Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

If Adams Keeps Us Up Should He Be The Next Manager?

If we win every game he should, but otherwise no. I''m sure he''ll be given a job as a more important member of NCFC, e.g coach of the first team

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m interested to see what people think...[/quote]

A manager has to start somewhere.  If he keeps us up, I think he should step back as we get someone else in, Hoddle or Rosler - and Adams can have that little bit of success on his CV for the future.   If we go down, I would keep him on as we could build in the championship as someone who knows the club and away from the total glare of being in the premiership.  If he is then successful in the championship, all good - if not - at least he will have gained some valuable experience.  Another  reason for not getting someone else in if we are in the championship is that we have just got rid of one of the best of qualified of managers at that level. [^o)]

Not sure really, tried to make a decision on what I''d personally like to happen a number of times this week but can''t really decide.

If(when) we stay up you''d hope we''d be able to attract someone th a bit more experience and pedigree, but then again my first choice was Bergkamp and I believe he''s only been an assistant, maybe youth team manager. So with that in mind seems a bit off of me to suggest Adams isn''t worth a shot.

I think wether he stays or not shouldn''t be based on these fives games though. That will naturally come into it, but if we won 3 of them he''d be regarded as a huge success, but it could easily just be a short burst of adrenalin amongst the squad and it''d fade and die over the summer. But if he can take what he did in the U18s and replicate it in the first team he could potentially make a very good manager, seems to have the right attitude in terms of playing to his players strengths, so now it boils down to implementing that with an older group of players in a harder setting. But remember our youth team were underdogs, it wasn''t like he took an odds on fave and pushed them over the line...

So, not sure ;)

All depends on the next five games surely. Lets see how these results and performances pan out and then make a call. All the clamouring for other ''names'' and yet we could have our best candidate here already?!

Making Plans wrote the following post at 11/04/2014 8:39 PM:

Yes of course. And why wouldn''t he be?

-----------------------------

Its embarrassing?

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Would he have the connections to bring in Star players though?[/quote]
Players are brought into the club by Ewan Chester. Adams job would be to identify areas that need strengthening rather than actually identify players and to coach said players into an effective unit rather than convincing them to join himself. 
Anyway, the biggest advantage Norwich have is that they can pay more than most foreign clubs as such it is most important that we have a manager who can keep us in the premier league for as long as possible. Adams might be the man for the job.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Making Plans wrote the following post at 11/04/2014 8:39 PM:

Yes of course. And why wouldn''t he be?

-----------------------------

Its embarrassing?[/quote]
Every coach has to start somewhere. If Adams shows an understanding of tactics, coaching and man-management and is able to unite the team under him into an effective unit, why shouldn''t he be appointed? 

[quote user="mrs miggins"]its embarrassing[/quote]
But why? Because he has no first team experience? Experience is irrelevant as long as you have the ability. All I''m saying is that if Adams shows that he has a certain managerial skill (although I acknowledge this is a bid ''if'') why shouldn''t he get the job, regardless of a lack of experience?  

It''s a strange fact but not one Premier League Manager had experience of managing a Premier League Club until he did it for the first time.

its embarrassing because not only have we replaced our manager with a youth team coach and bbd commentator, if he gets us to stay up, there''s actually a possibility that he''ll be given the job permanently. We really have looked completely tin pot recently; clappers, getting rid of our manager right before the biggest game in at least 3 seasons. I hope he keeps us up and gets to be a coach. But manager? no, we will hopefully still be in the PL and we need to act like a premier league team that is going to develop and progress.

I personally would be shocked if regardless of whether we stay up or not Neil Adams is our manager next season. 

My guess is that Neil Adams himself also probably knows its very unlikely, but being the decent passionate professional he clearly is, then I think he is probably delighted to be handed the role to help keep the club he loves out of the relegation zone along with the guarantee that his future is safe when he has completed the job....a five match job, regardless of the outcome. 

Why do I say this, well its no disrepect to Neil Adams, but our club must progress and bring in a manager with even better credentials than the previous two managers, someone who is very experienced at this or a similar level abroad, as well as being well connected both in terms of the coaches he can bring with him and also the connections he has in European or World football, and in fairness Neil Adams just wont bring that.    

I do get confused when I read some of the stuff on here, our previous highly respected manager like Chris Hughton is classed as a clown, verbally abused consistently and some very experienced managers are suggested as possible replacements, bizarrely including the return of Paul Lambert and now, before a ball has been kicked it seems that our Youth Team Manager is a popular choice to take the club forward....,,,,,    

Pep Guardiola was coach of Barcelona B before becoming Barcelona manager............hardly Norwich City Under 18''s is it, although I get your point :-)

Saying "it''s embarrassing" is classic NCFC fan syndrome. Similar to the few fans who are embarrassed Delia is our major shareholder.

As McNally said, "it''s over to Neil now". If he gets us playing reasonably well and we stay up, we will keep him, and we should keep him.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 11/04/2014 9:49 PM:

No they don''t mrs Miggins, where on eart are you getting that idea from?

-------------------------------------

You''re right, i always thought they did for some reason, apologies

Tovstate the obviouse, he needs to secure points to avoid relegation. If he achieves this, and the team show improvement in the playing style and performances then yes Adams should be considered full time should he actaully want the job. Most importantly, lets secure prem league footy for next season and then take stock of where we are early in the summer.

well it is a little embarrassing the fact that our club is known for her drunken (whatever she says, she looked drunk to me) rant on the pitch, despite investing heavily in our club which everyone is grateful for

Really can''t disagree enough with some of the posters on here who are writing off Neil Adams for the permanent job before we have even seen his NCFC team play once.

The guy got our under 18s playing some cracking football and winning the youth cup against teams like Chelsea who spend a fair bit on their youth teams. That is no mean achievement.

He has interviewed very well this week and has talked about playing an attacking, aggressive mode of football, which our fans have been clamouring for for ages, and which is the Norwich way after all, or used to be.

"He has no European contacts" - who gives a ***? Being able to tell a good player from a dud is what counts. We have a European network of scouts who should do their job properly.

I do not agree with bringing someone in with more experience simply because they have more experience. So many managers, like Rodgers or Steve Clarke or, yes Chris Hughton or Gary Monk or Guardiola or Nigel Adkins, to pick a random list, moved from the background into the hot seat at some point.

It''s a crucial time for the club but we have to back their judgment. We''ve got to trust the board of directors to make the right decision based on a) how the next 5 games go b) the way Adams runs the club behind the scenes c) his immediate plan for improving the playing squad this summer, and d) his more general plan for how to move the club forward in the long term. It''s not the time to make decisions based on what the rest of the footballing world think/what is the cliched foresighted thing to do (ie bring in a random exotic foreign manager for the sake of appearing forward thinking). It''s simply about getting the best man for the job.

If your embarrassed by our manager who is a Yellow through and through then i politely suggest that you feck off and support a club with a big name manager Mrs M.