Sign in to follow this  
Rock

35 points will keep us up

Having lost to Fulham, it now probably won''t and in any event we don''t look like getting 35 points.

Can''t say I''m overly worried about Sunderland or Cardiff, but Fulham will win at least one of their last 4 for certain. Optimistically if we can scrap a point from the last 4 somewhere we might just survive on goal difference, but I really don''t see it at this point. Against Liverpool we need to go 6 at the back, with Olsson and Martin raiding forward as wingbacks, 3 in the middle of the park and Hooper up front on his own. No chance at all of a win, best we can hope for is to get a point, and the only way we have any chance of forcing a 0-0 is to completely blockade the goal and go route 1 the instant we get the ball.

... and if the bottom 3 all lose their remaining fixtures we''ll stay up! Yeah right.This has been coming a long long time in fact when Hughton joined the club.Adams is the appointed fall guy with relegation on his CV, but its not his fault, much like Megson when dopey Deehan sleptwalk us down the drain.

Agreed, it''s looking like we need another point to have a glimmer of hope of staying up on goal difference. That''s assuming Fulham get three points from their remaining four games.... for what it''s worth, I think they will get more. But if they do only get three, as we are on -27 and they are on -40, a 13 goal swing could be tight...

[quote user="Rufus Smalls"]Agreed, it''s looking like we need another point to have a glimmer of hope of staying up on goal difference. That''s assuming Fulham get three points from their remaining four games.... for what it''s worth, I think they will get more. But if they do only get three, as we are on -27 and they are on -40, a 13 goal swing could be tight...[/quote]Don''t worry Liverpool will help Fulham out.