Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Alternating RVW and Hooper

Don''t think that was a good idea by CH. You need to give a run of succcessive games to build confidence. Drop, start, drop, start???????Hope NA will stick with Hooper now. After all, he has a lot more goals than RVW.

I do agree we need to chose and stick with one.

Yet Adams first act was to continue the chop and change.

Based on the season these two are our best strikers (not good strikers - just the best at the club). Based on yesterdays game ricky is head and shoulders ahead of hooper

Play them both say I.

They could have built up a decent partnership by now but all this chopping and changing is just the wrong thing to do to strikers, especially now as both seem low on confidence. Yes even Hooper seems to be lost now.

Hughton destroyed strikers. Let the repatriation begin.

I only watch on TV because I live abroad. (I say that because I know some of you on here feel that invalidates my opinion.)But I thought RvW did far more than Hooper yesterday. OK, there was that awful moment when he made an inexplicable pass to a Fulham player having got the ball in a dangerous position after a fantastic run, but HE DID MAKE THE RUN. I didn''t see Hooper do anything like that. And RvW did bring a marvelous instinctive save out of their goalie, something which Hooper didn''t do. The way I personally see them, RvW has far more to offer than Hooper. He''s been a disaster, I''m not denying that, but it looks like a total collapse of confidence. Hooper, I feel, is the more limited player. So in my opinion we should stick with RvW for the last four games.

Yes Bubbles ..you are right ..watching on TV does somewhat limit the validity of your comments . Purely due to the fact that you only see what the camera shows you ,,,however ,,the snap shot on the turn from Hooper ? Keeper made a pretty good stop ,, You obviously missed that too .?

Of course he missed that, it hit a defender, the goalkeeper had nothing to do with it

Neither player has a shred of confidence left after both showing glimpses of quality early in the season (Hooper more so than RVW).Wonder whether we should just stick Becchio up front.... hasn''t been exposed to the pressure, nothing to lose, point to prove.

Yes CB in the opinion of several on here, your opinion as a "plastic" just like mine is worth very little on here unfortunately, I just cant remember over the 30 or so years when I had a season ticket and went to many away games whether I had such a view of other supporters of the club and would have called them a plastic.

Anyway, back to the subject, and I disagree regarding RVW and Hooper. Sure RVW made that run,one decent run..... but as per usual he failed to make others during the match, spent so much time shaking his head and feeling sorry for himself....... and unlike Hooper has only scored the one goal this season, despite I agree probably being the more gifted footballer.

Also, of course, when watching live on tv these days with the angles, replays etc you can actually get a great view of the match which can certainly, at times, be better than many get in the ground As a result many fans at the match will get home and watch the game again as there will be much they missed, particular if the incident was at the other end of the ground. Not saying you cant beat being at the game itself, you really cant...but just saying.........after all thats how 99% of Manchester United''s supporters watch their games every week and that club knows the value of their global fan base.    

Hooper has a great first touch and can distribute the ball well. Not high energy, but play him regularly behind RVW and surely the two of them would strike up some kind of understanding?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Hooper has a great first touch and can distribute the ball well. Not high energy, but play him regularly behind RVW and surely the two of them would strike up some kind of understanding?[/quote]Exactly the point I''ve made on a couple of threads NM.RVW will benefit from having a genuine strike partner who will give him the sort of balls he wants and Hooper is pretty adept at playing clever 1-2''s and similar balls which seems a very good fit.Stick Tettey, Howson and Fer in the middle of the park in a more narrow shape which encourages the likes of Olsson and Martin to push on down the wings, leaving a place for either Wes in the floating role behind Hooper and RVW.Something like this:[url=http://sharemytactics.com/9587/][img]http://sharemytactics.com/9587/Norwich-City-formation-tactics.png[/img][/url]