Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Paul Parker attacks McNally...........

I can''t see anybody else posting this article, but of course apologies if it is mentioned anywhere else, I''m a lazy b*stard and only skimmed the forum at lunchtime:

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/norwich-ceo-david-mcnally-massive-ego-could-see-065616430.html

On one hand I agree with Paul Parker in that it was definitely the wrong time to sack Hughton, however the rest is just an attempt to be contraversial. Bless him he tries, but I don''t believe he really thinks this. He''s a wannabe Robbie Savage who far less people listen to basically.

Interesting and as you rightly state a failed attempt at polemics.

If indeed our CEO is the egotistical narcissist portrayed in this article my first question would have to be, why did he join a club who had just reached a fifty year low in League1 on the cusp of administration?

Doesn''t exactly tally does it, poor attempt, very poor attempt.

I know we all want Norwich to win on Saturday for the three points, but more than that, the win would stitch two fingers up at the Parkers, Linnekers and Savages of this world, who would clearly prefer Norwich to be ''unfortunately'' relegated under the nice Mr. Hughton, rather than try a better method under a more progressive coach.

Quite why McNally and the board are being so heavily slated by the national media, when they were giving Hughton as long as possible to get things right, beats me.

They actually held their nerve for far longer than the boards fro the six surrounding clubs, yet this escapes mention.

Hughton and his sidekicks were given more than enough rope, the decision to get rid has nothing whatsoever to do with Mcnally''s ego.

Even if Adam doesn''t eventually prove these plonkers wrong, these hacks have proved themselves unfit to work in the media.

Funny how all these idiots jump on McNally. If he had dictatorial powers there at least would be an excuse but why not yell and shout against and about Delia and MWJ?

If I read or hear another so called expert say what a lovely man Hughton is I will have to put two pencils up my nostrils and shout ''wibble''

Tough though it will be, if we can get three or even one point tomorrow our chances of staying up are improved. These ignorant so called experts can then crawl back from whence they came.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Interesting and as you rightly state a failed attempt at polemics.

If indeed our CEO is the egotistical narcissist portrayed in this article my first question would have to be, why did he join a club who had just reached a fifty year low in League1 on the cusp of administration?

Doesn''t exactly tally does it, poor attempt, very poor attempt.[/quote]agree otherwise BGbut we were not on the cusp of relegation, as the re-scheduling of debts showedour assets far outweighed our debts, it was just a case of there being less coming in than going outwe would have been able to adjust those figures (outgoings) to balance but, and a big but, at considerable cost in the playing staff

I don''t think the footballing world is overly keen on executives who put their heads above the parapet.

McNally did that with his attention-seeking ''Relegation worse than death'' soundbite.

Did anybody else get a big advert for Spiderman just above Paul Parker''s name when they looked at this advert?

I know Spiderman was Peter Parker and not Paul Parker, but it was close enough to amuse me...

After having read this article, I do really wonder why someone like Paul Parker has become involved. Its quite interesting how vocal people with no Norwich City association other than a distant vague awareness have become over this. What is more frustrating is that whilst everybody feels the board left it too late if they were going to do this within the season, those who follow Norwich have said its been coming, accused the board of being too sentimental and not ruthless enough to do it sooner, and can generally see the logic that beating Fulham could ensure survival, but that with the way the team had performed in previous ''must win games'' and with the fans having turned that looked unlikely, and that putting in Adams might change the dynamic and give us a chance to win that game. By contrast, those who know nothing about our club, who are unlikley to have followed our season and knowing little about the situation other than that Chris Hughtons a nice bloke therefore he must have been treated harshly again have been more than happy to have an ill-informed pop. Ignorance is ugly. As Martin Lewis said about David Cameron spouting his mouth off about things he didnt understand - "if you dont know what you''re talking about - keep your mouth shut!''"

[quote user="Bury Green"]egotistical narcissist [/quote]

If you want a genuine one then look no further than the oscar pistorius trial - or closer to home Alan Shearer 

[quote user="unique"]I know we all want Norwich to win on Saturday for the three points, but more than that, the win would stitch two fingers up at the Parkers, Linnekers and Savages of this world, who would clearly prefer Norwich to be ''unfortunately'' relegated under the nice Mr. Hughton, rather than try a better method under a more progressive coach.

Quite why McNally and the board are being so heavily slated by the national media, when they were giving Hughton as long as possible to get things right, beats me.

They actually held their nerve for far longer than the boards fro the six surrounding clubs, yet this escapes mention.

Hughton and his sidekicks were given more than enough rope, the decision to get rid has nothing whatsoever to do with Mcnally''s ego.

Even if Adam doesn''t eventually prove these plonkers wrong, these hacks have proved themselves unfit to work in the media.[/quote]

Good post, probably because I agree with all of it !

The board held their nerve because they wanted the plan to succeed and Hughton was dong just enough to warrant keeping him on. The media thinks the board lost their nerve (so do I as it happens), but it doesn''t matter what the media  (or I) thinks, but if you are going to hold your nerve, you have to hold your nerve and see it through, not capitulate at the last minute.    That Hughton may or may not have got us the extra points we need, we will never know.   So,whether we like it or not, the gamble has been taken - and it would have been a gamble in November, or January, or indeed now. 

