Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Fulham v Norwich - Predictions

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Hughton was the problem though, 5 o clock saturday, you''ll see i''m right.[/quote]

I sincerely hope you''re right Jimmy.

Its that old cliche, the first goal will be so important!

If we concede first, after say 5 or 10 mins, i think our head will drop and we will lose 3-0.

But if we can keep it tight and restrict fulhams chances then who knows, maybe we could even nick all three.

I''m hoping for a west brom (a) performance rather than a west brom (h)!

How many of that Fulham side will be worried about championship football?

Woodrow would probably quite suit a season there, same with Kacaniklic. Bent will leave whatever, Roddalega would be lucky to be there next season if they stay up. Parker is getting on but he''d find a new club, he''s done it plenty of times, same with Dejagh and Mitrogolou. Holtby will go back to Spurs and potentially be ready to play more for them. Hangeland is getting on and will have fun winding down in the Champonship, same with Riise, Duff and Karagounis. Stockdale will either be back up in the prem next year or he''ll be first choice in the championship, Stekleneberg will leave no matter. Heitinga would leave abroad and find a reasonable Serie A team or something. Reither (perhaps we should look at him ;-) ) will get a move back to the top level, still has plenty to offer.

Sidwell and Richardson are probably the only two I feel will have their premiership futures massively at stake as I think they''d do fot Fulham in the premiership but wouldn''t have many suitors if Fulham went down.

I''d say for us, there''s Johnson, Howson, Snoddy, RVW, Bassong, Martin, Turner, Wes, Tettey and Hooper who all have question marks over whether they''d be back in the premiership if they went down. They would remain key players for us if we stay up though.

Interesting that many believe the combination of a resurgent Fulham, the Craven Cottage hoodoo, a defeatist Hootun hangover amongst our players and Adams inexperience at this level will conspire to have us beaten tomorrow.As has been pointed out, some of our best managers have been ''inexperienced'' at this level. Are we undervaluing the circumstances around Norwich''s FA Youth Cup win? (especially given the disparity in resources these days even at youth level ..the richer clubs can buy the top resources there too.)One of the things that always bothered me about CH, that was cherished under PL, was the apparent lack of common sense with how we set up and played a game of dynamics. How we surrendered initiative at key moments in key games. How our defensive solidity coached from the season before seemed to unravel this season with our increasing lack of confidence to score.Maybe many believe/fear that the external pundits commenting on our club are right. Just maybe Neil Adams has more about him than he is generally being given credit for?As Ricardo said, ''The bogey will continue until it stops.'' Norwich inspired by Neil Adams  might just write the script tomorrow.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Dropping one of the few players showing any passion and our one player in any scoring form seems like a sound idea.[/quote]

he would be better off in the hole behind the striker, its too predictable with him on the right wing, inverted wingers doesnt work, you dont compromise a team for one player unless its a messi/ronaldo/bale typesecondly pace is king in this division - snodgrass doesnt have any, redmond has bags of it and has a right foot, the reason the strikers havnt scored is because they havnt had any service, half the reason they dont get nay service is because the wide men are inverted and 9 times out of ten cut inside all the bloody time

I think this game has the same feeling as the 4-3 defeat at Southampton in 2005, a win for either team changes their run in completely, a draw doesn''t suit either and a defeat would be a major set back.

I''d love us to win, especially as we haven''t since beaten them at the Cottage since 1986, but I guess these things have to come to an end sooner or later.

But tomorrow I''m going for a 1-1, which in fairness is probably no good for either team. Hopefully I''m wrong though!

I know Fulham got a win against Villa but from that I saw they still didn''t look that great. Both Benteke and Agbonlahor were missing and when you play Villa those are the players you really worry about. Delph was also missing and he has been their POTS.

It''s an even bigger game for them than it us for us and if they don''t make a good start the pressure and the nerves are only going to get worse for them.

And at some point our terrible form against them has got to change for the better.

Spot on JP, they are the ones in the bottom 3, history means nothing, they need the win and will be under pressure from their expectorant fans.

My prediction is we will have a natural leader tomorrow, one who will have done everything to inspire and motivate the rest of the team amd whatever the result will leave no stone untuirned to lead the boys on through to the end of the season playing positive and entertaining football.

[quote user="Brienne"]Spot on JP, they are the ones in the bottom 3, history means nothing, they need the win and will be under pressure from their expectorant fans.[/quote]

Let''s hope their blocked up tubes helps keep the noise down at the match...................

[quote user="lincoln canary"]We''ll get easily beaten. Our players are not up to it. And the faith many are showing in Adams already is barmy.

The reality is we will not pick up another point this season. The damage was done when Hughton was left in charge after January.[/quote]

My prediction, 4-0 Fulham.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 11/04/2014 5:45 PM:

Brienne wrote:

Spot on JP, they are the ones in the bottom 3, history means nothing, they need the win and will be under pressure from their expectorant fans.

Let''s hope their blocked up tubes helps keep the noise down at the match...................

They will be spitting feathers if they lose.

I''m trying to be positive I really am but I just can''t see us getting anything.Fulham are our bogey side , we are crap away from home and they are in a bit of form so i''m afraid to say we will get beat as per usual 3-0.

New broom. Different philosophy (-that I suspect the forward players are itching to put into practice) Norwich man in charge demanding full commitment to the cause. Different methods. Shackles off ...full support. Script there to be written by those selected for the opportunity. On the ball City, nevermind the danger .... ! 3-2 Norwich

2-1 win with RVW to score a late winner, don''t know why but just got that feeling

i think we will see a similar line up to the u18s under Adams. 1 up top, most of the play through the 2 wingers (Snodgrass and Pilks with Redmond off the bench) with early balls through and into the box for Hooper (or RVW). I think the middle 3 will be tettey, Johnson and Howson with Johnson and Howson pushing forward and Tettey sitting deep. The U18s played McGeehan sitting infront of the 2 cbs, forming a triangle. As soon as 1 steps out, McGeehan would instantly drop back - they looked solid.

I just don''t know what to think.   Its totally up in the air what may happen tomorrow.  We have no idea what team we will put out or how Adams and the players will approach it and how they will react to the changes.   The only good thing is that Fulham will have no idea either.  

Total guess - 2-2

[quote user="alartz"]3-0 Fulham unfortunately[/quote]

I don''t know why you put ''unfortunately'', Alartz - I genuinely can''t remember you ever saying anything remotely positive about Norwich City Football Club - and I do mean ever.

As for the score - I have no idea what to expect, desperately hope we get the points though, but it''s going to be one tough game on their own patch.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I just don''t know what to think.   Its totally up in the air what may happen tomorrow.  We have no idea what team we will put out or how Adams and the players will approach it and how they will react to the changes.   The only good thing is that Fulham will have no idea either.  

Total guess - 2-2

[/quote]Completely agree LDC.I''m leaving for London in about an hour or so, I have no idea what to expect.OTBC

My prediction is that I will remain excited until the game starts and then I will be nervous. The feelings after that are unpredictable.

That said, I have already had more emotional responses to this game than I have had to most others this season.

4-3 Norwich

3-2 City

Shackles off so plenty of goals. We can''t be scared of Fulham or worry about what a good side the opposition are (as CH would say). We''re a good side and they need to be told to go out and show it. Settle into the game and then exploit the talents of our attacking players: Wes, Snoddy, Redmond, Howson, Hooper all capable of match winning moments. Let them play their game and we''ll see what happens. Have confidence in our back 4 and holding mid to do their job, support them in defence but please, let''s not be afraid to take the game to the opposition.