--------------------------------------------------

Martin-----Turner-----Yobo-----Olsson

------------Howson-----Johnson----------

Redmond-----Snodgrass-----Pilkington

---------------------RVW----------------------

With plenty of rotation and movement between Redmond, Snodrass and Pilkington as all can play anywhere along that line.

Wingers with instruction to beat the full backs and put in early crosses behind the defence etc.

Me personally, I feel we mustnt forget that the pressure is on Fulham not us. Theyre the team in the relegation zone that has to catch us. They need to make up the ground so they need to come to us. I say let them, and then take advantage of the space they leave. That game 10 years ago ended up 6-0 because we had no choice but to attack, and everytime we did, they suckerpunched us. I say be like Floyd Mayweather, not Ricky Hatton. Pick them off cleverly, dont put your head down and wade in. Lets keep the pressure on Fulham not ourselves. Consequently I would have the team playing fast and direct (almost route one) to our two outlets Redmond and Olsson on the right and left wing, running onto balls and outpacing the fullback, and cutting back to Hooper and RvW arriving late in the style of Frank Lampard. We''re away, so why not play the counter. I think they''ll be more upset with a draw than us.

------------------Ruddy-------

Martin Yobo/Turner Bassong Garrido

Redmond Tettey Johnson Olsson

------------Hooper RvW--------

-------------Ruddy-------------------

Martin--------Yobo-----Turner-------Olsson

Redmond---Tettey----Johnson-------Pilkington

------------Snodgrass/Howson---------------

-------------Hooper--------------

I''d favour the home grown lads a bit more, simply because I think they''ll "get" the importance much more and be a tad more responsive to a passionate away crowd.

I don''t think we can go 4-4-2- need to be reasonably solid and look for pace down the flanks. I''d probably favour Howson for that reason, likely to be better at driving through the middle to support the wing play than Snod.

I picked the same side on the other thread Mycroft, but I''d play Redmond centrally with a free role, largely free of defensive responsibilities. Agree with you there should be flexibility/ interchange between him, Snoddy and Pilkington, but free up Redmond more. If he starts higher, Fulham (and others) will be frightened of his pace, which will make pressing more dangerous.

[quote user="Mycroft Holmes"]---------------------Ruddy--------------------

Martin-----Turner-----Yobo-----Olsson

------------Howson-----Johnson----------

Redmond-----Snodgrass-----Pilkington

---------------------RVW----------------------

With plenty of rotation and movement between Redmond, Snodrass and Pilkington as all can play anywhere along that line.

Wingers with instruction to beat the full backs and put in early crosses behind the defence etc.[/quote]

I''d love to see this team in action!

Imagine the opposition trying to track 3 players behind the lead striker who constantly interchange; it would create gaps and a flow of scoring opportunities...

Fulham have to go for it, a pacey counter attacking style from us will suit this game and its our best chance of getting the points to haul us over the line. Although Wes wasn''t having his best game against WBA, he always provided an option against their pressing ...which we missed badly when he was subbed off. Will Fulham press us similarly? As Neyal has intimated, the team has to be made up of players whose heads and hearts are right for this game. Somewhere in our squad is the balanced comitted best team that has so far proved elusive. Its gonna be a very interesting line-up, and game, I fancy. Can''t wait!

Ruddy

Whittaker Yobo Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Tettey Howson Redmond

Hoolahan

Hooper

I can''t see Martin being dropped but he''s just had so many poor games in recent weeks I''d like a change, give Whittaker a chance to get back on form. I''d rather see Turner in the defence instead of Yobo if Turner was sharp enough to play.

Sticking with the inverted wingers simply because Snodgrass has popped up with a few goals from there - but he is not to take up a central position and clog up the space and make us very narrow like what so very foolishly happened against WBA. Redmond''s pace on the wing gives Hoolahan and the other midfielders another outlet.

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Olsson

Tettey Howson

Redmond Hoolahan Pilkington

Van Wolfswinkel

Other things I would consider would be snograss in the middle instead of hoolahan, or possibly johnson instead of howson for more defensive energy and maybe Hooper for Van wolfswinkel. I would play the formation as a cross between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3. with the wingers pushing on to support the striker and Hoolahan more of an attacking midfielder than a second striker.

