Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Biggest game since Fulham away - May 2005

Nearly 10 years on and what a rollercoaster this football club has been on since then, we plummeted to the depths of League One and all the way back up again with some fun and games in between.

Today, simply decides our fate for another season, win and I feel the boys can relax if only a little going into the final four, lose? Well lose and its curtains.

Fulham are not going into the game with any real safety either, they still need points and need points fast and much like us last week will be looking to win the ''easy'' games at home agains their relegation rivals, as we saw last week it''s not always as easy as that. A positive atmosphere soon turned into a poisoness one and that''s what we need to create at Fulham today, we need to frustrate the home fans and dazzle the away fans.

This season has been very frustrating under Hughton particularly away from home, however we have still had a few decent results....I agree that the decision to sack Chris Hughton was the right one however you have to question the timing and perhaps the replacement.

Neil Adams is much loved by the City fans and I don''t accept that this is a similar appointment to that of Bryan Gunn, at least Adams has the experience of winning the FA Youth Cup something Gunn can never lay claim to, however Norwich fans mustn''t allow this to cloud their judgement on what will be a very difficult job for Adams.

You only have to see the reaction on here and on the Facebook wall to see that there is already a level of over expectation about what Adams and his team can achieve. A classic example is a 2 minute training video where some fans came on and hailed our new management trio, tactical geniuses and it was ''so much better than the old regime''. In all intents and purposes the training was very similar, high intensity with ball work. But the perception from Norwich fans was that it was better because it was ''Adams''

I also think Adams will use some of his ''men'', I''m wary of drawing similarities between Adams and Sherwood at Spurs but Sherwood has used ''his'' players during his tenure and I don''t think Adams will be any different. Maybe the likes of Carlton Morris and Josh Murphy will be given key roles in the run in. I also think we will see Redmond be given more of a run than in recent weeks, as someone that has worked in youth football, Adams will surely have a positive impact on Nathan.

I hope Adams and Norwich City achieve safety this season however I am also a realist. It was clear Norwich City had to act, time will tell whether they made the right call, today''s game is crucial....get behind the boys right from the word go, don''t give up and don''t surrender. The one thing Adam''s will install in his players is belief and confidence, of that I am sure. It''s now up to us as fans to support that and push the team on this afternoon and in the remaining fixtures of this season.

I think it''s certainly the biggest game of the season for some of the players.

Today''s result will either show us that Hughton didn''t know how to get the best out of the players, or, the players aren''t as good as we thought they were.

I don''t think its the players that are the issue MSP, I think the problem is two fold:

1) there is no leadership within the team setup, we have a weak club and team captain in my eyes, Bassong whilst a strong defender isn''t perhaps a strong leader whilst Russell Martin is at best a Championship right back over performing.

2) whilst there seems to be a strong team mentality off the pitch, there doesn''t seem to be much team work on the field of play.

You can''t change point 1 as it will surely have an effect on team morale so you have to think that point two will be improved by the current manager as the board surely felt the previous manager couldn''t achieve this.

I quite agree Mrs Miggins, but it was important, after the match not prior to it....