Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I AM GLAD YOU ALL FEEL CHEATED AND DISAPPOINTED.

Because if Hughton had been in charge you would be feeling let down and gutted by a lacklustre display with no effort to have a go and no pride in the badge.

Instead we are cursing our luck and feeling we didn''t get WHAT WE DESERVED. Last week we got exactly what we deserved.

Heads must not drop. We must not feel sorry for ourselves. This was a PERFORMANCE. We have had few enough of them and we have to play four more games.

If the media want to make this an issue over sacking a lousy manager they can go fuck themselves.

Agree with everything you said there. This defeat was not our fault today and more importantly we never gave up like we did every time we conceded under Hughton.

That arsehole of a club Fulham have some sort of curse over us. We played well and were set up correctly but the ball was never gonna find the back of the net. It''s kinda nice to be angry and gutted after a defeat for once instead of depressed and devoid of hope like it was under Hughton

Spot on Rudolph. A different approach from Adams from his outlook, press conferences, team selection and subs that resulted in a much better performance from the team. Couldn''t fault the effort put in.That effort (and a slice of luck) may well get us something in the next four. Might still not be enough though.

Yep- fair point.I feel flat and sad about the fact that we''re probably going down but it was 88 minutes before I felt we couldn''t pull it back. Under Hughton when Stockdale saved from RVW I''d have been thinking ''game over''.

Ahh, the eternal optimist. Good on you.I agree, there was a lot more commitment. Sadly not too much quality, even less in the way of confidence.

Different approach, but same problems and result. If CH did exactly what Adams did today then how good the performance was would not be mentioned. We were dominant in the first period which is not a new thing against teams in and around us, we just could not recover from conceding against the run of play. A problem which surfaced under CH.

I''m not knocking the board, Adams or defending Hughton, I am just trying to be objective. It was just a different way of doing the same thing today, and it will take time for an attacking mind set to take hold after so long playing the way we have been.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Instead we are cursing our luck and feeling we didn''t get WHAT WE DESERVED.[/quote]We also didn''t get what we deserved at Cardiff and West Ham away, but the manager was vilified. If Hughton''s team had played against Fulham like those two games, the same people would have shouted him down.I''m not disagreeing with the decision to replace CH, as the no shows away to Soton and Swansea suggested he had to go. But maybe we''re simply not as good as we all thought we were.

We were the better side for the first half, but only really had the two chances for RVW and Johnson, other than that didn''t create all too much. Arguably the choice of leaving out Yobo and/or Bassong cost us - Rodallega outmuscled us quite a lot, and Martin was all over the place with his marking for their goal.

Second half, how many times did we get the ball into their box in the last 10 or 15 minutes? How many saves did Stockdale have to make?

We looked like we wanted to pass it around a bit more, but we were not good enough in the final third, neither in creating or finishing chances.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]Ahh, the eternal optimist. Good on you.[/quote]"Eternal" is pushing it.  Didn''t see a lot of optimism from Rudolph under Houghton.

Had we played like this in a few more of our away performances this season and took the game to the opposition we probably would be a few places higher up the league and a more confident team of players-the change should have come sooner.