Sign in to follow this  
PeekJNR

Optimistic or Doomed?

Obviously now our ''more winnable'' games have now passed, but going into the last 4 games who here is optimistic?

Looking at other teams run ins I would say we will need to get 4 points to guarantee survival! I don''t see us drawing 4 games but I could see us managing a win and a draw!

Liverpool may be saying that there not under estimating us, but in what is a very emotional week for them as a club and knowing that there on the winning streak they are on (they all have to end sometime) alongside with hendersons suspension and strurridge reportedly ''out for the next couple of games'' I can see us snatching something next week! The teams passion was there yesterday, we just need a bit of luck!

Man United I unfortunately don''t see us getting anything from as moyes will be fighting for his job!

Chelsea could under estimate us, they will be coming into the game against us off the back of a second leg tie against athletico Madrid, and if they win that tie, we all know which trophy has mourinihos eye. That combined with the poor run of form they are on!

Arsenal game is our best chance of 3 points due to there poor form and a FA cup final the week after for them but we can only hope that arsenal have 4th place wrapped up by then!

Combining all the reasons above with the upcoming World Cup that of course no player will want to miss through injury and Swansea and West Brom aren''t out if it, there is a reason to believe! There is hope! We need to remain behind Neil Adams and the lads!

I''m not optimistic but we''re not doomed quite yet, for me its what Fulham (and possibly cardiff) do. Although its in our hands factually, we''re not gonna get much points from the games remaining. The most i think we can realistically get is 4-5, the least we can realistically get is 1-2. imo. I can''t see us losing every game

Optimistic - nothing good will come from being anything else. We may go down, but by God we''ll go fighting, and or every point. Its all we can ask, and the weirdest thing is that despite playing four of the top teams in Europe, desire allied to belief allied to a system that is believed in MIGHT produce results.

What I will say is that I have far more belief in Adams methods than I do in Chris Hughtons. Actually, on that point, where''s Parma''s ham gone mouldy when you need him for some substantive opinion ....?

I admire your optimism and we mustnt give up. But no matter how you look at the table it makes for grim reading. I honestly cant see us picking up anything from the last 4 games. Not at this stage. Maybe with this run in the middle of the season. Neither Liverpool or Chelsea will slip up, they will get the job done in a game theyre expected to win. Man Utd arent what they were, but still too much for us I believe. Though a draw is not out of the realms of possibility. We''ve had Arsenal beat before, so again not impossible it depends if they have anything to play for. We know the FA usually make sure they get 4th place to protect the Premier League brand, so again cant see us getting much from them. Fulham and Cardiff could lose all their remaining games in a massive validation of Hughtons ''lets hope there are three teams worse than us'' philosophy. But I doubt it. I think relegation is inevitible now

I''d agree if the players and manager thought it. Instead of focusing on being beat, they might roll their sleeves up and refuse to be beat ..most times that wouldn''t be enough against our future four opponents. Most times yes, but not every time.

Perhaps just mindless optimism but I haven''t given up yet. One win would bring a lot of other teams into it as well, so there is less likely to be "easy games syndrome."

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I admire your optimism and we mustnt give up. But no matter how you look at the table it makes for grim reading. I honestly cant see us picking up anything from the last 4 games. Not at this stage. Maybe with this run in the middle of the season. Neither Liverpool or Chelsea will slip up, they will get the job done in a game theyre expected to win. Man Utd arent what they were, but still too much for us I believe. Though a draw is not out of the realms of possibility. We''ve had Arsenal beat before, so again not impossible it depends if they have anything to play for. We know the FA usually make sure they get 4th place to protect the Premier League brand, so again cant see us getting much from them. Fulham and Cardiff could lose all their remaining games in a massive validation of Hughtons ''lets hope there are three teams worse than us'' philosophy. But I doubt it. I think relegation is inevitible now[/quote]Most sensible post of the day.