Sign in to follow this  

I can''t help thinking that we could / should have learnt from them this season.

What a top manager in Steve Bruce - vastly underrated in my opinion, he''s done a fantastic job there this season in both league and cup.

Then look at the players that he brought in - Huddlestone, Livermore, Jelavic & Long, what a different proposition we could have been with them in the squad and a proper manager.

But this is all with the benefit of hindsight. At the tail end of the season it''s easy to say who in retrospect made the right choices.

Would you really, hand on heart, have advocated sacking Hughton and replacing him with Bruce at the start of this season?

Yes - I''ve said for a long while now that someone like Steve Bruce is what we needed, not too many agreed with me though.

I don''t suppose there is anyway we could attract him now, but him with Mike Phelan could be fantastic for us no matter what league we are playing in next season.

The trick we missed was not addressing our most glaring problem in January. It was plain for all to see we had/have no cutting edge. The forwards signed at great expense in the summer are expensive flops. We did nothing about it. Hull signed Jelavic and Long. They''ll still be in the top flight next season. We won''t.

Funny that I remember us comfortably beating Sunderland when he was in charge and him getting sacked by them.

This season he''s done well with Hull similar to Lsmbert did with us the first season back up. It''s one good season and he''s had more bad ones in the top flight than good ones.

Tell you what - why don''t you invent a time machine and at the end of each season you''d go back to the start and correct all the mistakes we made? It would make things a lot simpler...