Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

NORWICH CITY TEAM TODAY v. FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Of course we weren''t unlucky, we didn''t score and we didm''t defend well enough. Hughton got us into the is ''must win game''. who knows if he would have got any points from this game. I don''t know and you don''t know. But it was obviously the wrong decision to replace him with Adams (as the game plan showed, we were ineffective in the second half) as he lost.[/quote]

So the new manager loses 1 game with an inherited squad of players utterly devoid of confidence, fitness and with their tactical ability surgically removed and that makes it instantly the wrong decision.

Get your head out of your backside man and look around you. The undebatable facts are the team played well and with a freedom we have not seen in an age. We created a good number of chances, but a shot-shy strikeforce was unable to capitalise. The undebatable fact is that this does not make it necessarily the wrong decision to appoint Adams. Don''t confuse your opinion with fact

So Mrs,

Are you changing your stance, are you now saying it was the wrong decision to get Adams in but the right one to get Hughton out?

----------------------------------------

I''m not sure Ray, I think, like most people, if Hughton was going to go, it should have been a long time a go, not with 5 games to go, because like one poster says, who is going to come in with 5 games to go. We decided to sack him before the biggest game of the season, i guess to get a bit of a buzz back, but you then have to appoint the right manager. From this result, the answer is that Adams was the wrong choice (not only shown by the result, but by the naive tactics). Again, its not clear if it was right or wrong to sack hughton at this time, but that it was wrong to appoint Adams.

I also feel emotionless about the whole thing, having spent the last 3-4 months expecting relegation, and I am not overreacting like all those who''s OTT positivity with regards to the Adams appointment had them expecting big wins today, RVW scoring, and a whole host of unrealistic things!

The fact is, we can''t blame Hughton now, he''s gone. It''s all very well people saying he left us with this mess - no - the board did by not sacking him. It was Adams responsibility to win the game today. The board *clearly* made this decision hoping for "new manager syndrome" to kick in and it has backfired spectacularly.

That''s it for us.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I also feel emotionless about the whole thing, having spent the last 3-4 months expecting relegation, and I am not overreacting like all those who''s OTT positivity with regards to the Adams appointment had them expecting big wins today, RVW scoring, and a whole host of unrealistic things!

The fact is, we can''t blame Hughton now, he''s gone. It''s all very well people saying he left us with this mess - no - the board did by not sacking him. It was Adams responsibility to win the game today. The board *clearly* made this decision hoping for "new manager syndrome" to kick in and it has backfired spectacularly.

That''s it for us.[/quote]
Easy to say that the board should have sacked him but Hughton should have shown a bit of integrity and resigned. There was no way in hell he was going to keep us up. The board should have acted, but equally, when they didn''t Hughton should have.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]So Mrs,

Are you changing your stance, are you now saying it was the wrong decision to get Adams in but the right one to get Hughton out?

----------------------------------------

I''m not sure Ray, I think, like most people, if Hughton was going to go, it should have been a long time a go, not with 5 games to go, because like one poster says, who is going to come in with 5 games to go. We decided to sack him before the biggest game of the season, i guess to get a bit of a buzz back, but you then have to appoint the right manager. From this result, the answer is that Adams was the wrong choice (not only shown by the result, but by the naive tactics). Again, its not clear if it was right or wrong to sack hughton at this time, but that it was wrong to appoint Adams.[/quote]How the bloody hell can you say that. Today I thought we played with heart, the result was not as bad as we would have got with C.H.As for tactics, its the best i seen them play for 2 years !!!! If only Wolfies shot had gone in.

[quote user="kick it off"]
Easy to say that the board should have sacked him but Hughton should have shown a bit of integrity and resigned. There was no way in hell he was going to keep us up. The board should have acted, but equally, when they didn''t Hughton should have.
[/quote]
This.
I just said something similar on another thread.

I don''t think i''m confusing my opinion with fact (forgive me if i am). The reason why it was the wrong appointment is only a conclusion that you can make in hindsight. We lost the game. Hughton may have won the game. Hughton may have drawn the game. Hughton may have lost the game.

Imagine (with hughton still in charge), you saw into the future, to this result and we lost. Therefore you sack hughton and get someone in. That someone is Adams.

You get Adams in and like today, he loses. Therefore the board have made the wrong appointment.

If anyone can explain why i''m wrong in a better way other that ''hughton got us into this mess'' i would like to hear it. In what way was Adams'' appointment the right hing to do with 5 games to go.

