Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

The Fulham angle

Pretend we are on the other side of the fence for a second. Fulham HAVE to beat us if they realistically are to stay up.

They are therefore in exactly the same position as us.

Despite the apparent doom, even a defeat for us would leave us 2 points clear of Fulham. Defeat for Fulham would leave them with an absolute mountain to climb.

Their crowd could easily turn if we can keep them quiet, but they will be just as nervous, and probably more so, than us.

I''m sure Fulham would probably rather still be our shoes.

On a slightly more negative thought, just look how crucial Parker''s winning goal in the 89th minute at Carrow Rd has proved - it could be the difference some May 11th, but nothing I guess can be done now.

[quote user="flecky76"]On a slightly more negative thought, just look how crucial Parker''s winning goal in the 89th minute at Carrow Rd has proved - it could be the difference some May 11th, but nothing I guess can be done now.[/quote]If we could turn back time. If we could find a way...

They might think a draw will do for now. Obviously it leaves them a lot to do, but they must think we''re cannon fodder atm and that we''ll lose our last four meaning they can still win two to get survival after a draw with us.

Obviously defeat is out of the question. I just wonder how gee''d up they can get their players.

We need to pepper their goal with plenty of on target shots and one thing i have not seen us do, have a guy react quickest for the rebounds. Stockdale isn''t the best keeper around and we should exploit that.

As long as we don''t show up and show them respect, we can really knock them off their game and once one flys in, they''ll be done for.

Villa had no Gabby or Benteke remember. Just old Holty who they couldn''t keep quiet anyway. Villa without them two would be down as far as i''m concerned.

I must admit, I''ve seen a few references to this being a repeat of our match in 2005 but I don''t think that''s the case whatsoever - last time around we had to win to ensure Premier League survival. I would suggest this time it''s the other way around and the pressure is very much on Fulham to come take the game to us, it''s them playing catch up, not us, and the longer the game stays at 0-0 then the more the pressure will be on Fulham to start throwing more people forward to get those 3 points - and we all know full well what can happen in that situation!. Although ideally we must win this, it''s worth baring in mind that they can''t really afford the draw as much as us in my mind so I feel with a bit of patience we will get decent opportunities as the game goes on - it''s crucial if we don''t score first half we at least keep it tight. I just hope no one in Mike Dean''s family is a Fulham supporter...

A draw would not be a disaster for either team, Fulham still have easier fixtures than us albeit they would have to get 6 points to our nil. I win for either side will probably decide the respective clubs fate though

If I was a Fulham fan I would be seething. "Why o why did they have to change their manager just when when Norwich seemed so beatable? Now they will go and have that managerial bounce at the crucial time. Typical!"

Thats what we would be saying isn''t it?

I think Norwich hold the upper hand here, but still aren''t at a huge advantage.The following assumes that Fulham win at most 3 of their last 4 games, very likely the best they can hope to achieve. Winning 3 of their last 4 would mean that Fulham would have won 4 or 5 out of their final 6 (dependent upon whether they win tomorrow or not).We need at least x or y result (or the equivalent) depending on if they lose or draw the 1 of their final 4 that they fail to win.If Fulham draw against us, then at a minimum we''d need either a win and a draw (or 4 draws), or a win and two draws (or 2 wins) in our final 4 games to be safe.A win for Norwich tomorrow would see Fulham needing at least 3 wins from 4, and we''d need one or two draws (or one more win).

A draw would be a much better result for us than for Fulham. They would be 5 points behind with 4 to play - and they''ve averaged nothing like a point a game so far this season.

[quote user="tele"]

A draw would be a much better result for us than for Fulham. They would be 5 points behind with 4 to play - and they''ve averaged nothing like a point a game so far this season.[/quote]

I think Fulham are well capable of winning 2 from their last 4. In that case a draw tomorrow would mean we''d need 2 draws or a win. A win and we''d be safe.

Let me correct that.If Fulham won 2 and got 1 or 2 draws from their last 4, then a draw tomorrow would mean we''d need 2 draws or a win. A win tomorrow and we''d be safe.If Fulham won 2 and lost 2 then we''d need a draw from either tomorrow''s game or any of our last four.

lets just keep it tight at the back . if we score 1st fulham will have to come out more & will leave space for us as will push more men forward . let get behind the team . otbc

I think this games has the same feeling as the 4-3 defeat at Southampton in 2005, a win for either team changes their run in completely, a draw doesn''t suit either and a defeat would be a disaster.