Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

The Leeds three

I must admit a sinking feeling when the team was announced

Have we ever won a game with the Leeds three in midfield together?

Any two sort of works but all three seems to have a detrimental effect.

PS anybody got anything to prove this feeling wrong?

I can''t see how Snodgrass could have done any more today. OK he fluffed a corner, but he covered every blade of grass and completed som wonderful backtracking when his team mates lost the ball. I would love to see how far he ran today - he gave hius al, again. Might not be the best technically, but you can''t fault his commitment. As for the other two, BJ is/was never a premier league starter, and JH had another off day a bit liker last week''s. Just my opinion.we also need to lose this leeds thing - they are all Norwich players now!

I almost forgot Howson was on the pitch before he was subbed. Snodgrass had a good game I thought, and at least looked like he cared - where certain others (Fer especially) seemed to be going through the motions, Snodgrass was sprinting back and flinging himself into challenges and seemed to be the only one who was trying to add some urgency and drive to the side.

BJ is what he is, puts in a good tackle but that''s about all you can expect. The sitter he missed from the corner in the first half was especially poor, but I don''t think he was particularly bad overall.

But I think that''s most of the problem this season. There are too many players who are ''not particularly bad'' individually but just aren''t really good enough to win you games in the prem.

The bj howson combination is very poor for us, heavily defeat weighted.

Howson was badly misplaced today, did not fit in that position formation at all. Bizzarely he was taken off just as he was increasingly influential. As for bj his passing was poor as usual and no win tackles is embarrassing. Why he was not taken off and howson put deep continues to elude me as does any universe where bj starts ahead of Tettey.

Snoddy should plenty of guts but very low quality as with howson he was in the wrong place.

The quickeradams sussed that fer Tettey howson is the key the better. It''s the only midfield combo that works for us

Them, redderz and snoddy wide feeding a lone striker remains our best approach, our best players in best formation in theit best positions. May not be enough but the best we have.

Howson and Snodgrass are worth their places because they are good on the ball.

Johnson isn''t good on the ball and doesn''t make up for it with what he offers off it. He might be a trier but he''s a weak link.

I''ve mentioned before they don''t work together.

After all, a midfield of Korey Smith, Simon Lappin, Wes Hoolahan & Antony Macnamee out shone the Leeds three in league one! Yet we bought there midfield as an upgrade?!?

Seriously though Snoddy and Howson are good enough for this level, al be it only just. They will be dynamite in the championship if they act professional and keep there heads out of there arse.

BJ on the other hand, really does fall short. Not even close to being good enough at this level.