Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

The board have to take full responsibility

99% of the fans could see just how poor Hughton was and how wrong things were with the team under him. It was so, so obvious. Not getting rid of him after the Man City game was as poor a decision as any our boards have ever made.

Their blind loyalty to such a crap manager has cost us so dearly.

I''ve just posted something very similar.... the blame lies with the board. It wasn''t Hughton''s job to sack himself.

it was yet another case of nice ''little ol'' norwich''

the club was afraid of losing face, they were scared of the media backlash for sacking the nice black manager (which we have had anyway in recent days)pathetic, so many people could see it coming

[quote user="Juggy"]I''ve just posted something very similar.... the blame lies with the board. It wasn''t Hughton''s job to sack himself. [/quote]
If he had an integrity like Holloway, then he should have walked around christmas. From this I decided he isn''t as nice as he is made out to be. A decent man would have stepped down.

Holloway offered his resignation, which was accepted.A manager can''t just walk away from a contract, just like a club cannot without paying compensation.How do you know that if Hughton tendered his resignation it would have been accepted? Didn''t we reject Lambert''s resignation?If Hughton resigned his position he could then find himself in a position whereas he wouldn''t be able to take employment until the period of his contract had elapsed, if his resignation was not welcomed by the club.Things are not that black and white in football SeattleCanary.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]They have let us down again. A very familiar feeling over the last 20 years.[/quote]

Why don''t you buy them out then????? Come on Mr Big Stuff, put your money where your mouth is.

Mr Big Stuff? Is that you Jean? 20 years of a lack of investment in the

playing squad. Dragging the club to it''s lowest depths in 50 years. One

terrible managerial appointment after another. I''d suggest Lambert has

been their only success in all their time here (Worthington, as we know,

was appointed on the cheap, and thus a complete fluke). And even when

they did finally get it right, they didn''t give the man, who they owed everything

to, what he required to keep him here. When we went from Chase to Delia

it was a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire i''m afraid.

Really? Well when Chase legged it we were in a real pickle and languishing amongst the dead men of the Championship. But in the years since then we''ve had four seasons in the prem and 3 successful seasons outside the prem. Just take a look at the dead men around us when Chase bolted and see if they''ve had anything like that much success. Including those who got that much yearned for investment the likes of you craved. I expect it was all luck....

[quote user="Juggy"]How do you know that if Hughton tendered his resignation it would have been accepted? Didn''t we reject Lambert''s resignation?[/quote]
Yes, but Lambert was actually successful... and liked by the fans (at the time).... and capable of winning games.

I am finding it difficult to accept most of the criticism in this thread and have a feeling that if we had got a result today such animosity would be absent.

Our board of directors are amongst the best and I have never been a happy clappy but rather a somewhat realistic individual who happens to approve of the way our Club is run, through thick and thin.

Sorry.

The board made a huge mistake at the beginning of the season by not managing fans expectations. By saying they were looking for an improvement on what was one of most successful years in the history of NCFC was ludicrous.

Anybody with any sense of realism knows we are a bottom six side with bottom six players and a bottom six budget.

I do not think the board have anything to answer for except for the first comment above.

I can imagine now that as we continue to loose matches this forum will start on the board. Fortunately they will not be hounded out.

Get a grip people . We have had 5 great years and, if we do go down, I pray for a trip to wembley in a playoff final to bury the ghost of Birmingham in Cardiff. I cried that day.

Not ludicrous to allow the manager to spend 23 million quid and expect an improvement. With hindsight, that''s ludicrous how we spent that money.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Mr Big Stuff? Is that you Jean? 20 years of a lack of investment in the

playing squad. Dragging the club to it''s lowest depths in 50 years. One

terrible managerial appointment after another. I''d suggest Lambert has

been their only success in all their time here (Worthington, as we know,

was appointed on the cheap, and thus a complete fluke). And even when

they did finally get it right, they didn''t give the man, who they owed everything

to, what he required to keep him here. When we went from Chase to Delia

it was a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire i''m afraid.[/quote]

Blah blah blah blah...I want more but I don''t want to pay for it. Can you find an owner who is willing to piss more of their own money up the wall than ours have done? Can you find an owner that is infallible? If the answer is no the your only choice is to raise the money and buy the club yourself, otherwise do be quiet about the board and just remember to say thank you occasionally.