Its the same if Adams manages keeps us up, it would be the right decision to have appointed him

From reading the arguments here, it seems as though all you''re saying is that ''oh well hughton would have lost 3-0''

I''m afraid i don''t see how any rational person can resect this opinion. Who knows? We were terrible away from home under Hughton, but does that mean therefore that we certainly would have lost this game?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]From reading the arguments here, it seems as though all you''re saying is that ''oh well hughton would have lost 3-0''

I''m afraid i don''t see how any rational person can resect this opinion. Who knows? We were terrible away from home under Hughton, but does that mean therefore that we certainly would have lost this game?[/quote]
We were more positive than the dross we saw at Swansea and Southampton. Fulham only had 2 shots on target i believe, and we were desperately unlucky not to score at least one goal. I fail to see how todays approach and performance wasn''t an upgrade on what Hughton dished up. Without bringing in any new players no manager could do any more than what Neil has done. Effort and desire we haven''t seen for months. If you cannot see that, and think Hughton would have done better, or even more ludicrous, that another manager would have been available for just 5 games who was better, you really are a fool. You''re looking a fool right now on here.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I don''t think i''m confusing my opinion with fact (forgive me if i am). The reason why it was the wrong appointment is only a conclusion that you can make in hindsight. We lost the game. Hughton may have won the game. Hughton may have drawn the game. Hughton may have lost the game.

Imagine (with hughton still in charge), you saw into the future, to this result and we lost. Therefore you sack hughton and get someone in. That someone is Adams.

You get Adams in and like today, he loses. Therefore the board have made the wrong appointment.

If anyone can explain why i''m wrong in a better way other that ''hughton got us into this mess'' i would like to hear it. In what way was Adams'' appointment the right hing to do with 5 games to go.

Its the same if Adams manages keeps us up, it would be the right decision to have appointed him[/quote]
You completely undermine your point here. The truth is it''s too early to judge whether Adams appointment was right or wrong in the context of who was available. You can''t say "It was the wrong decision" because firstly, you don''t know how anyone else would have done, in exactly the same way you are saying no-one can say it was the right decision. Secondly you can''t say "It was the wrong decision" then go on to contradict yourself by saying "but if he keeps us up it was right". That''s a ridiculous statement. Well it was definitely wrong, but it might have been right. You are certainly confusing fact and opinion as the fact cannot change. If it was the wrong decision, it was the wrong decision, you can''t just say it was the wrong one unless it proves to have been the right one.

If the decision was a simple choice between keeping Hughton, or sacking him and replacing him with Adams then undoubtedly the latter was the right choice. We would have rolled over and died today, probably getting hammered in the process if we had stuck with Hughton... and no that is not undeniable fact, but it is a logical conclusion based on all reasonable and relevant information and evidence, such as two years worth of watching the team rolling over and dying away from home. 

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 12/04/2014 5:31 PM:

From reading the arguments here, it seems as though all you''re saying is that ''oh well hughton would have lost 3-0''

I''m afraid i don''t see how any rational person can resect this opinion. Who knows? We were terrible away from home under Hughton, but does that mean therefore that we certainly would have lost this game?

What have you seen from the 7 consecutive away defeats under hughton conceding 20 goals and only scoring 4 that suggests that this would have been any different?

How were we unlucky? we didn''t take our chances and defended horribly for their goal.

We hit the bar and we showed a lot of energy in the first half, but we weren''t unlucky

Well Felix has just said on sky that Norwich were the better team and that Fulham were lucky to win. Dont let the reality influence your shocking anti management agenda though.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How were we unlucky? we didn''t take our chances and defended horribly for their goal.

We hit the bar and we showed a lot of energy in the first half, but we weren''t unlucky[/quote]
Name me the last time we had more possession away from home, more shots, and restricted the home team to little chances? Pray do f*cking tell.... Idiot.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"] The fact is, we can''t blame Hughton now, he''s gone.  [/quote]

I will be blaming him quite a bit. He failed to address long standing and obvious problems and seems to have spent a lot of money on the wrong players.

I agree with what your saying kick it off (apart from the last paragraph, where you assume we would have lost by even more, which may have been the case, we don''t know.)

The statements I have made in this thread are premature. Whether he was the wrong appointment will depend on if he keeps us up.

The real tragedy here is that an inept manager and coaching team will escape a relegation on their cv. Hughton and his clueless idiots have got away lightly. I pity the club where he goes next. What a nice guy though!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"] The fact is, we can''t blame Hughton now, he''s gone.  [/quote]

I will be blaming him quite a bit. He failed to address long standing and obvious problems and seems to have spent a lot of money on the wrong players.

