Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Martin, Barnett, Kamara, Ward, Tierney

Ayala, Butterfield, Adeyemi, Smith, Vaughan.If we''d have been relegated last season we''d have had plenty of good Championship players at the club.This season we are going to watch an expensive squad dismantled, and Championship signings arrive. If anybody thinks we will get away with keeping players like Fer and Bassong on parachute payments then they are seriously deluded.We are going to find ourselves coming up against some good former City players and wishing we still had them. One of the biggest disasters has probably been the pace at which Hughton has wanted to dismantle the squad and replace it with his own players, because we are going to have to do the exact same thing next season.Particularly in the striking department. There is probably a chance that we will keep Hooper but Elmander and RVW will be gone (good riddance to both), Becchio probably doesn''t want to stay. We are going to have to sign two or three strikers for next season, and will they be any better than Martin, Vaughan, and Kamara?At centre back we will be losing Bassong and Yobo, Turner will only stay if we agree a new contract (doesn''t look forthcoming?). We will probably keep Ryan Bennett, Russell Martin if we can keep hold of Whittaker, but will new arrivals be any better than Barnett and Ward?Hughton has felt it necessary to bring in not one but two left backs. I hope we''d be able to keep hold of one of them, but both probably on big wonga, so we need one of those. Tierney is a good player at that level.In a way I wish we''d just gone down in Hughton''s first season, with a realistic and sustainable squad, without having to watch rats jumping the sinking ship and people like Van Wolfswinkel being written off for a huge loss.Grant Holt on loan next season anybody?

Why would McCormack make a sideways move? I am excited to see what Carlton Morris and jamar loza are made of. Then we go with becchio and Hooper. Ditch Dogsdick.

Who the hell is going to take RVW off our hands?

And Bassong the relegation expert.

Turner will not re sign he will get another job probably with newly promoted team.

Olsson good enough for Premier but went down with Blackburn and stayed might stay for a season.

We will need to offload but given how well they have played this season their stock is not the highest and we will be stuck with them including Whittaker.

Except Bunn and Turner whole squad will be under contract.

Jeez. Dooms day is four games away. Lighten up. Your brain says we are already down. A sensible brain would realise there are four games left. Barnett, Ward and Tierney cant save us now.

[quote user="Juggy"]Ayala, Butterfield, Adeyemi, Smith, Vaughan.If we''d have been relegated last season we''d have had plenty of good Championship players at the club.This season we are going to watch an expensive squad dismantled, and Championship signings arrive. If anybody thinks we will get away with keeping players like Fer and Bassong on parachute payments then they are seriously deluded.We are going to find ourselves coming up against some good former City players and wishing we still had them. One of the biggest disasters has probably been the pace at which Hughton has wanted to dismantle the squad and replace it with his own players, because we are going to have to do the exact same thing next season.Particularly in the striking department. There is probably a chance that we will keep Hooper but Elmander and RVW will be gone (good riddance to both), Becchio probably doesn''t want to stay. We are going to have to sign two or three strikers for next season, and will they be any better than Martin, Vaughan, and Kamara?At centre back we will be losing Bassong and Yobo, Turner will only stay if we agree a new contract (doesn''t look forthcoming?). We will probably keep Ryan Bennett, Russell Martin if we can keep hold of Whittaker, but will new arrivals be any better than Barnett and Ward?Hughton has felt it necessary to bring in not one but two left backs. I hope we''d be able to keep hold of one of them, but both probably on big wonga, so we need one of those. Tierney is a good player at that level.In a way I wish we''d just gone down in Hughton''s first season, with a realistic and sustainable squad, without having to watch rats jumping the sinking ship and people like Van Wolfswinkel being written off for a huge loss.Grant Holt on loan next season anybody?[/quote]Yesterday...All your troubles seemed so far awayNow it looks as though they''re here to stayOh I believe inBlaming Houghton or the board

[quote user="pete"]Who the hell is going to take RVW off our hands?

And Bassong the relegation expert.

Turner will not re sign he will get another job probably with newly promoted team.

Olsson good enough for Premier but went down with Blackburn and stayed might stay for a season.

I would expect that both Fer/Van Wank Wank will both go on season long loans.

I think Ruddy might also go to a newly promoted side.

We will need to offload but given how well they have played this season their stock is not the highest and we will be stuck with them including Whittaker.

Except Bunn and Turner whole squad will be under contract.[/quote]

In contrast to Lambert auctioning off Cody MacDonald to the highest bidder, we don''t seem to have received much when players have left.