Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Could we have done with a "legend"

As I waste my time at work making a ''living legends'' team on FIFA''s FUTHEAD site. I do wonder if we''ve lacked that bit of extra experience in the middle, either defence, midfield or up front. Someone to steady the ship and someone dependable.

I know when we got Dublin, people laughed but he was one of our best signings of recent memory and you can see how the evergreen Giggs'' performances for United have given them hope in a frustrating season. His wonderful game against Olympiakos probably saved Moyes his job.

Even looking at the likes of Fulham, who probably had too many oldies, but you look at Hangeland, Parker and co and realise they have learnt what it takes to win and win ugly. Indeed Gerrard is proving key to Liverpools aspirations.

I perhaps think we should have looked to a wise old head to provide an outlet for us, possibly in that number 10 role (no, I don''t neccesarily mean the Quag!).

Perhaps Elmander was supposed to be that guy, but he''s flattered to decieve and my optimism with our shrewd early deals turned very sour when the rumours of the belgian centre half, the quag and co stopped and only Elmander on loan signed.

I feel the right experienced pro signing would have given us the winner we needed to replace Holt and we wouldn''t have dropped points so easily versus the teams around us. The likes of RVW and co would have benifitted from learning the trade from such a name too.