Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

If we lose to Fulham

Just out of interest, if we were to lose to Fulham on Saturday, what would the likely reaction be on here? Would there be an Adams, board, Hughton backlash. Would it be simple depression? Would it be a fight til the death reaction from fans or a resignation to relegation? Or would Adams be given some grace?  What are peoples thoughts?

Hopefully we''ll never know because we will wipe the floor with them

half the fans suffer with delusions of grandeur, vanity and been thoroughly spoilt.. they see us as being up there with man city..

if we don''t win they will turn their back on Adams immediately... hopefully the more right minded fans will see the bigger picture.

Utter despair and surrender on a truly French scale.

The "preparing for the championship" threads will start immediately.

There are plenty on here that revel in defeat and despair.

[quote user=mrs miggins]If we win it was the right choice If we lose it was the wrong choice[/quote

This kind of short sighted and narrow thinking is not helpful. I hope you are not one of the traveling supporters. 

If we win it was the right choice. If we lose it was the right choice.

I think the odds are still against us, but I feel they are more favourable than they were on Saturday evening.

Much depends on how we lose as well. I''d be surprised if we go down spinelessly as in the last few games.

If we lose and mass hysteria breaks out on here, I bet that awful LDC would come on here and say stop panicking, we still have four games left and it was always going to go down to the last game of the season, get used to it. 

Absolutely P & T.

Lose badly, & Adams could have the shortest Honeymoon in football history.

And, no, I don''t want him to fail, I really like him want him to succeed.

Up to the players now.

[quote user="Bagpuss"]There will be a whole lot less negativity on here than if hapless still presided over our affairs.[/quote]

Hussah. [Y]

YankeeCanary wrote the following post at 10/04/2014 1:33 PM:

[quote user=mrs miggins]If we win it was the right choice If we lose it was the wrong choice[/quote

This kind of short sighted and narrow thinking is not helpful. I hope you are not one of the traveling supporters.

--------------------------------------

I am, and i''ll be cheering as much as i can. Its not short sighted.

anyway, nice interview with Adams here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55XOEsRkUE

Personally I''m in this for the long run, and I think maybe a lot of our fans are, too. It took almost two seasons for things to deteriorate to the position we are in now; it will take longer than one game to put them right.Yes, if we lose, we are probably down. So the rebuilding has to start at a lower level. But if we win, we will probably stay up, and we''ve got out of jail and we start equal to about ten clubs again.If it was anyone else in the bottom half except Fulham, I''d be hopeful. Because it''s Fulham, I''m not.Long term, though, I feel sure it was the right decision. He had to go.

A big if we lose . it will not be Adams fault at all . hughton should have been long gone be4 xmas. if we have keeped him we would been beaten by 5 on sat . so get behind the lads otbc

[quote user="i hate 1p5wich"]A big if we lose . it will not be Adams fault at all . hughton should have been long gone be4 xmas. if we have keeped him we would been beaten by 5 on sat . so get behind the lads otbc[/quote]

So its hughtons fault if we lose against fulham....bl00dy hell. I can''t say i''m surprised i''m reading this, i''m sure most on here feel the same

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

half the fans suffer with delusions of grandeur, vanity and been thoroughly spoilt.. they see us as being up there with man city..

if we don''t win they will turn their back on Adams immediately... hopefully the more right minded fans will see the bigger picture.

[/quote]

Lol, have you read what you''ve just written? What complete and utter nonsense.

I don''t think we should be worried about this Fulham "hoodoo". They all come to an end sooner or later, this one will and I hope it is Saturday. 6-0 in 05, 5-0 in 12, why not third time lucky and 0-2 in 14?

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/04/2014 1:12 PM:

If we win it was the right choice

If we lose it was the wrong choice

Why? With 7 away defeats on the bounce I don''t think Hughton would have got anything

you don''t think hughton would have got anything JF? Maybe not, actually probably not, but we don''t know. On one hand, he always seemed to get the result when he needed it, on the other hand, our away form is poor. However none of that matters, what matters is making the best decision for the football club and to stay in the league. If we win, it doesn''t matter if Hughton would have won or not. If we lose, it does not matter if Hughton would have won or not. We don''t know how Hughton would have done, so we cannot make a case for or against him.

Yes we can, his away recored was crap and we would have definately lost again on Saturday under him. He would have changed nothing, thats why he was sacked!

I am going to start loads of threads calling for his head, spelling his name wrong and denigrating his previous achievements.

If we lose to Fulham, I wouldn''t be surprised if there''s some form of backlash against the board - for not sacking Hughton sooner rather than for sacking him!

I can''t see there being much of a backlash against Adams. Talk about being chucked in at the deep end. There might be a few "if he can''t get the lads motivated for that game, then he shouldn''t be manager next season" comments, but I doubt very much he''ll be manager next season anyway.

If we lose the fan reaction will all be driven by the manner of the defeat - a narrow 1-0 defeat with a positive game (or even one where we score away) will be met differently to any defeat (3-0 to 6-0) if the player aptitude is as demoralsing as last weeks effort.

Neither response will be good,  but a heavy defeat or heads dropping if we go behind will leave a caustic atmosphere.