What we have though, is a new feeling of positivity with us - and that can carry us through - so stuff what the media and pundits think and stuff what I think.  The future has not been written yet and with will power and determination and with Adams positive input, the team are capable of getting results.

[quote user="unique"]I know we all want Norwich to win on Saturday for the three points, but more than that, the win would stitch two fingers up at the Parkers, Linnekers and Savages of this world, who would clearly prefer Norwich to be ''unfortunately'' relegated under the nice Mr. Hughton, rather than try a better method under a more progressive coach. Quite why McNally and the board are being so heavily slated by the national media, when they were giving Hughton as long as possible to get things right, beats me. They actually held their nerve for far longer than the boards fro the six surrounding clubs, yet this escapes mention. Hughton and his sidekicks were given more than enough rope, the decision to get rid has nothing whatsoever to do with Mcnally''s ego. Even if Adam doesn''t eventually prove these plonkers wrong, these hacks have proved themselves unfit to work in the media.[/quote]

Had Hughton been a white man I wonder if these people would have been bothered much..................

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="unique"]I know we all want Norwich to win on Saturday for the three points, but more than that, the win would stitch two fingers up at the Parkers, Linnekers and Savages of this world, who would clearly prefer Norwich to be ''unfortunately'' relegated under the nice Mr. Hughton, rather than try a better method under a more progressive coach. Quite why McNally and the board are being so heavily slated by the national media, when they were giving Hughton as long as possible to get things right, beats me. They actually held their nerve for far longer than the boards fro the six surrounding clubs, yet this escapes mention. Hughton and his sidekicks were given more than enough rope, the decision to get rid has nothing whatsoever to do with Mcnally''s ego. Even if Adam doesn''t eventually prove these plonkers wrong, these hacks have proved themselves unfit to work in the media.[/quote]

Had Hughton been a white man I wonder if these people would have been bothered much..................

[/quote]

Further to this I really do believe the national media have tried to make this have a racial angle............which is stupid because we actually sort out and employed CH in the first place.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wow. Just such a stupid comment.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wow. Just such a stupid comment.

[/quote]

Really?

The Daily Mirror called it ''Brutal Sacking''.............now that IS stupid.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]I''ve argued in your favour once or twice in the past Wiz.Had you not been an enormous tw*t I wonder if I would have been carried on..................

What we should remember is all these experts have failed misreably at certain times in there career in some form.... im sure Linw*nker failed at Barcelona, etc etc, what they failed to point out is that we have made numerous subs and not one has made a impact or assist, dont think this has ever happened in the history of football, our away form is Sh*te, we never won any 2 games in a row, so who is right or wrong!!!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I''ve argued in your favour once or twice in the past Wiz.

Had you not been an enormous tw*t I wonder if I would have been carried on..................[/quote]

So why did the red top rags keep referring to CH as the last black manager Nuff? thats racial.

Here at City we have a proud record of dealing with racial discrimination.........and I think a few hacks were trying it on.

Sorry everybody, I fed the troll.

Back on topic; Paul Parker. Does anybody care what he thinks?

It was probably McNally that kept Chris Hughton in the job for so long - until it became totally apparent the chances of survival were reducing to virtually nil.  

The last time McNally sacked a manager was 5 years ago and it was one the best (if not the best) things that ever happened to this club.

So maybe Paul Parker should STFU.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

What we should remember is all these experts have failed misreably at certain times in there career in some form.... im sure Linw*nker failed at Barcelona, etc etc, what they failed to point out is that we have made numerous subs and not one has made a impact or assist, dont think this has ever happened in the history of football, our away form is Sh*te, we never won any 2 games in a row, so who is right or wrong!!!

[/quote]

Lineker didn''t fail at Barcelona, unless 42 goals in 103 games, winning the Copa Del Ray, winning the Cup Winners Cup & a hat-rick in El Classico is deemed a failure.

He may be a tw*t some of the time but he had a successful career.

Not that it''s anybody elses business than the boards, but maybe they should let slip one or two statistics about the Hughton years. How many games did we win ? how far did we progress in the cups ? How many goals have his wonderful signings scored ? What is the estimated value of signings now. We gave him a very long period of grace and it simply has not worked out , whether it does , who knows ?. I mean no detriment to Chris Hughton, but it has not been a marriage made in heaven.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Love the way Hughton has said to the press that he thinks he would have kept Norwich up, When most fans would disagree with him.[/quote]

Of course he would think that.  Why wouldn''t he........

[quote user="BRING BACK HOUGHTON"]Parker is right. Norwich should never haved sacked Cris Hughton[/quote]

I would worry more about the mighty Doncaster or whoever you are playing son. You might even top 20,000 if the Fairs Cup lot come off their allotments.

Parker''s effort and many similar ones reportedly coming from ex-pros are almost certainly written.

If those words had been attributed to a journalist they''d have come and gone without much effect. Because they are supposedly from Paul Parker people sit up and take notice and it gets the response it wanted.

I doubt Parker has ever had much of an opinion on Norwich during his entire career. He isn''t going to start now. But he''ll let someone put his name to something.