Sign in to follow this  
daz

redders upfront?.......

bin told from my mate on the groundstaff tonite....keep an eye out for the ATTACKING line up sat and redders upfront......

I highly doubt he''d be played as an out and out striker. Maybe in behind the striker, but then the press today seem to be suggesting they think Hoolahan will be playing in a central role.
So the front six would have to be:
Howson, Tettey, Johnson
   Redmond, Hoolahan
         Wolfswinkle
(Or Hooper for Wolfie, but I reckon he''ll go with Wolfswinkle if he only starts one.)

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I hope Magath doesn''t come on here [:P][/quote]

HA !....... but yeah first he said all im saying is attacking ! then ok will say 1 player... redders upfront so yes if it happens id say obviously behind the striker/s too :) ..

its sounding an interesting team/formation ! ;)

Think Redmond up front could work well if Fulham play a high defensive line. Do they? We need Redmond running in on goal one one one with their defence hopelessly trying to catch them for it to work. If they play deep, cant see how this would be effective. Have we ever seen Redmond have the anelka bellamy composure one on one with the keeper? All iv ever really seen him do is shoot from outside the box. But then again who knows what attacking talents we actually have

On one hand I have seen Redmond in an England U21 side look like a class player, quick feet and able to accelerate past defenders, that can both score and lay on goals and chances for others.And on the other hand I have seen Redmond in a yellow shirt unable to get his head up and look for others and blasting the ball into the stands whenever he gets a sight of goal and having the leagues worst shot to goal ratio of 1.7%Can Neeeyull get him into England mode for us?

Well Fulhams good results came versus a Newcastle side who can''t be arsed anymore this season (only cleansheet for ages too) and a similarly lethargic Villa side. We''ll scare the s**t out of them on Saturday. I don''t think they know what is going to hit them.

Have always wanted to see him given a free role playing in behind the striker, would terrify defenders and be difficult to pick up, with his pace he would win a few free kicks as well.

Plus we wouldn''t have to see his relatively poor crossing and his shots would be from a central position or even one on ones.

Generally when he cuts in and shoots from a more central position he''s pretty accurate.

Redmond will be playing, not up front though, I think my source is pretty good and this is potentially the lineup. I''m not sure about Bennett though, could be Yobo.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hP9dNuI.png[/img]

[quote user="Ginja"]Redmond will be playing, not up front though, I think my source is pretty good and this is potentially the lineup. I''m not sure about Bennett though, could be Yobo.[/quote]
Stupid forum, this time perhaps?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hP9dNuI.png[/img]

Would be a very strange decision to play Snodgrass on his weak side. If you''re not going to play him on the right, you may as well not bother playing him at all. Wouldn''t be overly happy with that were it true. 4th best centre back playing when two better are available as well.

[quote user="splutcho"]Would be a very strange decision to play Snodgrass on his weak side. If you''re not going to play him on the right, you may as well not bother playing him at all. Wouldn''t be overly happy with that were it true. 4th best centre back playing when two better are available as well.[/quote]
Weak side?
While I agree Yobo could easily start, he was brought in by Hughton, something tells me he''s not the happiest bunny. However Bassong seems lazy in recent games, would be happy to see him dropped finally. Remember one of our few away wins came with that back 4.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well Fulhams good results came versus a Newcastle side who can''t be arsed anymore this season (only cleansheet for ages too) and a similarly lethargic Villa side. We''ll scare the s**t out of them on Saturday. I don''t think they know what is going to hit them.[/quote]

I love how your posts are getting more and more optimistic the closer the game gets. Have you got us down for a 10-0 come 3.07pm Saturday? Hope you''re right!

Is it possible that Redders will play in the centre, given Adam''s references to playing youth if it seems good? What if the wingers are Snodgrass and Murphy. We have no other quick men who can play on the left with pace - Redders is not comfortable there.

I seem to recall Murphy having a good game in the home cup tie against Fulham. Would not be suprised to see him start.

[quote user="Vanwalt"]I seem to recall Murphy having a good game in the home cup tie against Fulham. Would not be suprised to see him start.[/quote]
A very risky move, I would be extremely surprised to see Murphy start, though I hear he will be on the bench ready to come on as a hail mary.

Ginja - That picture has Snodgrass down on the left, he is a right sided midfielder and is totally ineffective on the other side.

I also feel like I''m the only one that thinks Bassong is getting unfair stick on here. Clearly he''s shouldn''t be captain (though being a leader isn''t just about shouting and screaming) but he hasn''t looked lazy in the slightest to me, some mistakes aside ( mistakes that everybody is making) he''s looked composed and our best defender.

Just read Vanwalt''s post, it''s funny how views differ, because as I recall, Murphy looked good for the first 5 minutes of that cup game, and then for the other 85 looked hopelessly out of his depth.

Unless redders is being played up front alone (possible,  may be similar to Remy without the aerial strength?) it feels like tow up front in either a 4312, 433 diamond variation.  Assuming a front 3 of Wes, Redderz and one of Hooper/RvW I would suggest our best remaining three would line up

Snodgrass  Tettey   Jonas (Pilks?)

Wes

Redderz  RvW/Hooper 

which I think would work and give a good balance of hard working graft deeper while still having the ability to pass and retain the ball.  Unlike most I remain of the view that Johnson is not the answer,  and it would be a little harsh on Howson but he is not as creative as wes or as defensively solid as Tettey so sits our for this formation;   I do not think JH is an option out wide either. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Jonas[/quote]
I doubt we will see Jonas play again for us, I could be completely wrong but something tells me he won''t be very happy about his mate being sacked.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="splutcho"]Would be a very strange decision to play Snodgrass on his weak side. If you''re not going to play him on the right, you may as well not bother playing him at all. Wouldn''t be overly happy with that were it true. 4th best centre back playing when two better are available as well.[/quote]
Weak side?
While I agree Yobo could easily start, he was brought in by Hughton, something tells me he''s not the happiest bunny. However Bassong seems lazy in recent games, would be happy to see him dropped finally. Remember one of our few away wins came with that back 4.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t attribute much to players like Yobo being unhappy because Hughton left. He won''t know if Adams rates him or not yet - he might start every game.

I would agree about dropping Bassong, but just because he''s making lots of errors, rather than looking lazy. He''s always looked lazy!

splutcho wrote the following post at 11/04/2014 9:20 AM:

Just read Vanwalt''s post, it''s funny how views differ, because as I recall, Murphy looked good for the first 5 minutes of that cup game, and then for the other 85 looked hopelessly out of his depth.

Have to disagree with that one splutcho, Murphy had a great game, He was replace by his brother towards the end of the game who didn''t look quite as sharp.

Surely nobody could have been particularly great given that we lost 3-0? (assuming I''m thinking of the right game) As far as I remember, after a good Murphy run and hitting the bar in the opening moments, we barely got out of our half for the remainder.