Sign in to follow this  
norwich rule

why bring on holt?

I dont know if anyone eles felt this but what was worthys reason for bringing on Holt? why put him on the right where hes played most of his football in the middle with francis? i would of took bentley off and bring on edworthy and push helveg into right midfield with edworthy right back, just a thought. Both of them can cross a ball brilliantly...when Holt crossed it, it went straight to the newcastle defender and was cleared.

what does everyone eles think?

He came on for about 10 mins and had 1 bad cross. I think bringing on a defensive midfielder is perfectly sensible, and that''s what Holt is. Your idea is also not too bad, however surely Helveg was also tired and I think it is better to have the fresher player in the midfield to cover more ground. So if Helveg moved to right wing he may have exposed the right back more because he''s not in a position to track back so much after 80 mins of a high tempo game. Just my opinion. The substitution made sense.

I agree with Marty; from a tactical point of view introducing Holt was the right move - shore up the midfield to close the game out and hold on for the 3 points.

It just didnt quite work out that way.

OTBC 

What a daft post! why doubt worthy...we won the game!

Holt is defensive minded so worthers wanted to defend the lead,something he was critiscised for not doing against palace so really he cant win can he!!

The toon and esp Robert were causing a few probs down there i feel and he was obv brought on to steady the ship.

Have you got any knowledge of football?? it crazes me when people rattle on like this when clearly its obvious why he has been brought on.To defend a lead!!

Well....i''d rather you moan on here than take it to FCR  tomorrow,so just concentrate on doing one thing-support the lads!!!

otbc

cusdp