Sign in to follow this  
City Till I Die

I can't believe people are already blaming NA

We played a lot better today than we would have under clueless Chris.

Fulham were very lucky and didn''t deserve anything from today we were far the better team.

I''ve got a feeling we will get something from the final 4 games but it still won''t be enough.

Either way we look at it clueless would have gone at the end if the season so at least we have longer to rebuild for promotion.

I''m not a massive snodgrass fab but he played his nuts off today!

I haven''t seen anyone blaming him. Most just accepting that todays performance proved just how bad of a manager he was and that Adams while getting the tactical approach spot on, still had a disjointed, unfit squad completely drained of all confidence to work with.

Hughton is the one who screwed this club over with his negative, defeatist loser mentality and stubborn loyalty to his inept completely sh!t footballing philosophy. Maybe not quite the worst but certainly the most damaging manager we''ve ever had to suffer through

Not Adams'' fault. He tried something different, the surprise element was there in the first half and we should have had at least one goal, but then they reorganised after the break and were very difficult to break down. We had no answers. Too many times we''ve been unlucky, we can''t use that as an excuse.

No way you can blame Adams for the chronic problems this season, which is why we find ourselves where we are. Dont think Adams got anything wrong today and the performance was rousing, even if the result did not go our way. Sacking Hughton wasnt a gamble that hasnt paid off - we would have lost this game under Hughton as well, but with less effort expended

Today was the epitome of frustration however having seen the way we played today, I think we stand a far better chance of getting something from the last four games than I thought we would last week. So theres that at least.

People on here think we''re down? Could be pleasantly surprised I think

Absolutely. Adams has no blame at all. 100% of the blame goes to Hughton, who sucked the hope and the skill and the vision out of our players.

The reverse an ongoing part of the Hughton legacy he got rid of our Talisman and replaced him with a couple of expensive duds.

I think alot of it is sarcasm. No one is blaming Adams, he sent the team out today in a very attacking manner and did everything he could to get us the result we needed. He''s in an impossible position and no one will blame him if we go down. 

You cant blame him hes only had the team for one game. As others have said we would have lost under Hughton. The lads need confidence thers still 4 games to go yes they are hard but this is Premiership football so its not going to be easy. Today we were unlucky again.

[quote user="City Till I Die"]We played a lot better today than we would have under clueless Chris.

Fulham were very lucky and didn''t deserve anything from today we were far the better team.

I''ve got a feeling we will get something from the final 4 games but it still won''t be enough.

Either way we look at it clueless would have gone at the end if the season so at least we have longer to rebuild for promotion.

I''m not a massive snodgrass fab but he played his nuts off today![/quote]Exactly my feelings, right down to the Snodgrass comment- I''ve not been a fan of his but today he really played well.

No-one is blaming Adams. We had to have a right good go today, and we did for lengthy periods until we just ran out of steam.Unfortunately, we are just woefully short of finishing ability in that final third. Adams must feel like an F1 driver making his debut and being given a tricycle to ride. He can only work with what he''s been given at this late stage of the season. We all know the change needed to be made, but it''s been left far too late.Keep believing though, if you can. It feels nigh on impossible to believe we can survive, but we need to make sure we show the players we believe it next Sunday, if we''re to stand any chance of getting out of this mess.

[quote user="City Till I Die"]We played a lot better today than we would have under clueless Chris.

Fulham were very lucky and didn''t deserve anything from today we were far the better team.[/quote]We played well in a few games under Houghton but got nothing.  Curiously, that was then seen as a weakness.When you lose, it''s a results business.  When we win, it''s an entertainment business.  Funny, that.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="City Till I Die"]We played a lot better today than we would have under clueless Chris.

Fulham were very lucky and didn''t deserve anything from today we were far the better team.[/quote]We played well in a few games under Houghton but got nothing.  Curiously, that was then seen as a weakness.When you lose, it''s a results business.  When we win, it''s an entertainment business.  Funny, that.

[/quote]

We kept the ball well in those games and looked defensively sound but we have never, ever in any of Hughtons games in charge played well in an attacking sense, the gameplan never allowed for it.

Some individual brilliance in the WBA/Man City games last season was down to players performing exceptionally, it was in spite of those insipid Hughton tactics.

It''s always been a results business, but barring one run, we''ve never been a results team under Hughton. We had dire football and bad results!

I can''t imagine anybody is blaming NA, he should never have been put in such a position by McNally.

Today, despite the anticipated "bounce", saw a repeat of what we have seen time and again. A total inability to turn even one of numerous chances into goals, followed by conceding ourselves. From that point the opposition (Fulham in this case) crowd their defensive midfield and it is game over as we are clueless about breaking through.

Was the performance better than it would have been with Hughton still in place? - marginal but maybe. Would Hughton have better prepared us for the last four? - probably yes for the home games, no for the away matches.

Has McNally acquitted himself well? - no possiblies or probablies here, stitched all stakeholders (note the jargon) up a treat.

If this nightmare plays itself out as it might, please no, we could have a local derby next year. And it could be, not in Suffolk but in Cambridgeshire. A real nightmare scenario.

I havnt seen anyone blame Neil Adams, and the bottom line is, that considering how few days he had, the squad issues he would certainly have had due to the management change, how many team changes he made and having decided to go for a different system, that wasnt a bad performance.

The "bounce" though unfortunately only lasted approximately 40 minutes and the performance today deserved more and credit to the majority of the players today who put an excellent shift in and who ran Fulham in to the ground (did someone mention we were "unfit"?).