Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Huckerby and Ashton on top !

Since Matias Johnson did Well on the left on Wednesday; why not use Huckerby alongside Ashton on top on Saturday ? What a pair of strikers !!

I understand the need for using a quality player like Huckerby in the midfield, but he is realy a striker - and a right-footed one !

Anyone agree ?

Here´s a quote from BBC: Norwich will give a late fitness test to Darren Huckerby, who has been struggling to shake off a virus and an ankle problem.

Let s hope that means he will be fit.

And rgrd. McKenzie: I agree, he has been really good, but perhaps to come on i the second half when the two others have tired out the legs of the defense ?

I''ve agreed all season but to be fair while Leons touch, passing and ability to remain onside remains frustrating & despressing at times he is linking up well with Deano and he has remembered where the net is, earlier in the season he was missing shearer type chances.

While we are winning and scoring relatively freely why change the forward line?

OTBC

Hucks is doubtful with ankle injury and virus. I thought jonson did well when he came on but i''d rather hucks plays on the left with leon and deano up front. if it aint broke don''t fix it.

*shakes his head in disbelief*

McKenzie has scored five in the last ten. Ashton has scored six in the last ten.

And you lot are seriously suggesting changing the partnership?!?

Half of those 12 goals have been set up by Hucks anyway. Don''t change a winning team

sorry rob, but what games have you watching, are you sure its norwich or not just your ps2?

i think we played well with out huckerby on wednesday night. i thought Huckerby being to far forward made us weaker down the left. Carr was constantly getting forward.Jonson came on and done a brill job. why drop mckensie when finally wev found a great striking partnership. thats my opinion i just think that we have shown that were not a one man team and can play with out Huckerby.

Hucks, as good as he is, must share the blame of missed chances this year.

When you compare his chance/goal ratio its quite poor compared to Leon and Deano.

In a lot of ways Deanos last 3 goals have been nothing but half chances he turned into great finishes.

Both headers were not clear cut and his solo run at palace was all his doing.

The real shame is if we had a better defence then hucks given a more free style role could be devestating sitting behind the front 2.

I can only dream of a solid 7 mid/def unit tracking with Hucks free style and Deano and Leon up front.

The amazing thing is when we are behind we tend to play like that anyway.

The real shame is I think we are very close to being a very good (young) side.

Great idea Rob, why not drop that Safri and young Shackell too and bring back Holt and Charlton.

Yours sincerely,

Bryan Robson 

[quote]Hucks, as good as he is, must share the blame of missed chances this year. When you compare his chance/goal ratio its quite poor compared to Leon and Deano. In a lot of ways Deanos last 3 goals have...[/quote]

How do you work that one out USA ? ......   Mackenzie , as the selected " striker "  has lost the plot in the box all season !   ..... generally speaking  if the ball was put at his feet  you would bet that he would kick it  everywhichway but between the posts ! ....  Hucks has been CONSISTANTLY  putting  accurate  crosses  into the penalty area , only to see them CONSISTANTLY wasted ... and thats one of the reasons we`re in a relegation battle !....  Frankly  , I`m wondering why  these " strikers "  have waited until  the situations became desperate before they pull their fingers out ?   and that goes for  all the " injured " who have suddenly  recovered at the arse end of the season ........  you would have to be a bit naive if you  didn`t wonder  why !! 

Whatever ...  if its working now , then let it happen