[/quote]
Ditto. Hughton owns a massive portion of the blame. That''s like saying "Well, you can''t blame Hitler for WW2 as he''s dead now". Absolutely Zero sense to that statement that we can''t blame Hughton.

Mrs,

We could have put a dream team in charge, Mourinho, supported by Alf Ramsey (and yes I know he;s dead) and I think they would have achieved no more than Adams did in his first game. I thought we showed much more intent but to turn a team round in 5 days, a team that was on the floor and had no faith in Hughton, and hadn''t for a while, would have been nigh on impossible. So all things considered I''m not sure it really mattered who was in charge the simple fact that Hughton wasn''t made for a better performance, although of course this cannot be proved, it is just a theory.

However, if the boys can keep the imrpovement going for the next 4 games (hopefully exponentially) then we will pick up points,

SeattleCanary wrote the following post at 12/04/2014 5:40 PM:

Name me the last time we had more possession away from home, more shots, and restricted the home team to little chances? Pray do f*cking tell.... Idiot.

-----------------

I don''t know what you point is? Are you saying because we had more possession, we deserve to win. Have you seen swansea this season, for example? They have all the possession in the world, but they look ineffective. Or are you saying, because we''ve had more possession away from him than we have previously, we deserve to win.?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Ditto. Hughton owns a massive portion of the blame. That''s like saying "Well, you can''t blame Hitler for WW2 as he''s dead now". Absolutely Zero sense to that statement that we can''t blame Hughton.

[/quote]

Oh yes of course it''s just like that isn''t it!

Would you leave your £1m+ a year job voluntarily? Especially as crowd pressure only came in the last game he was in charge of, due to the NCFC fans not showing their true feelings collectively soon enough.  

Face it, the board screwed up.

We''re first on MOTD tonight. I bet Savage, Shearer and co can''t wait to tell us all how we got what we deserved for sacking such a lovely man in Chris Hughton.That would be the single positive from going down actually - not having to hear those tóssers belittle us every week.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]SeattleCanary wrote the following post at 12/04/2014 5:40 PM:

-----------------

I don''t know what you point is? Are you saying because we had more possession, we deserve to win. Have you seen swansea this season, for example? They have all the possession in the world, but they look ineffective. Or are you saying, because we''ve had more possession away from him than we have previously, we deserve to win.?[/quote]
I spell it out for you. You cannot expect anyone to come in as a new manager and gain instant success. However, today was an improvement on what we have seen over the course of months under the previous manager. There is no doubt Hughton should have been sacked, and with your whining I fail to see who else you expected to come in with 5 games to go? At least with Hughton gone we did ourselves some credit, instead of rolling over and giving up. It was an improvement, and in as little as 5 days.
I don''t think you know what you want or what you expected. With this team we clearly aren''t guaranteed a win, but at least we saw some effort. We wouldn''t be 17th if we fought for every game like that this season.

no i watched it on a stream, didn''t go to the game today (although i was expecting too)

It seamed to me that we looked good in the first half and should have scored not one, but perhaps two. Then second half, we looked like we ran out of steam. Like most people, i don''t like to be criticised so i would be intrigued to know your views on the game and how you saw a different game to me.

Haven''t posted before but felt today might be the appropriate time.

I won''t go over the whole Hughton thing. It''s pointless. I will only comment on what I saw today and my opinion of it and others comments.

I think it solely boils down to that we don''t have enough if any real premiership quality in our side.

I don''t think we were unlucky today. If you have the chance to score and don''t, how can that be unlucky.

The formation was different today but the performance just the same. Missing chances and no idea how to break down a defence.

Only Snodgrass and Ruddy looked Prem quality today. Too many like Redmond and Hoolahan do it now and again and that is all that many remember but it doesn''t make them Prem quality.

Too many seem to think that this is the best squad in our history but to be honest, I think the current line up are simply ordinary and not good enough.

That coupled with poor imagination and tactics has led to our current situation.

I don''t mind what league we play in but it has to be entertaining and attacking for me. And I think the majority of supporters are like minded.

So if we stay up then we as a club will need a new progressive, unafraid management team and a squad of players good enough to implement the management decisions on the pitch.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh yes of course it''s just like that isn''t it!

Would you leave your £1m+ a year job voluntarily? Especially as crowd pressure only came in the last game he was in charge of, due to the NCFC fans not showing their true feelings collectively soon enough.  

Face it, the board screwed up.

[/quote]

I''m not saying the board haven''t screwed up so I haven''t got anything to "face".

Just saying that, in my eyes, Hughton takes a lot of the blame. Got too many big things wrong.