Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

what do people expect from Adams in these next 5 games?

and what would be the barmoeter for "success"?

We have to stay up, at all costs, I feel 1 more win in the last 5 games will do it. should we fail to acheive this and get relegated will Adams brief tenure be viewed as succesful?

if we stay up but the quality of football remains poor, its an indication the players have never been good enough.. Hughton was on a loser and Adams was... time to clear out and start again in the summer.

1 win (Most likely Fulham) and we''re pretty much safe bar the shouting, and with that I feel Adams would have done his job. Get the players, fans and board back together and bring a much needed injection of hope to the club.Anything else such as a point from Arsenal or Manure would be a bonus and would be seen as such.If the worst happens and we get no more points then Adams can''t be held responsible as it was always going to be a massive task.Stay up or go down, Adams returns to prior position with reputation undamaged or enhanced and a new manager is brought in for the new season dependent on which league it will be in.

At the very least if are to lose.  We lose knowing we''ve made a bloody good fist of it .  And not been limp wristed.
3 pts should be roughly enough if that''s 3 draws so be it.

Adams is in a no lose situation really, if we stay up, he''s a hero and ''saviour'', if we go down, then it will all be blamed on Hughton anyway as ''damage done''.

What do we expect? I don''t necessarily expect anything as such, but I hope, we see a little more team cohesion, passion and desire to win, more attacking... give the players an idea of how he expects them to play and, if the rumours are to be believed, take the pressure off for making mistakes.

I hope we''ll see a more of a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2.....   something to raise a little hope - and maybe a goal or 7 from the strikers...

We won''t be safe with one win if we lose at Fulham on Saturday. I hope/expect him to avoid defeat on Saturday and maybe pull out a result in one of the other games. i''m resigned to the fact we will probably lose at least 3 of the 5 games. we need to pull 4 points out of the bag from the other 2.

If he does that then its job done. If we lose all 5 will obviously be disappointing. Better than 4 points and in my book he will have done very well.

Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB wrote the following post at 10/04/2014 12:53 PM:

I am firmly of the belief that had Chris Hughton not been sacked we would have got relegated so Neil Adams cannot really do any worse than that........

-----------------------------

But thats just an opinion, as is mine. Noone can say we would''ve gone down or stayed up. You could say it was very very likely if we hadn''t of beaten Fulham.

I can see us getting only a draw at Fulham, despite his best efforts, because Fulham will be "up for it" as so much depends on this match.

I think that we might scramble a point in one or two of the last four. Whether this will be enough I have no idea.

If RvW bags a goal, the BBQ is getting dusted off and i''m having a massive beer up in the garden that night!!

Anything else is a bonus ;)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if we stay up but the quality of football remains poor, its an indication the players have never been good enough.. Hughton was on a loser and Adams was... time to clear out and start again in the summer.

[/quote]

In such a short space of time and against such strong opposition I''m not sure it''d be a fair indication of whether the players are up to it or not if they fail to produce really good football.

If the players aren''t up to it then that''s really on Hughton. It''s not like he''s been dealt a bad hand.

And to answer the title of the thread:

Keep us in the Premier League.

4 points. We need 4 points minimum. If we beat Fulham this weekend we''ve got a good chance of staying up. Anything less than a win then we''re going to have to pull something major out the hat.

What I expect to be totally honest is that he will not achieve anymore than the man he has replaced.......thats just how I feel now the dust has settled. But, it goes without saying, that what I want is him to keep us up and I have no issue with the way it is achieved and I am fully behind him of course.  

Simply to put some fire in their bellies.

That''s all he can do at this stage. As far as I''m concerned, he''s in the same position as a goalkeeper facing a penalty. Save it, You''re a hero. Don''t save it, well, hardly your fault.

Unless you save it & then throw it in your own net of course (a la Gary Sprake!).

