Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

No Becchio in the Adams team

So "clueless" Houghton was roundly slated on here for not using Becchio... Neil Adams comes in and, before his first and key Premier League game, releases Becchio to play in last night''s U21 game.Maybe Houghton wasn''t quite so clueless? Or maybe Adams is also blind to the season-saving goal machine that is Luciano Becchio?

To be honest I pretty glad Becchio isn''t playing. Seen nothing to make me think he''s any better than Hooper or RVW.Lets hope the players are up for it to save a reduction on salary if they stay next year.

I''ve seen more of him playing in the U21s than I have in the 1st team and he has nver particularly impressed in the U21s, until last night when I thought he had his best game, so did Benno and they both scored. IMO, if he (Becchio) had played as well all season as he did last night, he may have had made more 1st Team appearances.

It''s the indecision surrounding Becchio i''m more annoyed at. If he isn''t good enough, get him sold! We had opportunities to send him to Boro and Leeds at the start of the season and we dallied and kept him on. Then after the three strikers ahead of him flattered to decieve, he wasn''t given a fair chance. It''s not a one off game i''m annoyed about regarding the treatment of Becchio. I think today is Hoopers chance though.

I think Adams'' Norwich will utilise midfielders better than Hughton. More movement. Flexible. The way modern football is. One upfront. Pure speculation though!

People seem to enjoy rubbishing LB.

The reality is lose today and were effectively relegated.

RVW & GH will have release clauses in their contract.

So, going into 2014/15 Championship, LB will be the only striker at the club with first team experience.

Hughton was critisised for not playing Becchio because his awful inept tactical strategy was so unsuited to skillful intelligent players like RVW/Hooper, it suited a big lump like Becchio and as it wasn''t working with our main strikers people couldn''t understand why we didn''t try something different.

We have no idea how Adams will set the team up really, but I''d imagine we''ll play a quick breaking counter attacking game which would suit RVW/Hooper a lot more than it would Becchio.

His omission may not mean rejection. Adams can pick only 11 plus bench, and there are others, such as Pilks and Josh, who may have a stronger case. In the case of Becchio, it is possible that Adams feels that the player is not match fit enough and that 90 minutes with the U21 will bring him up to speed, and into contention for future first team squads. The same could be said of Benno, although I was a little disappointed that he left the pitch well before 90 minutes, or did I imagine this?

We may some surprises this afternoon. The manager has said more than once that he will pick players who best, in his judgement, can play in the way he wants for the team.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]People seem to enjoy rubbishing LB.

The reality is lose today and were effectively relegated.

RVW & GH will have release clauses in their contract.

So, going into 2014/15 Championship, LB will be the only striker at the club with first team experience.[/quote]I don''t enjoy rubbishing any Norwich players, old son, but I do enjoy rubbishing the views of those who used his exclusion as yet another stick to beat Houghton with.