Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Can a new kit make you play better?

Can a new kit make you play better?

Anyone know where I am coming from? Some kits look horrible and sometimes I feel this can have an effect on the confidence of the person wearing it. On the other hand, some kits look superb and it''s a joy to be wearing it. Can this have a good effect on a player, sort of like a pose?

Am I talking sense or have I lost it big time? Thoughts please?

This is the funniest thing I''ve heard since Jimmy Hill suggested in World Cup 98, the Romanians all dying their hair blonde would give them an extra advantage!

I dont think it makes any difference.  I just wish they wouldn''t keep changing the kits and the kids keep wanting their shirts updated!

I think vertical stripes make you look taller and harder. Im not suggesting we should have them for one minute though. Hoops can tend to make players look shall we say rather rotund. Anyone ever seen Rob Newman in hoops?

This reminds me of the Yorkie ''Its not for Girls'' adverts they had on Soccer AM before they changed to a different version this season.

lol, id rather think not, it doesnt matter what your wearing

if i played in a ipswich town top it wouldnt make no difference to my abillity.

I reckon they should all play in "Skins and shirts" like I did when I was a teenager! Home team plays in shirts, and the visiting side plays with upper torso exposed for 45 mins, then it''s all change post half-time! Marvellous for the ladies to view the six packs, but tough on the squads on a cold & wet December night!

Would certainly ensure that the more ''rotund'' of the playing staff, work that little bit harder in training to keep their pork off! 

Also, having their name and squad number painted on their backs coupled with the club badge tattooed above the left breast.

A trial period by the FA should start with ladies soccer, and if it proves a success and increases attendances, then the geezers can take it on board!   OTBC ;~)

PS, new strip is certainly different!