Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Well i'm prepared to accept we're "Little ol' Norwich" now

It''s clear that the people at the top of our club haven''t got the ambition to think we should be in this league. We''ll be back to our level now, with the Doncasters and Brentfords of the world.

Looking at the fact we were in League 1 a few years ago we''ve done brilliantly to have 3 seasons in the prem. I do fear for us next year though as the championship is a tough league. We need to bring in a quality manager like Malky or Lennon as early as possible and have a good summer to rebuild the squad. Is mcnally and the board capable of getting this sorted? Or will they act with the same hesitance and indecisiveness that they shown this season?

I seriously fear for the future of our club now.At the point at which we get relegated we are likely to have a wage bill which far exceeds our projected turnover for next season.We likely also have money owed on transfer fees, such is the way that clubs operate these days.We will also owe a large bill to the HMRC from this years revenue, to be paid next year.Our squad will be torn apart, but no guarantees that people are going to come along and snap up people like Bassong. How much demand is there for a player with two relegations in three seasons? I just hope we can survive relegation without administration.

I wouldn''t want a complete clear-out. We''d probably lose some of our top earners (if anyone wants them...), but I doubt our side would look that much different. With a few additions and the right manager in charge, there''s no reason why we wouldn''t be there or thereabouts.It''s horrible talking about it though when we''re not even in the relegation zone yet, yet alone relegated.

It is basic maths that we will have to see a massive clear out.Next season we will look at players like Chris Martin, Kei Kamara and James Vaughan and wish we still had them.We might as well give David Fox a new contract right now, and Andrew Surman a contract extensions.That sounds grim, but I''d rather have Fox and Surman than going and signing a load of Carl Robinson''s and Mark Fotheringham''s.

[quote user="Juggy"]I seriously fear for the future of our club now.

At the point at which we get relegated we are likely to have a wage bill which far exceeds our projected turnover for next season.

We likely also have money owed on transfer fees, such is the way that clubs operate these days.

We will also owe a large bill to the HMRC from this years revenue, to be paid next year.

Our squad will be torn apart, but no guarantees that people are going to come along and snap up people like Bassong. How much demand is there for a player with two relegations in three seasons?

I just hope we can survive relegation without administration.
[/quote]

Get a grip you doom-mongering so and so.[:@][:@]

I don''t think we''ll worry financially for a while. If anything, our club has been too prudent. I bet there''s nobody on over £40k a week. Most of them will sell too. There''s only really Bassong of the high earners we might struggle to shift, but I think there''ll be suitors as on his day he is quality, just not a captain.

All too pessimistic for me.

Some players will be sold on and fetch a few millions. Snoddy for example will probably want out and should fetch 5-6.

Those that remain do, I believe, have a relegation clause in their contracts.

We will have pocketed near on £90m this season and have £45m parachute money.

Besides, who knows what the next few games will bring.

Hopefully little ol nowich will be big enough to be bully''s in the championship, but I still think we can get a 2 to 3 points and stay up, only because we due an upset.

I agree with the contents of your post except the two examples of a quality manager that you give.

Lennon''s managerial experience at Celtic is in a wholly unreal situation. Nothing should be attached to his achievements there. You could equally suggest Roy Keane, two of a kind.

Mackay does little for me either, I see little in his CV to suggest he has achieved more than the manager we have just got rid of.

As long as you see a good game of entertaining attacking football, it doesn''t matter what league you are in.

Keelans Grandad

You don''t think it''s good to see world class footballers each week then? You''d prefer to pay the same money to watch those who can''t cut the top level. Listen to what George Burley says about the respective merits of being where we are (for the moment) and where Ipswich have been these past three seasons.

I remember last time we got relegated from the PL. people were absolutely certain we''d come straight back up. First game was against Coventry (I think). The speculation was about how many we would thrash them by. We drew.

It took a few games for reality to dawn .....

£90m and £45m parachute. Absolute rubbish income £65m (sky) + gate receipts £10m + others poss £5m = 80m at most . Parachute next season is £20m for next 4 seasons.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s clear that the people at the top of our club haven''t got the ambition to think we should be in this league. We''ll be back to our level now, with the Doncasters and Brentfords of the world.[/quote]

Stop crying about it, you are a NCFC supporter and it goes with the territory. Those who thought we were going to be a permanent member of the Premier League were living in a dreamland and didn''t like it when alerted to that fact.Relegation is never nice but if it happens it will be my seventh time so excuse me for not chucking my toys out of the pram. There will be the usual scooting around looking for someone to blame but the plain fact is that we haven''t been good enough. It''s been on the cards since I looked at the early relegation candidates after 12 games. We could never get enough daylight to not have to worry about the last 4 games.There''s always the chance of a miracle but I accepted after the WBA defeat that relegation was looking very likely. People will look at the points thrown away and poor decisions that cost us points but it''s the same for everyone and you have to except that you don''t always get the rub of the green.Life goes on (hopefully) and if the worst happens then at least we are debt free, we have four extra homes games and no stupid kick off times next season. Every cloud has a lining although it might not be silver.

When Adams was appointed, every other post was positive, we''ll do this and that, the fog has been lifted, it''s a new dawn etc etc. Here we are one game later and it''s relegation, administration and the breaking up of the squad.

You f**king bed wetting pussies, man up and grow a pair of testicles. I''ve pushed out turds with more backbone than you lot. Ashamed to support our fine club with the likes of you cowards.

Like it Bor,a bit strong, but needs to be said.

Fortunately this forum does not represent the average supporter, just a lot of extremists amongst binners sprinkled with the odd manic depressive topped with more than a few antagonistic wind up merchants.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]When Adams was appointed, every other post was positive, we''ll do this and that, the fog has been lifted, it''s a new dawn etc etc. Here we are one game later and it''s relegation, administration and the breaking up of the squad.

You f**king bed wetting pussies, man up and grow a pair of testicles. I''ve pushed out turds with more backbone than you lot. Ashamed to support our fine club with the likes of you cowards.[/quote]Far too many crying there eyes out when things go wrong and for some this will be their first disappointment. Christ! if Id given up when we first got relegated I''d have missed all those promotions and all the good times.Supporting NCFC is all about ups and downs, get used to it or find something else to do with your Saturday afternoons. We aren''t little Norwich nor are we big Norwich. We are just Norwich City Football Club and whatever disappointments we have we know the next triumph will be just round the corner, JUST LIKE IT''S ALWAYS BEEN.Hard times make you stronger. OTBC.

Fatalism is all very well. However, the signs were writ large last season in terms of approach, tactics, attitude and belief. Last summer was when change should have been made. That most likely would have seen us playing premier league football again next season.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]When Adams was appointed, every other post was positive, we''ll do this and that, the fog has been lifted, it''s a new dawn etc etc. Here we are one game later and it''s relegation, administration and the breaking up of the squad. You f**king bed wetting pussies, man up and grow a pair of testicles. I''ve pushed out turds with more backbone than you lot. Ashamed to support our fine club with the likes of you cowards.[/quote]

[Y][Y]

Well Miggins - i''m glad we sacked Hughton - because unlike the pant-wetters on here - whilst relegation looks likely I actually have a little of belief with Hughton gone - I had none after West Brom and it appeared neither did the players.

We don''t have the `right` to finish mid-table every year. The unfortunate fact is this season was our strongest squad on paper yet it''s been our worst season out of the three. I guess that''s the disappointment - and people will point at Hughton not going earlier - in hindsight I think he should have done but even I was convinced by some of his must-win results so I can''t blame the board too much for doing the same.