Sign in to follow this  
Carrow Road

Every body's writing us off....

But, Swansea/westbrom/villa still are not out of this yet! There are still a selection of 6/7 teams who could be relegated. Every one is looking at out run in but have they looked at swanseas? There is a possibility they may only pick up a couple of points, same with villa!

We can beat Liverpool, we are not out of this yet, stranger things have happened this season and all I know is that next Sunday I will be waking up with 1000 times more optimism after yesterday''s performance. And if we do go down, is it a disaster? Probably not in comparison to other teams that may get relegated. We are financially stable, have a fantastic youth setup, and in Neil Adams have the perfect manager to pick us back up and get us back to where we belong. It''s not all doom and gloom... We can hammer these scousers and I hope it''s down to us why they don''t win the title!

The saddest part is that some of our own supporters, or should I say spectators are writing us off as well.

I am expecting us to fight this out till the end with or without some of the spineless spectators, and retain our place in the PL

Its now a 3 team shoot out and its anyones guess how it will pan out. We have the points advantage but without doubt the harder run in. There is no reason why we cant take something from Liverpool at home, we have had many great results at home against the big clubs and at this stage a point, like we git to Man City would be priceless. The same applies to United away who may well be without Persie and Rooney. Arsenal at home looks to be our best chance of 3 points and I wouldnt bet against us getting them. Chelsea away i have to write off but you never know.

[quote user="Brienne"]The saddest part is that some of our own supporters, or should I say spectators are writing us off as well.

I am expecting us to fight this out till the end with or without some of the spineless spectators, and retain our place in the PL[/quote]

Nice one, am in full agreement. Absolutely ridiculous those supporters writing us off and just rolling over to the ''big boys'' without so much as a whimper - how many times have we got results before against them? = well, quite a lot!.

Really looking forward to the run in, we''ll be shaping the outcome of the title as much as the relegation spots, and I like what I saw from Neil Adams so have much renewed confidence now.

The funny thing is, having such a tough run in will make sure we''re on our toes and up for it - Fulham would be foolish to get complacent against the likes of Palace, Hull etc - it could cost them and I could see them getting only 2 more draws in those fixtures for sure.

Nowhere near out of this yet, bring it on!.

I believe Fulham will struggle to get the 3 points they will need to overtake City with their goal difference. Our goal difference will probably take a hammering in last 4 fixtures. But Fulham may have won last 2 but who did they beat Villa missing Benteke and Agbonlahor and Norwich away from Carrow Rd. Their remaning fixtures are against much better teams and are rubbish at home.

Saying that Cardiff''s run in looks easier and after yesterday are more of a threat to our survival.

I''ve been saying it for a while now but I honestly believe we will get a win at home to arsenal! Hope we can nick a point at home to Liverpool too! Anyone can beat anybody in the EPL!

COYY

Nowhere near out of this yet, bring it on!.

Exactly my feelings this morning. 4 cup finals where the stakes at both ends couldn''t be higher. Cup final atmospheres are needed for these games. We have beaten these before and we can again. Cardiff and Fulham are where they are for a reason, like us they don''t get many points so there is nothing to suggest that will change now. 3 more points for us leaves Fulham needing 6 and Cardiff needing 9, as long as our GD is better, that''s a big task.

I''m not writing us off, but as each "must win" game slips by I can''t help thinking about the scenario of having to beat Arsenal on the last day of the season for a slim chance of staying up.Which in turn makes me think of the last time we were relegated from the Premiership, where we were actually everyones favourite of the relegation threatened teams to stay up.All we needed was a result at Fulham.....So, I''m not writing us off, however....

The pressure is probably off now in some ways. No one expects us to get anything in the media etc and all these pundits think we''re dead and buried. Even the majority of our own fans think we''re gone so maybe now is the best time to play with a bit of freedom and you can be sure we won''t give up until the last kick of the last game. Not with old Neil in charge who bleeds yellow.

It''s going to take a hell of a performance somewhere yes, but maybe just ONE BIG PERFORMANCE and we could do it. Like others have said, Cardiff were ''gone'' as were Fulham not that long ago and the likes of Swansea, Villa etc were ''definitely safe'', but they''ve all been dragged back into it.

We have the toughest fixtures..but sometimes, just sometimes, those are the ones where you get the dream performance and that bit of luck to go on and win and surprise people.

Everyone is expecting a 5-0 win for Liverpool against us..I''ve seen them play West Ham and Cardiff and they were lucky in many ways to win. We may get battered, but the game hasn''t been played yet so let''s just sit back for now and see how this plays out when the time comes

There is a huge amount of pressure on Liverpool and on Brendan, they are going to have a slip up before the season has finished, maybe next weekend.