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]1 win (Most likely Fulham) and we''re pretty much safe bar the shouting, and with that I feel Adams would have done his job. Get the players, fans and board back together and bring a much needed injection of hope to the club.Anything else such as a point from Arsenal or Manure would be a bonus and would be seen as such.If the worst happens and we get no more points then Adams can''t be held responsible as it was always going to be a massive task.Stay up or go down, Adams returns to prior position with reputation undamaged or enhanced and a new manager is brought in for the new season dependent on which league it will be in.[/quote]I think we''ll find that IF Adam''s is successful in keeping us up, and is

generally seen to have improved the side, we won''t reasonably be able

to expect to replace him for the forthcoming season, and neither do i

think we''d truly want to. Adam''s will have proven he is at least competent enough at Premier League level with regards to man-management and tactics, and in the long run he''s the most able candidate for

drafting in our successful youth team over the course of the next couple

of years.This scenario requires a lot of IF''s, but Norwich fans should not make the mistake of thinking that another turn on the manager merry-go-round at Norwich in the next 12 months is a forgone conclusion.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Simply to put some fire in their bellies.

That''s all he can do at this stage. As far as I''m concerned, he''s in the same position as a goalkeeper facing a penalty. Save it, You''re a hero. Don''t save it, well, hardly your fault.

Unless you save it & then throw it in your own net of course (a la Gary Sprake!).[/quote]Ron, the story behind that incident was that, Sprake having caught the ball, Jack Charlton started trolling up field when he heard a roar. Turning round he saw the ball in the net and Sprake looking rather sheepish. So he asked the ref what the h*ll had happened. The ref, between sobs of laughter, told him. Quick as a flash, and true to the Leeds spirit, Charlton replied:"Well, you''re not going to award a goal for that, are you?"

Well he couldn''t be getting a much tougher baptism into senior management so we need to be realistic here.Within our limitations and especially in the last four games I''m not expecting to see many really positive games like the one against Sunderland but I think we''ll play with a lot more freedom for the remainder of the season. The shackles will be off both physically and mentally and I somehow think we''re going to pull this one out of the bag even if we lose at Fulham.He can only do his best in geeing up the players and if we do go down he''ll have given it his best shot. Rookie management opportunities like this don''t come along that often.

I dont agree that it will take a miracle, 4 points possibly 3 from four games regardless of the opposition is possible and its the players who will do it....and they will know that! 

I don''t put expectations on his shoulders but I do hope he can lift the spirit of the team, give them a chance to express themselves and allow them to play in an attacking manner as they occasionally did this season. I hope he can get the players to deliver their full potential since the previous manager couldn''t.

I hope that he has the tactical nous to understand when and how to change a game while it is in progress, a weakness of the previous incumbent..

And I hope that if he can deliver this it will galvanize the city supporters and make Carrow Road to be a happy place on match days.

I see the next five games as a probationary period for Neil Adams. If he can get the team to produce some good performances then I think he may well be appointed permanently, regardless of which division we are playing in next year.

my premonition fream last night was Adams not only saves us from relegation but only loses to chelsea in the remaining games as we get 6 points and finish the season comfortably mid table

He ends up with a perm contract only for us to get relegated next season having spent well in the summer.

The fates are aligned so my dream told me...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and what would be the barmoeter for "success"?

We have to stay up, at all costs, I feel 1 more win in the last 5 games will do it. should we fail to acheive this and get relegated will Adams brief tenure be viewed as succesful?

[/quote]

Well Jas, I expect a disaster to be completely honest. A Shearer-esque relegation.

If ever there was a time to employ a seasoned pro like Allardyce or Pulis it was on Sunday when Hughton went. They may not be popular but boy do they know what they''re doing.

We''ll lose to Fulham, and probably three of the other four, and scrape a lucky draw somewhere. It won''t be enough and we''ll be gone.

That''s what I expect, however I hope we go to Fulham and win rendering the remaining matches less important, as Fulham and Sunderland fail miserably to win too.

Either a win versus Fulham or a draw versus Fulham and at least one more draw or if we lose to Fulham, 1 more win and one more draw.