Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

Mcnally should resign

if we go down McNally should resign, Hughton should have gone ages ago, instead mcnally backed him despite the obvious signs

^^^^ in which case he should still resign.If a decision like this went to a board vote then we are truly tinpot.Are you saying Phillip J Fry that a comedian with the same surname as you who has admitted he knows nothing about football is considered qualified to cast a vote on whether Hughton stayed or was dismissed?Our board is not qualified to make decisions like that, wasn''t that the whole point in McNally leading the club in the first place?If McNally has been undermined he should resign.If McNally has not been undermined he should resign.

He should shoulder responsibility but I don''t know about resign- he has a lot to offer the club and I don''t know who we''d bring in. I''d like to think he''ll be held to account but not necessarily by leaving the club.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]He should shoulder responsibility but I don''t know about resign- he has a lot to offer the club and I don''t know who we''d bring in. I''d like to think he''ll be held to account but not necessarily by leaving the club.[/quote]

This 

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]He shouldn''t resign lets not be silly. It looks as though the board''s decision to back Hughton was a mistake but it was an understandable one.[/quote]no it wasnt

can i have a big line of whatever youre snorting  ?

we were woeful from day 1. mcnally didnt have the balls to deal with the situation. time to leave

Keeping Hughton on for so long despite his many, many obvious glaring faults and the very obvious direction he was taking us was negligible to the extreme.

Whoever made the decision to keep Hughton on is responsible for all this and should be made accountable, it was as bad a decision is appointing Bryan Gunn!

We need answers, lots of answers, a full account of what happened this season.Does anybody have faith that we will appoint the right manager in the summer? The same people who appointed Hughton, allowed him to blow £50m on players, and then failed to sack him until 5 games before the end of the season despite widespread unrest amongst fans.Do we have faith in their next decision?

[quote user="iron_stan"]no it wasnt

can i have a big line of whatever youre snorting  ?

we were woeful from day 1. mcnally didnt have the balls to deal with the situation. time to leave [/quote]We had a manager who was averaging a point a game in a season where it looks like 38 points would keep you up, he was (for most of his reign) getting results in the important games.Now the signs were certainly there that we were sliding backwards towards relegation, and personally I agree that Hughton should have gone pre-transfer window, but lets not pretend it was an open and shut case.

Although he should have either:

Sacked hughton a long time ago

kept hughton in to finish the season

got someone else in other than Adams.

The fact is that he has been a major part of the clubs success since coming here and is organised, seems to have his $hit together. He should stay

"Lets take a moment and remember who our Chief Exec was before McNally. Do you want a return to that?"No, which is why this is the right time for Delia and MWJ to sell their shares in the club, so that we aren''t lumbered with a board who make stupid decisions like giving the club secretary the job as CEO and an overweight club commercial manager who happened to play a bit of footy 20 years earlier as team manager.

hughton did the same thing game in game out, and expected different results, it was obvious he had to be sacked months ago

he removed his head from his backside long enough to sack Hughton... wonder if he planted it firmly back there after hiring Adams?

Perhaps hoots and the players weren''t the problem after all???? it''s all lookingn too late to save the season... i said last week Adams smacks of Gunn cheap option to unite the fans.. it''s all come full circle and McNally needs to be held accountable along with the rest of the board

let Dave know it''s time to go....

Hang about..... is this the same has the barclay king who was a Hughton-inner until about two weeks ago?F*cking turncoat, now you are pretending that McNally acted too late?

[quote user="Juggy"]"Lets take a moment and remember who our Chief Exec was before McNally. Do you want a return to that?"No, which is why this is the right time for Delia and MWJ to sell their shares in the club, so that we aren''t lumbered with a board who make stupid decisions like giving the club secretary the job as CEO and an overweight club commercial manager who happened to play a bit of footy 20 years earlier as team manager. [/quote]They acknowledged those mistakes though, and made changes to rectify the situation, changes that ended up with us winning back to back promotions and 2 midtable finishes in the Prem.Better Delia and Michael in charge than the sort of twonks other clubs have to put up with

They acknowledged those mistakes after we''d been a whisper away from bankruptcy!!  Which is where we might be heading now if we don''t yo-yo and get stuck with some massively overpaid tosspots.

Sacking a manager costs money. He. I''m sure now realises that has cost the club 60 million pounds and survival. You cant afford to be greedy at this level. Chris should have gone a long time back. His gamble in keeping him was always going to backfire. However we are not down yet.Please keep faith. If we support the club like we are already down. The club will play liuke they are already down. Man U and Arsenal are very much winible.

[quote user="Juggy"]Hang about..... is this the same has the barclay king who was a Hughton-inner until about two weeks ago?F*cking turncoat, now you are pretending that McNally acted too late?

[/quote]

the general consensus of the fans was that mcNally acted too late... I would like to have seen Hughton succeed... perhaps he would have under different circumstances... the board felt he wasnt the man for the job (he could have kept us up... all immaterial)

either way.. they must have thought it for longer after not allowing him to spend money in January so why wait so long...

Honestly, I feel sorry for Adams, on a hiding to nothing... Hughton was trying to scrape results with what he had and the board sat in the ivory tower....

not sure if you are old enough to remember but this has shades of Deehan/Megson under Chase.... and look how that ended up!

[quote user="Juggy"]They acknowledged those mistakes after we''d been a whisper away from bankruptcy!!  Which is where we might be heading now if we don''t yo-yo and get stuck with some massively overpaid tosspots.

[/quote]We have no debts, a low wage/turnover ratio and will be receiving the biggest parachute payments in history. I suspect our players have relegation wage cut clauses.Getting relegated is going to be an utter pisstake based on what a good position we were in but it is not going to bankrupt us.

Keep all members of the board, the majority of there decisions have been correct, one error does not constitute a sacking, it''s continual errors that get you the sack. eg. Hughton  !

Just to add to the misery, I hope people won''t expect an immediate return should we go down. It''ll be many seasons before we return again.