[quote user="morty"]I''m not writing us off, but as each "must win" game slips by I can''t help thinking about the scenario of having to beat Arsenal on the last day of the season for a slim chance of staying up.Which in turn makes me think of the last time we were relegated from the Premiership, where we were actually everyones favourite of the relegation threatened teams to stay up.All we needed was a result at Fulham.....So, I''m not writing us off, however....[/quote]

I can totally understand that Mark. A win and a draw would obviously see our goal difference improve slightly, leaving Fulham and Cardiff to better 6 points from final 4 - therefore could both win 1, draw 2 and lose just 1- leaving us staying up. Not nice to suggest but an injury or banning to Suarez or Sturridge in today''s high pressure game would definitely give us a boost next week, but I think Carrow Rd will be in full voice next Sunday anyway - and that makes a big difference to the lads. Let''s hope Liverpools run ends next week and not today!.

[quote user="York Canary"]

The pressure is probably off now in some ways. No one expects us to get anything in the media etc and all these pundits think we''re dead and buried. Even the majority of our own fans think we''re gone so maybe now is the best time to play with a bit of freedom and you can be sure we won''t give up until the last kick of the last game. Not with old Neil in charge who bleeds yellow.

It''s going to take a hell of a performance somewhere yes, but maybe just ONE BIG PERFORMANCE and we could do it. Like others have said, Cardiff were ''gone'' as were Fulham not that long ago and the likes of Swansea, Villa etc were ''definitely safe'', but they''ve all been dragged back into it.

We have the toughest fixtures..but sometimes, just sometimes, those are the ones where you get the dream performance and that bit of luck to go on and win and surprise people.

Everyone is expecting a 5-0 win for Liverpool against us..I''ve seen them play West Ham and Cardiff and they were lucky in many ways to win. We may get battered, but the game hasn''t been played yet so let''s just sit back for now and see how this plays out when the time comes

[/quote]

Very true York - alternatively we could get battered and Liverpool have ''one of those games'' we had yesterday, all to play for and I can''t wait.

We''re going down, simple as that

Take off your green and yellow tinted glasses

[quote user="SYG"]We''re going down, simple as that

Take off your green and yellow tinted glasses[/quote]

Sorry pal - no chance of that, Norwich City supporters wear green and yellow specs, that''s what we do. Of course, you may well be right, it''s a tough run in, but let''s hope the players don''t roll over as easily as you have. Everything to play for whether you like it or not OTBC

I''m preparing for the worst. By all logic, we should go down and it makes sense to prepare yourself for that. But I am a Norwich City supporter, so I''ll never lose the hope that we can stay up until it is mathematically confirmed.

SYG wrote the following post at 13/04/2014 9:42 AM:

Subject

My yellow and green glasses will never come off, i suspect you never had a pair! (Please interpret as you wish)

[quote user="Brienne"]SYG wrote the following post at 13/04/2014 9:42 AM:

Subject

My yellow and green glasses will never come off, i suspect you never had a pair! (Please interpret as you wish)[/quote]

He has 20/20 eye sight? That''s not a bad thing surely?

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="morty"]I''m not writing us off, but as each "must win" game slips by I can''t help thinking about the scenario of having to beat Arsenal on the last day of the season for a slim chance of staying up.Which in turn makes me think of the last time we were relegated from the Premiership, where we were actually everyones favourite of the relegation threatened teams to stay up.All we needed was a result at Fulham.....So, I''m not writing us off, however....[/quote]

I can totally understand that Mark. A win and a draw would obviously see our goal difference improve slightly, leaving Fulham and Cardiff to better 6 points from final 4 - therefore could both win 1, draw 2 and lose just 1- leaving us staying up. Not nice to suggest but an injury or banning to Suarez or Sturridge in today''s high pressure game would definitely give us a boost next week, but I think Carrow Rd will be in full voice next Sunday anyway - and that makes a big difference to the lads. Let''s hope Liverpools run ends next week and not today!.[/quote]I think I was a lot more confident when it was genuinely in our own hands. That changed with the West Brom game. Its still doable, but now we''re talking about injuries, bans, teams on the beach etc etc. Its not entirely in our own hands any more. I''m home Friday, and I''ll be at the home games, and probably go away to Man Utd. But there is part of me inside that is mentally prepared for the worst now.

The top 4 / 6 have been drawing and losing more games away from home this season than in recent years I think.

Liverpools away record for the season is 9 4 4 42 27. Their away form is 5 wins 1 draw no losses for the last 6. This is an exceptional purple patch which I don''t think can last the season. If we can hold our discipline ( is it one or two away goals at carrow road in open play since the turn of the year ?) a draw is possible.

