Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Olsson injury ?

I have heard on the grapevine he is injured / not in contention with Saturday - could be all garbage, anyone else have news?

Well he has clearly been feeling his shoulder injury more in the last couple of games, perhaps its not holding out as expected. Whilst Olsson has been one of the few genuine successes this season, Garrido is a capable replacement.

In neil''s injury update only mentioned doubts about Yobo and Ryan Bennett. Nothing re Olsson. Fer in full training Elliott B will play 90 mins in U21 game.

Where do physioroom actually get their info from?
Do clubs give it directly too them? Because why would they do that without publicly telling us, because if the clubs gave it to physioroom its not like other clubs couldn''t check. So basically if Olsson is 50/50 or even definitely out but they''ve just decided not to say anything then physioroom know no more than me or you?

Spoke to him at the ''party'' last Saturday and he told me he didn''t need to come off last week. It was Hughtons decision, not his Olssons. Hopefully that indicates he''s not sufficiently injured to miss the game altogether.

I think Garrido is a very able replacement who`s attacking intent and abilities were stifled by Hughton`s rigid "crab football" tactics. Olsson has not looked himself for the last few games, would prefer a fully fit Garrido over an injury hampered Olsson.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]I think Garrido is a very able replacement who`s attacking intent and abilities were stifled by Hughton`s rigid "crab football" tactics. Olsson has not looked himself for the last few games, would prefer a fully fit Garrido over an injury hampered Olsson.

[/quote]

Would totally agree there - I know Olsson will understandably want to play but if he is feeling his shoulder, then let''s give Garrido his chance, he''s another player who will definitely give 110% for the shirt. Olsson has been great but I wouldn''t want a player out there mindful of aggravating his injury further.

Garrido hasn''t played for months, it''s hard to come back into the team after such a long absence. Olsson looked to be in a lot of pain last week, I hope he is ok.

[quote user="Kelly"]Garrido hasn''t played for months, it''s hard to come back into the team after such a long absence. Olsson looked to be in a lot of pain last week, I hope he is ok.[/quote]

Agreed Mr Kelly but he hasn''t exactly been sitting on his bum smoking 50 a day and pigging out on crisps either. He wouldn''t let us down.

If we are forced into playing Garrido this week I don''t see it as a problem. Garrido will be forced to play for the left back spot with a new manager in charge, I''m sure he''ll be desperate to play the rest of the season out and give whoever the manager is in the summer a dilemma about who to choose.

Would be a shame if he is as a settled back 4 is always a boon,  but I dont think there is that much between Olsson and Garrido so am not too fussed to be honest.

Garrido is far better defensively but struggles in the air, while Olssons pace is a def plus.   Attacking again Olsson pace is great and adds another dimension,  but with the ball mainly on the other flank its almost irrelevant.   What Garrido does is cross and pass the ball far more effectively,   Olssons crossing being highly variable and to too often poor 

This is a terrible admission, i panicked for a second because I had completely forgotten about Garrido. He was good last season, and wasn''t it his cross that pilks nodded in against Man Utd?

the problem is, whenever we''ve played garrido this season, he''s looked woeful (despite having a solid season last season). We need to play our best players in what is the biggest game of the last 3 seasons.

Agreed. He has looked poor on the rare occasions we have seen him. He needs to be playing regularly to maintain his form, he would be a liability tomorrow IMO.