Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

New kit! New kit!!

[quote]...yellow and green are bad enough colours? i think you are following the wrong team, mate! i agree, the shirt hasn''t got my ''nads pumping just yet, i am sure it will grow on me (which would be ha...[/quote]

Yellow and Green rock! They stand out in a crowd! It''s like ''WOW!''

It''s good news we have only got it for a season. Hopefully we will bin Xara and get a decent manufacturer.

Xara is a really naff make to have. I thought that was a type of Citroen anyway?

I''m sticking with my ''72 retro shirt I think.

The kit is the part of the clubs and therefore our identity. Verdict....truly awful. Solution ditch Xsara! Outcome smart kit PLAIN YELLOW (poss retro) with no stupid design frills i.e. neck.shoulders.

I say change it now!!!

I actually think the new top is o.k. It seems a bit plain but prob has more green on the back. I agree with ditching xara and getting a better manufacturer though.

Ok, so I guess I''m in the minority here then - that''s much, much better than our current shirt, which I have never really liked at all.  Ok, the collar is a bit fussy, but the overall design is much better.

I don''t know, the team are winning, so I guess most of you lot need SOMETHING to maon about!

I think we should get Susie B in as a design consultant  - if I remember rightly she came up with a cool alternative for the away shirt.

Come on Susie - what ideas can you share? 

OTBC

I was shocked at first but I''ve warmed to it. I do like it.

As long as its yellow and green thats all that matters. Plus its only for one season isnt it?

I wanna know what the back looks like tho as well as the new goalie top. I know that will be blue and purple but has anyone got any pics? I''d really like to know what it looks like! Lol.

The goalkeepers kit was hanging in the background of the first picture showing Dean wearing the kit in the changing rooms. It looks like this picture has been cropped now and you can no longer see it! It was black (or dark blue) with red a stripe on the inside of the arm. Looked nice!

As for the Kit can''t believe the reaction against it. I love it, but then I suppose different people have different tastes. Anyway we only have it for 1 year so those who hate it don''t have to wait to long for the next 1!

ZLF - thanks for remembering my somewhat feeble attempts to design a new away kit recently.

I think the new home one has some decent design features, but I would not have shaped that swathe of green around the neck in quite the same way.  The asymmetry of it doesn''t look quite right.  That said, the rest of it is basically ok, I think...and the socks are really good.  (Could be Deano''s legs though!)  Might have to get a pair of those to wear this time around- socks I mean, not legs like Deano!!!