Arsenals away record is 9 2 6 27 30. Their away form is atrocious at the moment, 1 win, 1 draw, 4 defeats.

I fancy us to sneak a draw or even a win against Arsenal who will be focussing on the FA cup the following weekend, and may have already blown their chance of 4th place by then.

Either way, we can''t afford to indulge RvW any further.

Get Hooper on, and hope he finds his shooting boots.

The home records of Chelsea and Man city are rather more daunting - Chelsea undefeated, Man City have lost once at home - so we''ve got to aim for 4 points from the home games to guarantee safety.

It''s ironic. Some of those Inners who were accusing us Outers of being negative and not supporting the club and not showing patience and faith are now being negative and not supporting the club and not showing patience and faith.We''ve still got every chance. Fulham are crap, so are Cardiff. West Brom throw away leads all the time and Swansea are flaky. Villa may be crumbling.If Adams can keep the players believing in themselves, we can do it. Four more points will be enough, I think. Even three perhaps.

Sorry guys but we''re down. I''ve been pretty hopeful and positive things would turn round all season but they haven''t and it''s not going to change now, new manager or not. We simply aren''t good enough, haven''t scored enough goals and thrown away too many points against teams around us and now we have run out of games. We must have played the most games against teams in the bottom half than any other bottom half club given the run in and we still only have 32 points. It makes me f*cking angry to be honest, after two years in the Prem and surviving through the most difficult circumstances last season, and the money we spent. We''ve gone backwards again. Hughton will get the brunt of the blame but the board should take equal responsibility in my opinion for leaving the decision to sack Hughton to late in the season.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The top 4 / 6 have been drawing and losing more games away from home this season than in recent years I think. Liverpools away record for the season is 9 4 4 42 27. Their away form is 5 wins 1 draw no losses for the last 6. This is an exceptional purple patch which I don''t think can last the season. If we can hold our discipline ( is it one or two away goals at carrow road in open play since the turn of the year ?) a draw is possible. Arsenals away record is 9 2 6 27 30. Their away form is atrocious at the moment, 1 win, 1 draw, 4 defeats. I fancy us to sneak a draw or even a win against Arsenal who will be focussing on the FA cup the following weekend, and may have already blown their chance of 4th place by then. Either way, we can''t afford to indulge RvW any further. Get Hooper on, and hope he finds his shooting boots. The home records of Chelsea and Man city are rather more daunting - Chelsea undefeated, Man City have lost once at home - so we''ve got to aim for 4 points from the home games to guarantee safety.[/quote]

Man U Blah we have a better chance against them[:O]

[quote user="canarybubbles"]It''s ironic. Some of those Inners who were accusing us Outers of being negative and not supporting the club and not showing patience and faith are now being negative and not supporting the club and not showing patience and faith.We''ve still got every chance. Fulham are crap, so are Cardiff. West Brom throw away leads all the time and Swansea are flaky. Villa may be crumbling.If Adams can keep the players believing in themselves, we can do it. Four more points will be enough, I think. Even three perhaps.[/quote]Its nothing to do with not supporting the club, its about facts, practicalities and reality.Its slipping away, and the odds of this being a happy ending are getting longer and longer.Would that be the crap Fulham that have won their last two games?

We will struggle if Marin plays CB again, decent full back but I think he lacks the aerial judgment essential to play there. Get him back to RB, with Bennet or bassong back in. Dunno if we should play Turner against Liverpool as he lacks pace.

Overall we are solid enough to stand a chance of getting between 1 and 3 points.

I try not to have too many optimistic expectations anymore, as I am usually disappointed, esp... But I have to believe we can do this!!

Let''s hope the people who can still keep us up aren''t throwing in the towel just yet, unlike some supporters. We historically lose against Fulham. We historically raise our game against the big boys. Football produces strange results. It isn''t over ...yet. There are four very hard games left, but not impossible ...lets hope the playing staff give their all in preparation and performance. Lets play our part too in these games ..not waiting to be entertained (because you''ve paid your money) but roaring our team on -even through inevitable setbacks. You never know ..its not over yet.

I''ve had half a feeling since January that the real ''key'' game in our run-in is United away.

As everyone knows they''ve been very off-colour this year and they''re going to be scrapping for a European place at best- the Everton game next Sunday will determine how much of a chance they have of that I feel. The home fixture was one of those ''unlucky to lose'' games for us and I just feel like that''ll be the game we float or flounder on.

It''s a stroke of luck for us that Arsenal have got to the FA Cup final, so Wenger may well play a weakened team against us in the last league match. After all he is desperate to win a trophy after 9 years without one, and it may even be that his job is on the line (and I never thought I would ever write that sentence).The fact is, every game is winnable, even Liverpool.