Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

At the end of the day

if we go down (which looks very likely), then it''s not the end of the world. A season in the Champ will give us more wins, more goals, the excitement of possible promotion, the chance to do the Scum home and away, no MOTD b0llocks, more games, more youth players coming through the ranks, more refs on our side, some new grounds, friendlier away fans, less glory hunting plastics, less moaning and more optimism.

It''s not all bad. We''ll still be watching the team we love and I for one will look forward to it.

Completely agree. Ask any QPR fan. They say this is the best season they''ve had in years; far better than struggling in the premiership. As long as we don''t get sucked in the middle of the table ex-prem teams (e.g. Forrest, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Leeds).

Agree. I''ve said all week, I would much rather go down and have a decent season under a new manager, than I would stay up and watch another season of Hughton''s sh*t

[quote user="Dicky"]if we go down (which looks very likely), then it''s not the end of the world. A season in the Champ will give us more wins, more goals, the excitement of possible promotion, the chance to do the Scum home and away, no MOTD b0llocks, more games, more youth players coming through the ranks, more refs on our side, some new grounds, friendlier away fans, less glory hunting plastics, less moaning and more optimism.

It''s not all bad. We''ll still be watching the team we love and I for one will look forward to it.[/quote]I think this is a really important point. If more youth players come in to the team following relegation, and obviously help the team to do well/get promoted and improve as players themselves, then I could see relegation as a positive in the longer term. Provided that a return to the PL is achieved within the next few years of course...

My only worry with going down is who we might lose.

And whilst my head is saying we are down, my gut tells me we havent gone yet and there are some twists to come.

Would still rather we stayed up btw, but not a disaster if we go down. City till I die,

And MALKAY MACKAY who has had promotion as player and manager in that division and has something to prove..

oh and he loves Norwich! Adams as assistant? Or if he does well enough give Adams the job, but obviously doesn''t have the same experience

No! No No No.

I refuse to fall into that way of thinking. McNasty was right, it''s unthinkable and I will cling onto every last straw.

The Prem means (in any old order):-

Guaranteed full houses each week. 

A financially secure Club, which has never ever before been the case in my memory.

Spendability in the market and whilst some of it has yet to fructify it might do eventually.

Media exposure, good or bad.

Seeing the top clubs and some of the World''s best competing at the Carra.

Streams .... for an exile like me.

Delia smiling. etc. etc.

Such talk above is defeatist and I cannot agree with it. Prefer the Chumps to the Prem? Come on!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

No! No No No.

Ā 

I refuse to fall into that way of thinking. McNasty was right, it''s unthinkable and I will cling onto every last straw.

Ā 

The Prem means (in any old order):-

Guaranteed full houses each week.Ā 

A financially secure Club, which has never ever before been the case in my memory.

Ā 

Spendability in the market and whilst some of it has yet to fructify it might do eventually.

Ā 

Media exposure, good or bad.

Seeing the top clubs and some of the World''s best competing at the Carra.

Streams .... for an exile like me.

Delia smiling. etc. etc.

Ā 

Such talk above is defeatist and I cannot agree with it. Prefer the Chumps to the Prem? Come on!

Ā 

[/quote]

Never said I would prefer it - said it wasn''t the end of the world

I don''t agree with the OP I am afraid. The last time we got relegated from the Premiership the football was still very turgid and wins became increasingly scarce as we eventually got relegated again.

It''s always a very difficult rebuilding exercise to go down. The better players will leave and then you are left with the ones who were basically responsible for you getting relegated. Wolves have shown what can happen in an absolute worst case scenario if you don''t get right.

I like the fact that our club is competing in the best league in the world, i like the fact that we have the opportunity to buy international players from all over the world, i like the fact that i can go to carrow road and see the likes of David Silva, Suarez, Gerrard,Toure, Kompany, Vidic, Mata, Wilshere etc, I like the fact that i can see the away games that i can''t always get to by the end of the day with long highlights, instead of a 10 second clip against Barnsley, I like the fact that we are not only in a different league, but in a substantially better class than the scum (i sound like thatcher now unfortunately). I like how bing in the premiership means that we aren''t going to go out of business and that we can attract, basically any manager thats available....well considering it isn''t with 5 games to go. We have something to fight for, as fans, lets hold onto that

Bunn, Rudd

Martin, Turner, R.Bennett

E.Bennett, Hoolahan, Tettey, Johnson

Becchio

Try to keep Olsson, Howson, Redmond and Hooper

Give chances to the Murphy boys, Loza, Morris, McGeehan, Gafaiti..

Probably lose Ruddy, Snoddy, Fer, RvW.. Elmander and Yobo go back

Get rid of Garrido, Whittaker, Bassong, Fox, Nash..

[quote user="pablofarmer"]My only worry with going down is who we might lose.

And whilst my head is saying we are down, my gut tells me we havent gone yet and there are some twists to come.[/quote]I really don''t mean this to sound as negative as it''s going to but who would you actually care about losing? The squads been pretty poor all season mainly through a lack of effort from the team. The only players I have much time for at the moment are Snodgrass, Johnson, Olsson and Ruddy and all four of them have played Championship level football before.  Even then I''d say they''ve been average this year and not poor like the rest of the team but can''t see anyone breaking the bank for them.Players likely to go are RVW, Fer, Bassong, Elmander, Tettey and Hooper and I''ve been uninspired by all of them this year.

I remember my mate saying the same to me when we went down under Worthington. We had several years of mediocrity followed by cr@p followed by relegation. Don''t under estimate how tough it will be IF we go down.

I will want us to stay up to the very last minute

True, Hairy, but things are a lot different now - we''d have a lot more cash than the other sides in the Champs: this season''s table kind-of shows this with all the relegated sides up to last weekend in the top 6...if, oddly, none in the top two. If we didn''t at least challenge at the top end we''d be doing pretty pathetically.

Of course we want our side to fight to the last, and it can still be done - but if it comes to the worst, we will all still go and watch whatever and whoever we are playing through thick and thin (though the inevitable extra m-w games are nigh-on impossible for me to get to). IMO there is little difference in many of the teams, they are pretty much interchangeable other than the top 5-6 in the PL, and to an extent I don''t really care who I''m watching!

I doubt there would be less moaning Dicky, there would be so many expecting that we will walk straight back into the Prem, I dont think it woƻld be that way, we would lose a lot of players and need a year to build another squad, hopefully a young together squad.

That could work out to be a good thing all round in the long run, but it wont stop the moaning.