Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

Mcnally should resign

"We have no debts"That can change very very soon.

"a low wage/turnover ratio"
I don''t expect everybody to be financially literate, but it doesn''t take a rocket scientist to work out that our current wage/turnover ratio (whatever it is) is calculated against a turnover of somewhere around £100m, and our wage/turnover ration next season will be calculated against a turnover of somewhere around £45m. Our current wage bill against next seasons turnover would likely be somewhere in the region of 150%, that''s how catastrophic relegation is and I''m shocked how many Norwich fans just can''t see this and expect us to maintain our current squad (lol, lol, lol). Relegation = we are f*cked.

"biggest parachute payments in history"Our turnover will halve, possibly slightly more than halve. That figure includes parachute payments.

"biggest parachute payments in history"That is completely dependent on whether we can get rid of players, we are contractually obliged to pay their wages if they stay. See: Jimmy Bullard. See: Matteo Sereni.  See: Finidi George. See: Zigic.

[quote user="Juggy"]"We have no debts""biggest parachute payments in history"That is completely dependent on whether we can get rid of players, we are contractually obliged to pay their wages if they stay. See: Jimmy Bullard. See: Matteo Sereni.  See: Finidi George. See: Zigic. [/quote]The acid test of McNally''s ability will be the contract situation, he''d said previously that all players have clauses in their contracts that their wages go down in the Championship. Tettey, Turner and Pilkington''s contracts are all up in the summer (though we have an option to extend each of them by a year). It''s plausible we could just let all three go.RVW and Fer will be hawked to the highest bidder. I imagine Ricky''s agent has already started the ball rolling. Not sure about Hooper. He wouldn''t fancy the championship, but I doubt anyone would get near the £5 million we paid for him.

It''s been glaringly obvious all seaon that The New Juggy Le Juge Boy should be both the chief exec and the manager.

Who wants Doomy back?...........yeah, thought not.

Perhaps his resignation would not be a bad thing; after all wasn''t he a little quick off the mark to bin the concessions for the over 60''s while riding the gravy train himself.

Maybe a performance related pay deduction would be worth a shout for someone paid a 7 figure salary.

[quote user="Juggy"]^^^^ in which case he should still resign.If a decision like this went to a board vote then we are truly tinpot.Are you saying Phillip J Fry that a comedian with the same surname as you [Stephen Fry] who has admitted he knows nothing about football is considered qualified to cast a vote on whether Hughton stayed or was dismissed?Our board is not qualified to make decisions like that, wasn''t that the whole point in McNally leading the club in the first place?If McNally has been undermined he should resign.If McNally has not been undermined he should resign.[/quote]That''s the first time I''ve seen this general issue aired, especially in relation to Stephen Fry.It''s not far short of 20 years since Delia''s been in charge, but we''re still asking the same questions about the recruitment of the football management and whether a particular manager should have been fired sooner than they were. Roeder went too late, so did Gunn and now Hughton.Surely it would help matters if at least one ex-player/manager sat on the board or we had some kind of advisory committee staffed with footballing people? They often have something like the latter at clubs on the continent.

A lot of fans have said since very early this season that Hughton should go, but been accused of ''pant wetting'' by fellow fans. This view kept him in a job. McNally should have sacked CH months ago, but didn''t want to lose what support they had from the fans. It turns out that accusing fans who could tell the wood from trees of ''pant wetting'', cost us so dear. Only when it appeared that keeping CH would mean we didn''t have the support to keep us up, was less of a risk than getting rid. I can understand him not wanting to alienate so many fans by being so bold, and hoping for the best. If it goes right, everyone is on board. It didn''t go right. Simple. He should be commended for having the balls to back his manager. But should learn that you have to invest to stay in the prem. hopefully we''ll get back first time, and be all the better for it.

I would be gutted to see McNally go, people quickly forget what it''s like to have someone at the top like Doncaster who couldn''t close a transfer deal to save his life. McNally has made two big mistakes IMO 1 hiring Hughton which many of us agreed with 2 showing faith in Hughton for too long. Obviously the second one was avoidable but he has faith in what he does which is a good thing, Everyone makes mistakes lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

[quote user="he likes paella "]You watch this space - he will be working with an ex manager of a previous club by next season[/quote]

I seriously hope you''re wrong.

In respectful reply to your doom mongering Mr. Juggy.

Permit me to remind you we are not down yet.

If it happens the we will most certainly have to unload a few players. Snodgrass will remain in the Premier League no doubt, Fer too and Pilkington seems to want out and has prospective suitors. Perhaps even Ruddy.

These players will fetch decent fees in the market, yet you fail to add this factor to your £45m turnover. We will still be a strong prospect with stalwats like Martin  and others to keep us healthy. We also have one of the best bunch of youngsters the club has ever had waiting in the wings.

Please be more positive. Having no debt is important despite what you say. It means we are in charge of our own destiny for a starters.

As I said though, we are not down yet. 

Neil Doncaster or David McNally.......

Funny how last season and several before McNally was described as some sort of genius and now were struggling some people seem to want everyone sacked?

Some people forget that Norwich City FC is also a business, when you come under a bit of pressure you don''t sack every management level and start all over again.

Tactics have been wrong/questionable under hughton but a lot of the squad haven''t stood up to be counted this season. Can''t always moan about the hierarchy when the bottom tier hasn''t performed to an acceptable standard over the 34 games.

Mc Nally should stay right where he is thank you.

I presume you have put more energy into protesting about certain Banks and their CEOs with their handling of this country''s banking fiasco? Bit more important?

God some of you people are so self righteous

our best chief exec in 20 years and you want him gone with a full enquiry

[quote user="Paul101"]God some of you people are so self righteous our best chief exec in 20 years and you want him gone with a full enquiry[/quote]

It took a while to wake up about Coco but he came good in the end.......he must stay.