Sign in to follow this  
#

Snods to Celtic?

[quote user="ricardo"]If we go down he will be gone.
[/quote]

And a few others I dare say.

Chance to win a title,  play for dream club and appear in champs league - even if we stay up the attractions are clear to see.   He will do extremely well up there - Kris Commons does very well and Snoddy is a level up on him.

If he goes we should at least get a good price for him.

[quote user="Brienne"]"Chance win a title". lol, thats like winning the cup made out of a cream egg wrapper![/quote]

Completely agree with that,  but some silverware still means being part of history of the team you support, and something to talk about as you get older - a title winner - and that means a lot to many players.     And if he is prepared take a pay cut it shows what he values from his football career - can knock a prinicpled man (just his principles)

Snoddy isn''t a bad player, but there is better out there that we could attract... if we can get in a better player than I am more than happy to see him leave.

If we do go down,which we wont, i would be happy to see a big clearout.

A lot will be up to the players but for me I would hope to realistically keep Redmond, Howson, the two Bennos, Murphies, Olssen, Martin, Becchio, Hooper, and look to build a new young team brining in youth players. Would be happy to see a new young team playing under Adams spend a season learning their way in the Championship and see them really put a challenge in to get promoted the following year. Adams wold certainly be the right man for this!

If Snoddy does go to Celtic that is where is likely to stay, ambition wise he should be looking to stay in Prem i.e. where the money is. A move to Celtic will be a move basckards. Can see him going in 5 or 6 years but not now.

Celtic are currently talking about which of their best players are on the way out, I doubt hey could afford snodgrass. Should we go down I think West Ham would be a more likely destination.

"Kris Commons does very well and Snoddy is a level up on him"

Think that''s debatable, Commons was a quality player down here too, would be happy if Lennon came down and brought Commons with him as a Wes replacement.