams are, so i was just saying that this season his record isnt that great. I fancy us to win 1 of those last 4 under Adams.

I think if we avoid defeat saturday, carrow road will be rocking, i thinking appointing Adams will have a huge impact on support and atmosphere for these last 5. No clap banners needed.

Old Hapuselesston got 5 points from 10 games, so we can assume he''d have got 2 from the last 4 then.

That means Neyul is charged with just getting us a solitary win or three draws from those 4 games in order to better what could have been reasonably expected.

And we need to win Saturday of course....

While BBBor is at his humorous agitating best in the OP there is a risk that sacking CH could do just that - and if we go down with, say, 5 consecutive losses then we as fans will be arguing about the ramifications for seasons.   For me the right decisions were made.

However the decision has been made and where we play next season remains very much in our own hands - it is very much time to unite and for the alleged "inner plastics" and "faux leather outers" to stop the point scoring and hope for a barnstorming finale to the season.

If we go down the OP and Jug Lugs Lineker et al will rub their hands with glee as this would give them more excuses to dis our club. Hughton''s form alone says he would have taken us down and destroyed morale with it.

At least Adams gives us hope where there was none.