I would go with one up top, because I think it is crucial that we don''t lose the midfield battle and having hoolahan and howson in the middle means we have players who want to be on the ball and should be able to keep it if required as well as enough creativity to start attacks and supply Redmond, Pilkington and Van Wolfswinkel. Also Fulham need to win this game and I suspect that being at home they will come at us from the start. If that happens then the counter attack will be on, so I would definitely start with pacey players whose style that suits - Snograss''s form has been better recently, but his tendancy to slow down a counter attack would discourage me from playing him on the wing - although as i said I would consider him behind Van Wolfswinkel for more of a goal threat than Hoolahan.

Ruddy

Martin                                                      Bassong                                                                           Yobo   Gutierrez                                                                                                           Olsson                                                                Tettey                                                                       Redmond                Howson                  Hoolahan                                                                                     Hooper                                         Guaranteed to lose with that one I think, way too much change and too much for Tettey to do ...?

For me, what this thread shows is that there is no obvious answer to the line-up on Saturday and we all have very different ideas about what should be done. So it''s vital that, whatever Adams finally decides on, we accept it and go for it and support it. 100%.

[quote user="canarybubbles"]For me, what this thread shows is that there is no obvious answer to the line-up on Saturday and we all have very different ideas about what should be done. So it''s vital that, whatever Adams finally decides on, we accept it and go for it and support it. 100%. [/quote]I''d like to think that''s a given. Neyul was the only realistic appointment the board could have made after WBA. In one stroke the divisions caused under CH now feel healed, and as others have said, it feels like we''ve got our club back.

I think we will go largely British and players that NA can trust::

Ruddy

Martin     Turner    Bennett     Olsson

Johnson

Snodgrass              Howson

Redmond                            Hoolahan

Becchio

4-3-3 formation.

Why Becchio?  Well we need to have a striker that makes life difficult for the opposition defender.  In my view, no other striker we have manages this.  Becchio will be all arms and legs, but he will compete for the ball in the air and will be able to hold it up. 

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass Howson Redmond

RVW

Bunn Bennett Whittker Hoolahan Pilkington Hooper Becchio

[quote user="Mycroft Holmes"]---------------------Ruddy-------------------- -------------------------------------------------- Martin-----Turner-----Yobo-----Olsson -------------------------------------------------- ------------Howson-----Johnson---------- -------------------------------------------------- Redmond-----Snodgrass-----Pilkington -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------RVW---------------------- With plenty of rotation and movement between Redmond, Snodrass and Pilkington as all can play anywhere along that line. Wingers with instruction to beat the full backs and put in early crosses behind the defence etc.[/quote]

Huzzah!

4-2-3-1

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Turner

CB. Bassong

RB. Martin

DM. Bradders

DM. Howson

AML. Pilks

AMC. Hoolahan

AMR. Snoddy

ST. RVW

Subs. Bunn, Whittaker, Yobo, Howson, Redmond, Murphy, Hooper

[quote user="Kelly"]Could someone tell me please how to post the emotions at the bottom of the page when you use an ipad?[/quote]The icons at the bottom have never worked. Look in the taskbar above the posting box, next to the font options, and use the pull down marked "Insert smiley"

There are too many unknowns for me, to really second guess what might happen.Pilkington, being a prime example. He has looked a shadow of his former self, has it been down to being injured, or attitude based on what he thought of Hughton?If Adams can get in their heads and instill a bit of self belief, that will be the difference.Hopefully certain players will grab the oppourtunity to impress the new manager.

Seems that a lot of people are going for Pilkington to start!

we can only guess at why he hasn''t featured recently, especially with Redmond not starting

Ruddy, Martin, Yobo, Bennett, Garrido (if olsson is injured)

Tettey, Howson, Snodgrass, Redmond, Pilkington, Hooper

with Snodgrass, Redmond & Pilkington all over the place constantly switching position

Probably not a bad thing, Olsson seems to go missing away from home, Elmander has been highly inconsistent as well.